Value of: Sidney Crosby

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Sorry to Pens fans for having to hear this constantly. Obviously, as an Avs fan I would love to be able to somehow add Crosby, but I can't imagine having to read these every other day.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I think he's as good as gone. With Dubas at the helm they're going nowhere fast, I can't see Crosby wanting to be attached to a sinking ship with that idiot in charge.

Colorado, Boston, Carolina, Detroit, Florida, Vancouver, Vegas could all make sense

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Habs be interested when he hits UFA in 2025
With all due respect, he's probably going to a contender to finish his career, not a rebuilding team.

Also for the thread, he's gonna be 38 by the end of next season, maybe a 1st + B prospect at this point ? Every year gone by badly decreases his value at this age, there's no guarantee he'll produce like this next season.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I would think that after July when Sid signs an extension these threads will stop but knowing this place people will propose sign and trades.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
this isn’t your traditional rental so him becoming a ufa I don’t think diminishes his value as much your average pending ufa. Likely he will get permission to discuss an extension with the new team. It will probably take multiple 1st round picks and prospects.
Eh, I disagree. When you’re trading a player of Crosby’s caliber and a franchise legend, you’re also doing it as favor and thank you to him. If Crosby wants to be traded, he’s picking where he’s going and the Penguins are not going to block him.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
431884419_427245376332036_1556864315184060397_n.jpg

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If they keep their 1st this year, I assume SJS gets their 1st next year. And if this is what they look like right now, that’s a probable top 5 pick without 87.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If Crosby asks for a trade, he'll be picking the team he wants to go to and the return won't make any Pens fans happy. Probably along the lines of what Jagr got when he was traded to the Caps.
At this point I don't care anymore. Dark days are ahead, i'm fine with that. I wanna see Crosby win another cup, Malkin too if he's able to.

God he would be so good on the Avs
Would MacKinnon play wing with Crosby? that would be something.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
At this point I don't care anymore. Dark days are ahead, i'm fine with that. I wanna see Crosby win another cup, Malkin too if he's able to.

Would MacKinnon play wing with Crosby? that would be something.
I'd like to see him as a 2C with Nichushkin. They would be unreal together and what a top 6 that is.

Reactions: 66-30-33

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I ask this questions because things clearly arent working in Pitt right now and his post TDL interview was depressing to watch.

I cant imagine he’s thrilled with going through another year of this.

With that said, what is the value of a 37 year-old Sid with 1 year left at $8.7mm cap hit?

I also recognize Sid if moved would decide where exactly he gets moved to which will diminish the return.

I imagine he’d want to get out of the east due to his loyalty to the pens. The obvious one to me seems like the Avs.
Did y'all miss the trade deadline? The Avs just traded for their new 2C. That was, by far, their biggest roster flaw. It’s now filled. Probably by a guy that signs an Extension of some kind the summer. They have an expensive 3C too. Avs are set down the middle.

So unless Crosby wants to become a big RHD, the Avs no longer need him. He no longer fills a formerly glaring hole in their roster.

So remove Colorado from this conversation. Try Boston. He’d fill a need there.

Last edited:

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Did y'all miss the trade deadline? The Avs just traded for their 2C. That was, by far, their with biggest flaw. It’s now filled. They have an expensive 3C too.

So unless Crosby wants to become a big RHD, the Avs no longer need him. He no longer fills a formerly glaring hole in their roster.

So remove Colorado from this conversation. Try Boston. He’d fill a need there.
if Crosby wants to come to Colorado in the off-season, you have to try and pull it off. Unless his game falls off a cliff soon, it’s worth the difficulty of making the moves required

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
if Crosby wants to come to Colorado in the off-season, you have to try and pull it off. Unless his game falls off a cliff soon, it’s worth the difficulty of making the moves required
Like trading away Mitts? That really seems stupid and unrealistic. The Avs no longer have this massive hole at 2C. They just filled it.

Replacing Mitts with Crosby isn’t the move we’d make to go for the Cup. That’s like a bizarre sideways move now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad