TV: Silicon Valley Pt 2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The security guy has an unhealthy love of Gavin and hates Barker for pushing Gavin out.

Because Richard wrote that nice article about Gavin he decided to help them.

Barker also treats him much worse than Gavin and has no appreciation for the security work either, so he thought Pied Piper was looking to mess with Barker and that a screw up like that would help Gavin.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I thought that was a really good episode. The suicide bomber stuff was amazing. Jin Yang paying to get rid of Erlich was really funny too. I love that Dinesh is going to rat on his girlfriend again. A lot of funny stuff.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
So, did the VR thing cause the phones to blow up, or did the Piper malware in the Hooli app have something to do with it?

The suicide bomb gag was goddamn hilarious.

I loved it as it developed :laugh:

Jared's indignation with Richard falls flat when you remember he was the one who hired the click farm.

a-ha! Good point! :handclap:

I think I'm okay with that. There's only so many times I can see them get in some sort of ownership quandary only to have Richard end up in control again or face an existential/funding crisis only to be bailed out by a deus ex machina. The show is still hilarious on most episodes, but the constant cycle of one or two week long crises gets old.

I agree... well said.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
So, did the VR thing cause the phones to blow up, or did the Piper malware in the Hooli app have something to do with it?

I think the PP guys will think it's them and they'll freak out while Jack and Hooli will think it's them and in the end it'll be a Hooli mistake leading to Jack being fired and Gavin returning.

also with the way this season is shaping up I get the feeling they only planned for four seasons. I mean everyone is moving on from where they were:Monica,Jin Yang,Elrich,Big Head etc and they were setting it up to brake up PP with Gilfoyle finding out about Richard screwing them over and setting up his exit. In the end it think they were setting up something where Richard being all alone and would wind up back at Hooli working for Garvin right back where he started

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Both. Jack had mentioned earlier that they had spent the last little while rushing an updated Hoolicon app out so the VR would run on the phones. Pied Piper used an old version of the Hoolicon app to insert their malware that didn't have the update, so any phone that downloaded it couldn't handle the VR.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Generally I'm meh with Jian Yang but I died at "I have uncle in Bejing, he vawy cowwupt"... dunno why but my fav line of episode, in stitches

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
When Jared and Richard were talking about abe Lincoln it got me thinking, Jared would be a good Lincoln impersonator.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
When Jared and Richard were talking about abe Lincoln it got me thinking, Jared would be a good Lincoln impersonator.

You haven't watched The Office episode where Gabe (Jared) and everyone goes to Gettysburg and he's mistaken for an Abe Lincoln impersonator?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Gavin really cracked me up. Especially his facial reactions.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I really didn't like the deus ex machina ending with the smart fridges.

Easily the weakest season of the show so far.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
What I'd like to see next season is they finally get some legit funding. The whole getting investor then failing spectacularly thing is getting tiring...I want to see Pied Piper at the next level.

And booo, no Russ Hanneman this episode.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
What I'd like to see next season is they finally get some legit funding. The whole getting investor then failing spectacularly thing is getting tiring...I want to see Pied Piper at the next level.

And booo, no Russ Hanneman this episode.

This. I would hope they would move onwards from that a bit instead of always falling back into it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Very much so. It's just been the same story with different details every season now.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
"Is there a girl in there?

...how many girls are in there?"

:laugh:

Mediocre finale at best, but still some funny bits.

[spoil]Gavin returning to an antagonistic role does make it seem like they are going backwards though.[/spoil]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad