Value of: Sid for Kuch (Bolts and Pens fans opinion please)

This trade

• Total voters

illpucks

May 26, 2011
If you are a Pens fan how would you feel if Crosby was traded tomorrow for Kucherov
If you are a Bolts fan how would you feel if Kucherov was traded for Crosby

Hypothetical obviously so no one get offended please.

Reactions: egelband

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Penguins lose their punch through their centers and I’m not sure they have the center depth to compete anymore. Especially with how often Malkin gets hurt.

Voted that the Pens get fleeced but that’s only because of the current cap crunch the Penguins are in and construct of the team.

If it was a 1 for 1 trade with no outside context factored in, I’d trade Crosby for Kuch just because of the age factor.

If they were of similar age, I’d take Crosby.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
That's terrible for Tampa. Kuch is way younger signed for like 800 k more and just won the Ross and hart.

They don't even need Crosby in a positional sense with Stamkos and point. (Unless he is offersheeted but then they just move Johnson back over )

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
one of the best centers in the league Top 3 at worst singed for 8.7 M for the next 6 seasons

or one of the best wingers in the league singed for a really good cap hit of 9.5 for the next 8 years.

its a toss up

Idk i'd take Crosby still hes a 2 time cup winner hes carried the team before and hes a center no team really wins

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sid's one of maybe three guys in the league who makes me pause when thinking about trading Kucherov. And the only reason for the pause is the age difference. I do think Kucherov has a good argument to be the best player in the league, but having that dominant center can be sooooo key in the playoffs.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Crosby is one of the greatest NHL players of all time, no doubt. But Tampa loses here. Kucherov is much younger and has less wear and tear.

Time goes forward, not backwards.

Reactions: Lobodomy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If the NHL decided to shut it's doors and close down after next season, I'd do it. I think, for one season and one playoff run, Sid might still be the #1 forward you want on your roster. But I think I'd have to decline, just because I think Kucherov has 5-7 more big years in him, and we have seen him dominate in the playoffs before when conditions were right.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'd have to think Pittsburgh would want to solve a whole lot of problems in a Sid trade (besides the problem of not having Sid anymore), and trading him for a winger, even as good and as young as Kucherov is, opens up a big hole to fill another one. I'd have to think that they'd have to get a solid center back and then some.

As for the Lightning, making this tread doesn't really provide enough cap relief for the upcoming season for the RFAs who have yet to sign.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I very much doubt any Pens fan even considers this.
No slight on Kucherov, but Sid is just more valuable. Being a C, being a winner, being the franchise icon, being a much bigger revenue booster etc.

I get if Tampa fans wouldn’t, because of age, comparable ability and having Point and Stamkos... but for Pens fans it is a no brainer to say no.

Reactions: Vujtek

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Age difference is the only thing in Kucherovs favor.

He just had a 125 point season but that is such a rarity I’m willing to wager he doesn’t get close to that number again. Further, the guy disappears in playoffs and plays soft.

Crosby (barring another concussion) will age well, and he’s just 31. He’s got 3 seasons left of being a top 3 center, and his leadership skills are through the roof. He’s also on a bargain of contract given today’s standards.

I would consider it for a moment, but in the end, give me Sid 9/10 times.

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Age difference is the only thing in Kucherovs favor.

He just had a 125 point season but that is such a rarity I’m willing to wager he doesn’t get close to that number again. Further, the guy disappears in playoffs and plays soft.

Crosby (barring another concussion) will age well, and he’s just 31. He’s got 3 seasons left of being a top 3 center, and his leadership skills are through the roof. He’s also on a bargain of contract given today’s standards.

I would consider it for a moment, but in the end, give me Sid 9/10 times.
Troll? Kucherov has 61 points in 65 playoffs games.

Reactions: Omark and TheKrewe

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think the trade does not make much sense because Tampa would need another sniper and Pittsburgh would need somebody to drive their game.
Despite age, career season and co, I feel like Kucherov is nowhere near Crosby's level when you need a guy to step up in SC contention (see Columbus)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Kuch just turned 26 and is in the prime of his career.

Crosby will be 32 shortly and is nearing the point where even the greatest players start to see a decline to their games.

If I'm Tampa, I dont touch this.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Troll? Kucherov has 61 points in 65 playoffs games.
A guy that hits 125 points can’t even be a ppg player in playoffs? Yeah that’s my problem. Crosby is well over a ppg in playoffs and has been clutch in captaining 3 Stanley cup runs.

The bolts were favored by like a million the last 2 seasons and amounted to nothing. I’m almost positive if you swap Kuch for Sid that the bolts would have at least one cup already.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
A guy that hits 125 points can’t even be a ppg player in playoffs? Yeah that’s my problem. Crosby is well over a ppg in playoffs and has been clutch in captaining 3 Stanley cup runs.

The bolts were favored by like a million the last 2 seasons and amounted to nothing. I’m almost positive if you swap Kuch for Sid that the bolts would have at least one cup already.

Didn't Crosby win the Conn Smythe being below ppg? Guess he must suck as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad