Value of: Sid for Kuch (Bolts and Pens fans opinion please)

This trade

• Total voters

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Lmao. Yeah. You big boy mad.
Imagine being so full of youself that you mention beating a bottom feeder two years ago but last year you were swept after a historic regular season

Its okay bud, I get youre having a rough go of it in the hockey world being swept and thinking Kucherov is better than Crosby, but one day maybe your luck will turn around

Sure as hell wont be today though hahah

Reactions: domaug

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
one of the best centers in the league Top 3 at worst singed for 8.7 M for the next 6 seasons

or one of the best wingers in the league singed for a really good cap hit of 9.5 for the next 8 years.

its a toss up

Idk i'd take Crosby still hes a 2 time cup winner hes carried the team before and hes a center no team really wins

3 time cup winner. 2 time Conn Smythe winner.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Not commenting on the trade value but if they swapped Kutch does not hit 90 points and Crosby hits 110.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
At first, I thought this was huge TB win. But thinking it over and reading some replies here, I've changed my mind. Crosby is exactly what TB needs. Could be a true win-win trade.
@illpucks great question. I would have added the option: neutral fan, even deal.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
You dont trade Sid unless he asks to leave. He has given so much to that organization, he deserves whatever he wants. Skill wise, in a nutshell, I'd still take Crosby. I'm not convinced Kuch can do what he does with minimal talent around him.

Obv Sid has had talent around him, but he makes no namers look great. Kuch played most of last season with either Stamkos or Point on the ice to work with. Sid has done it with Guentzel, Hornqvist, Sheary, Rust, and Kunitz to name a few over the past 4 seasons.

Reactions: Fixxer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Thought Sid was a shade older than 31, and Kucherov was younger than 26. I voted Penguins get the better deal but now i think i lean the other.

At least i can still strongly dislike both teams.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So 92% of Pens fans and 90% of Bolts fans think they got fleeced? lol..something has to give..

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Why? From their perspective, maybe Crosby makes more sense for Pittsburgh and Kucherov makes more sense for Tampa.
Yeah we have two 1c's already. What is stamkos going to do on the third line if even crosby on the first doesn't have any top-line quality wingers. People think tampa is super stacked with top line talent but that isn't true. We have three first line quality forwards, then MAYBE two first or second line quality wingers in Johnson and Gourde. We need wingers more than we need yet another center. I'd honestly consider a Kane or Ovi or Panarin over Crosby simply because of team need if I could add any one player to our current lineup.

I imagine its similar for the pens as if you take away crosby, you have malkin and what else? You might be able to make a killer top line with him and kuch but there would be no depth whatsoever

Reactions: Sojourn

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Fan of neither team....hater of neither team, all things considered, Tampa loses this one badly.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Over an 82 game pace, the difference in 5on5 points between Crosby and Kucherov is 6.

Kucherov was the best powerplay player last season, but not better than say McDavid.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Kuch is much younger but honestly the type of game Sid plays? He could be elite for another 5 years easily. He's never had any chronic physical issues so I wouldn't be shocked if he could last like Jagr did. With the way the game is trending I wouldn't expect his concussions to be as much of a risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad