Sidney Crosby dirty hit on Johnny Boychuk? - MOD WARNING POST #108

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Won't somebody please think of the Boychuk?

Crosby took him to the woodshed. Let's humor him and pretend there was something nefarious about it. Poor little guy.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Moderator Warning

I've just spent about 10 minutes cleaning this thread. First, a reminder that discussions on the merits of a thread like "This thread is stupid" or "Why is this a thread" are against the rules. Anybody making such comments from here on out will get infracted or thread banned. Anybody trolling or flaming will get thread banned AND infracted. Now let's see if we can discuss this civilly.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Is this a joke?

Thread title should read: "Look at what a beast on his skates Crosby is!"

No kidding. I can't believe we're debating over whether the hit was clean or not. It was a perfectly timed clean body check that allowed Crosby to take Boychuck out of the play momentarily and tap in the game winner because of it.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I came here to lose my poop about a dirty hit by Sid. Instead, i get more evidence about how Crosby is the greatest hockey player on planet earth.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So Boychuk gets separated from the puck (probably interference but the puck was there to be played so borderline) gets beat to the front of the net by the same player, and then gives him a shot after the goal out of frustration. Cant see any maliciousness, but I can see why he'd be sore about it.

He was clearly shaken up on the hit, but it looked like a routine hit. And it looks like, if he hadnt dropped his stick, he would have beat him to the front of the net.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
More important and relevant discussion from this game, pls discuss:

8thS8zh.png

Thank you. :laugh:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I came here to lose my poop about a dirty hit by Sid. Instead, i get more evidence about how Crosby is the greatest hockey player on planet earth.

True story, I saw my 1st hockey game ever in Pittsburgh in the early 80's where the Pens played vs the Hawks.

In that game, Al Secord took a flying elbow to the head of a Pens player leading to a bench clearing brawl and the attempt by Secord to enter the stands after a fan who had dumped beer on his head in the Penalty Box.

Needless to say, I was hooked on hockey from that point moving forward!!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
guys lets jump to conclusions if we hate Crosby, and use a potato .gif with an angle that makes anything impossible to see to say;

Typical Crosby

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
No hit league is the new NHL, cannot beleive Pastrnak got 2 games for the samething basically but shaw got nothing for that hit from behind. Hard to figure out what is allowed nowadays

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That's a clean hit.
The narrative that Boychuck would be suspending if it was the other way round is moronic too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad