Value of: Sidney Crosby

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Sorry to Pens fans for having to hear this constantly. Obviously, as an Avs fan I would love to be able to somehow add Crosby, but I can't imagine having to read these every other day.
Why are people so dramatic about this stuff?

You "can't imagine" having to read a player on your favourite hockey team being mentioned in fictitious trade proposals made by total strangers on the internet on an online message board?

Anyways...

Crosby leaving will be on his terms and to a team of his choosing and I just feel like that's clearly the Avs. It makes way too much sense and I've been beating this drum for a while.

Plays with his best buddy, they are a cup contenders (especially with him), they need a #2 C (less so after the TDL but Crosby is still a huge. upgrade on Mittlestadt), and it's out west out of Pens division and conference.

I think the people saying Crosby will never ask to or want to leave are mistaken. He's likely already played his last ever playoff game if he stays in Pittsburgh. That's not going to be ok with a hyper competitive guy like Sid.

Chasing cups for the last 3-4 years of your career > missing playoffs for the final 5 season just for the arbitrary honour of being a one-team player.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
You know what watching this game today the Penguins actually look dead. Crosby very well may want out. That would be a full rebuild.

Crosby to Florida: Lundell + 1st and cap dump
Malkin to Boston: Proitas, Lysell and cap dump
Letang to Toronto: 1st and cap dump
Rust to Oilers: 1st and cap dump
Karlsson to Dallas: Steel + 1st

Pens are already unwatchable why not ship everyone worth something and stockpile picks and young guys
The San Jose will have a top 5 pick from Pittsburgh next year if Pens pick top 10 this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You know what watching this game today the Penguins actually look dead. Crosby very well may want out. That would be a full rebuild.

Crosby to Florida: Lundell + 1st and cap dump
Malkin to Boston: Proitas, Lysell and cap dump
Letang to Toronto: 1st and cap dump
Rust to Oilers: 1st and cap dump
Karlsson to Dallas: Steel + 1st

Pens are already unwatchable why not ship everyone worth something and stockpile picks and young guys

Nobody is going to pay anything for Malkin

rogking65

May 13, 2016
Is it not pointless to debate this? Vegas is just going to offer Brisson, three 1st. The real debate is will Tampa try to one up that offer with every one of their draft picks for the next 5 years.
hahahahaHAHAHAHhahahaha you joker you

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Nobody is going to pay anything for Malkin
Malkin may be a “shell of his former self” but his former self was a top 3 player in the world. So yeah.

This is by far his worst season of his career, on by far his worst team of his career, and he’s still got 48 points in 60 games.

He would be just fine in Boston or Florida. I’m not expecting a huge return, but to say no one is paying anything is just wrong. He is paid middle of the road for his skills and service in today’s cap world.

Reactions: banks

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If not Colorado I wouldn't mind seeing him in Edmonton. They're primed to win a cup soon. Crosby in his late 30s is a good two way player and could be the best 3rd line center in the league and make that team unstoppable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Malkin may be a “shell of his former self” but his former self was a top 3 player in the world. So yeah.

This is by far his worst season of his career, on by far his worst team of his career, and he’s still got 48 points in 60 games.

He would be just fine in Boston or Florida. I’m not expecting a huge return, but to say no one is paying anything is just wrong. He is paid middle of the road for his skills and service in today’s cap world.

He’s 38y next season, not a game changer by any means

Good luck getting 2 top prospects for him

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
If not Colorado I wouldn't mind seeing him in Edmonton. They're primed to win a cup soon. Crosby in his late 30s is a good two way player and could be the best 3rd line center in the league and make that team unstoppable.

To the contrary, Crosby sucks at defense and is on the ice for tons of goals against.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Crosby will pick where he goes obviously and the return will reflect that. It’ll probably be something like (from the Avs):

2024 1st + Gulyayev + Colton/Logan O’Connor/Miles Wood (possibly 2 of those guys)

for

Crosby (@ 50%).

The Pens will probably try to get the Avs to include Cal Ritchie, and while possible, I think the Avs hold firm and don’t trade him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Let him come to Montreal. He grew up a Habs fan, his father played for the Habs organization, he can speak French, and he can finally lead the Habs back to glory.

Crosby-Suzuki down the middle would be a lot of fun to watch.

Habs have a nice bunch of defense prospects that could be used, along with draft picks. Let’s make it happen.

So he can play out his career on a non contender? for what?

Dude wants to win another cup. Not waste his last years on a. lottery team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't think Kane and Crosby are in the same stratosphere of recognition.
Kane also had the accusation in 2015 and the hip injury as you said. Crosby is still considered a top-25ish player in the league.

3 1sts may be a bit high but I would expect maybe 1.5-2x the return for a different 37 year old playing at a still-high level.

What does that have to do with anything? Its been thoroughly debunked and it came out the girl conspired with her mother to make a false accusation in hopes of getting a payout from him.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It ALL depends on the acquisition cost.

In the open market Pens will want Dach, Ghule and a 1st.

FORGET IT...ABSOLUTELY FORGET IT

IF...IF Crosby tells them where he wants to go and it cost a 1st, then fine.

The money doesn't bother me, the acquisition cost does to the point of yes to absolutely not.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Why would the Pens trade Crosby and give the Sharks a shot at first overall next season? There's no incentive to tank because of the Karlsson trade

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Why would the Pens trade Crosby and give the Sharks a shot at first overall next season? There's no incentive to tank because of the Karlsson trade
The Penguins will not be the ones deciding to trade him. It would be his choice, in which case the Penguins would have to honor it. And if he wants out, then we give the Sharks this years first (probably around 10th OA) and just bite the bullet knowing that next years pick will be higher.

Crosby decides our future, as he should IMO.

EquivalentStay

Jul 27, 2020
Crosby will pick where he goes obviously and the return will reflect that. It’ll probably be something like (from the Avs):

2024 1st + Gulyayev + Colton/Logan O’Connor/Miles Wood (possibly 2 of those guys)

for

Crosby (@ 50%).

The Pens will probably try to get the Avs to include Cal Ritchie, and while possible, I think the Avs hold firm and don’t trade him.
31 teams beat this offer easily.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Crosby will ( or already has been) doing some soul searching for the rest of this season and the off-season. I think the Pens will shoot their shot again next season, but he will have to come to terms with the path in front of him. The competitive window in Pittsburgh is essentially closed. He won’t like the thought of just going through the motions of the NHL regular season. At the same time he does seem like a loyal guy.
My advice to him would to be selfish. Think of his legacy and the remainder of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad