Sidney Crosby dirty hit on Johnny Boychuk? - MOD WARNING POST #108

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Boychuk had this to say: “It’s frustrating when you get elbowed in the head and that guy scores the goal. I’m sure if it was reversed, I’d be getting a phone call from the league and a suspension.â€

The islanders coach echoed his sentiments by saying: “It was a high hit, no question. The disappointing thing is the official is right next to [Boychuk]. He didn’t even have the puck.â€

Here is the hit

How many games for Crosby?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Terrible angle to try and determine if his elbow came up or not. From this angle, it looks like a textbook shoulder to shoulder hit.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Boychuk might actually be concussed, whining about a nothing play like that is ridiculous.

I also like the comment of the reversed roles. That pretty much confirms Boychuk is a HFBoards poster.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I really don't see how Crosby's elbow could have come up and down real quick and there doesn't appear to be direct contact with the head. If that's considered a dirty hit, then why even hit anymore?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The hit itself wasn't bad but it could've been 2 minutes for interference. Crosby makes no effort to play the puck and Boychuk doesn't have it either.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Meh. Probably an accident but if the players were reversed hf would have a meltdown.

i agree. every time someone touches crosby, they get suspended. All you have to do is look up the list of players suspended for hitting crosby.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
No
Hit
League

Even legal ones apparently.

I don't remember Boychuk having anything to say when tried to take out Malkin's knee. Or when he broke Mason Raymond's neck.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Except you know, when he puts it in the net mere seconds later.

I'm guessing you're joking, but I was pretty clearly talking about attempting to play the loose puck along the boards. He cuts off Boychuk before he gets to the puck. Hence interference.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Boychuk is whining about nothing IMO. That hit was nothing crazy and people get interfered with all the time and get away with it.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Whether you believe it was not a head shot or not, it doesn't change the fact that he interfered with a player away from the puck going to play the puck. Then scored a goal. Brutal non call

That's a reasonable debate. "How many games for Crosby?" as stated in the OP is laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad