TV: Silicon Valley Pt 2

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Honestly when you get gold like Jared's insult to Dinesh at the end the constant failure is tolerable.

Between Jareds line and "OR DO WE" from Erlich, this episode was hilarious.

No show makes me crack up like Silicon Valley.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Cypres Hillel

So. Jack has the "fake" fake plans allowing the guys to carry out the real plan because Jack thinks he thwarted it.

giphy.gif

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't think people are actually complaining about literal realism are they?

I've always felt that people put too much emphasis on realism in TV/Movies-- it's a criticism that annoys me. If it works, it works-- sometimes the surreal and silly can work just as well. Sometimes it doesn't, but for other reasons.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think people are actually complaining about literal realism are they?

I've always felt that people put too much emphasis on realism in TV/Movies-- it's a criticism that annoys me. If it works, it works-- sometimes the surreal and silly can work just as well. Sometimes it doesn't, but for other reasons.

Real life can be stranger than fiction. I mean you couldn't write the OJ Simpson case.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I just caught up with this weeks episode. I thought this was a great episode. Laughs came from everywhere. Erlich, Dinesh's chain, the company within the company plan, Gilfoyle and the recruiters.

I also am not getting the criticism of the plot. I find the issues with the CEO a pretty likely type of problem given the stage of an IT company. Plus, who hasn't had a boss that seemed nice at first, but became a tyrant pretty quickly.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Started the show this week, just got to season two. I was familiar with Russ from the "this guy ****s" YouTube clip, and absolutely lost it when he drove up blasting Limp Bizkit

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I just read a reddit discussion about whether this was part of the fake plan, and the evidence is pretty compelling. I think it would have been funny to see the whole plan flush away, but, it seems pretty intricate how they set this up. Of note, the conversation with the Japanese gardener from Erlich seems to indicate that tripping on the hose probably wasn't accidental.

This show is hitting on all cylinders, so, whatever direction they go, I'm sure it's going to be funny.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Pretty sure really all he said was "Hiroki, thank you." I think he said "gozaimasu" at the end but I don't remember what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing important.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Pretty sure really all he said was "Hiroki, thank you." I think he said "gozaimasu" at the end but I don't remember what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing important.

It's not the content of the conversation, but, the fact that Richard tripped on the garden hose. Further, the gardener seemed to be standing there with the hose and it not running.

Circumstantial, but, supports the idea of a set up. That Erlich/Gardener scene was a pretty weak gag, and makes sense that's it part of a larger payoff.

We'll see. This was such a great episode though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad