Sidney Crosby surpassing Alexander Ovechkin in career points watch (UPD: Ovechkin ahead by 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
The guy who is going to break Gretzky's goals record?
Someone save this post please. as close as he is...he's still so far away. 259 goals away. He would need a pace of 37 goals a year for the next 7 years realistically. All it takes is one injury to ruin a career. Although if he can remain this consistent, then he deserves to be the greatest goal scorer of all time, which he basically already is, beyond holding the record.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Rarely does a player do all the work leading up to a goal. This isn't the NBA where you just give the star the ball and get out of the way.
So why don't we count 3rd assists, 4th...etc..., The point is that stopping at 2 is completely arbitrary. I can pull up 20 clips where Kane cycles and dominates for 20 seconds but wouldn't receive an assist on the subsequent goal.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
So why don't we count 3rd assists, 4th...etc..., The point is that stopping at 2 is completely arbitrary. I can pull up 20 clips where Kane cycles and dominates for 20 seconds but wouldn't receive an assist on the subsequent goal.

Ok I’ll wait

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Nothing to do with Crosby but my favorite secondary assists are when the player passes up to the point, then that player passes it back and forth two or three times with the other player at the point before shooting and scoring. How the first guy who passed it up to the point gets an assist is beyond my comprehension.

Reactions: Sensators

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Nothing to do with Crosby but my favorite secondary assists are when the player passes up to the point, then that player passes it back and forth two or three times with the other player at the point before shooting and scoring. How the first guy who passed it up to the point gets an assist is beyond my comprehension.

Because the NHL credits two assists to the last two players who touched the puck before the goal. You’re welcome.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Oh, I get it, it just makes no sense. It is absolutely the cheapest point in the NHL and completely undeserved.

So... just one assist? Or do you want the player to get a goal and an assist on the same play lol

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
What a fresh debate...

Safe to assume that Adam Oates is obviously a better player than Doug Gilmour was? Allowing for a little poetic license...[/QUO
What a fresh debate...

Safe to assume that Adam Oates is obviously a better player than Doug Gilmour was? Allowing for a little poetic license...
Am I missing something? Is Oates not universally regarded as a better player than Oates?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby could break Gretzkys goal record if he wanted too.

He's just too good at elevating other players to try.

Reactions: Caps8112

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No. Literally always a goal doesn’t happen without the ply of the secondary assister.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but if you're saying that every goal happens because of a second assister, that's not always true. Some come from individual efforts where the scorer caused a takeaway or benefited off a turnover and scored on his own.

But even on goals where the team strings more than one pass together on the play there are secondary assist plays that are pretty whatever

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but if you're saying that every goal happens because of a second assister, that's not always true. Some come from individual efforts where the scorer caused a takeaway or benefited off a turnover and scored on his own.

But even on goals where the team strings more than one pass together on the play there are secondary assist plays that are pretty whatever
I was just being overly literal. If there’s a play with two assists, it doesn’t technically happen if the first guy doesn’t make the pass. Even if it’s the simplest, easiest hockey play imaginable.

Reactions: Hippasus

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Total NHL career points Reg and playoffs combined
Crosby 1347 points in 1059 games=1.27 ppg (104 points per 82 games)
Ovechkin 1284 points in 1162 games= 1.11 ppg (91 points per 82 games)

Crosby has 63 more career nhl points in 103 less career nhl games.... check mate

they played the same number of seasons.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I would say I see it on the power play at least once every 10/12 games.

I wasn't even thinking PP, for some reason I was thinking 5 on 5 and I've rarely seen that...well except for the Sedins but they were kind of one player in 2 bodies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Crosby has always been the best in the world.

4UJw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad