Value of: Sid for Kuch (Bolts and Pens fans opinion please)

This trade

• Total voters

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah we have two 1c's already. What is stamkos going to do on the third line if even crosby on the first doesn't have any top-line quality wingers. People think tampa is super stacked with top line talent but that isn't true. We have three first line quality forwards, then MAYBE two first or second line quality wingers in Johnson and Gourde. We need wingers more than we need yet another center. I'd honestly consider a Kane or Ovi or Panarin over Crosby simply because of team need if I could add any one player to our current lineup.

I imagine its similar for the pens as if you take away crosby, you have malkin and what else? You might be able to make a killer top line with him and kuch but there would be no depth whatsoever

That’s the best part about Crosby. He could carry a line solely by himself.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
A team in "win now" mode could arguably not add a better player than Sidney Crosby to their roster. McDavid is probably better overall at this stage - but combine Crosby's ability with his experience/leadership I think it would work really, really well in getting a team over the top/to win the cup.

And based on Tampa's collapse last year - Crosby could be beneficial.

But - of course Pittsburgh also lost in 4 last year, so it's not like Crosby is without fail. And Kuch just had a historic season - and he's full of unknowns, was it just a fluke, or is the new norm for him going to be outscoring even McDavid in his prime? And how long will he maintain that level? He has a ton of upside so it's hard to give up on that.

I voted last option under the assumption that with Crosby they win the next cup - maybe next 2. And how can winning 1-2 cup be anything other than a win? Doesn't mean Tampa couldn't win a cup or 2 with Kucherov though.

Both teams probably say no to the trade - but both probably also consider it very seriously before saying no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad