Sick of Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Everyone knows Bickell isn't worth his contract. He is still playing decent and providing a much needed physical presence though. Keep posting stats all you want, but you are missing the big one, the one that leads the entire NHL per game this playoffs.

Tonight he was terrible. He looked particularly lazy and completely whiffed on a pretty good scoring op.

He needs to be dropped from the top 9. Useless hockey player right now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Tonight he was terrible. He looked particularly lazy and completely whiffed on a pretty good scoring op.

Disagree.

Only consistently visible member of that 2nd line, key figure on the 2nd Hawks goal.

I'm fine with rejiggering the 2nd line, simply because Kane has been so ineffective and invisible, but Bickell has been playing fine.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Absolute garbage from Bicks tonight. Looks like he doesn't have a care in the world out there, just floating lazy passes for easy turnovers.

He is hitting, I will give him that, but man they gotta get him off Kane's line. No wonder Kane's been such a black hole these two games. Get Sharp up with Richards/Vermette and Kane, let Bickell play with the other center and Teuvo. We can survive Teuvo not producing, we may not be able to survive Kane.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

coming from a guy that said Q is an idiot for not putting out TT on the PP. 30 Seconds later Shaw scored that headbutt Goal that was disallowed and the Hawks were able to score on the PP before....

Bickell wasn't useless. I counted 3 times that a hit from him helped us creating a scoring Chance. Could be more because I missed parts of the game.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Disagree.

Only consistently visible member of that 2nd line, key figure on the 2nd Hawks goal.

I'm fine with rejiggering the 2nd line, simply because Kane has been so ineffective and invisible, but Bickell has been playing fine.

That's an overstatement.

Did you watch him elsewhere? He killed nearly every transition opportunity that line had. He can't pass. He can't receive passes. In the defensive zone? He made Kane look like a wizard.

Richards was by far the best player on that line. You know how I know that? I don't remember a SINGLE thing he did. Tonight, for this team, that's a good thing.

Kane is a player that thrives in transition. Put players on that line that can do that and control the puck, like Saad. Bickell? He's only good at fanning on shots and coughing up the puck.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Absolute garbage from Bicks tonight. Looks like he doesn't have a care in the world out there, just floating lazy passes for easy turnovers.

He is hitting, I will give him that, but man they gotta get him off Kane's line. No wonder Kane's been such a black hole these two games. Get Sharp up with Richards/Vermette and Kane, let Bickell play with the other center and Teuvo. We can survive Teuvo not producing, we may not be able to survive Kane.

TT needs to get more playing time. Put him on the first line, Bickell to the 4th, and let someone play on their off wing. It's a way to give the players that deserve it more time, get TT the minutes he deserves, and get Kane someone better to player with. Putting Kane on the first line creates more lineup shuffling than my suggestion.

All I know is that Bickell can only do one thing. And that one thing isn't deserving enough of a top 9 position.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
That's an overstatement.

Did you watch him elsewhere? He killed nearly every transition opportunity that line had. He can't pass. He can't receive passes. In the defensive zone? He made Kane look like a wizard.

Richards was by far the best player on that line. You know how I know that? I don't remember a SINGLE thing he did. Tonight, for this team, that's a good thing.

Kane is a player that thrives in transition. Put players on that line that can do that and control the puck, like Saad. Bickell? He's only good at fanning on shots and coughing up the puck.

Kane thrives when he has a legitimate possession driver along side him or an unsustainably high shooting percentage (be it 15% during his run with Richards and Versteeg, or 24% with Bickell and Richards through the last round).

Putting Saad on that line does give him a possession driver, so it's worth trying at some point. Or we can cross our fingers and hope Kane heats up again.

But that would likely push Bickell upward to the top line in Saad's place, because the only forward that has spent the last 2 games floating more than Patrick Kane, is Patrick Sharp. So chances are he doesn't put Sharp on that top line to face tougher competition.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Kane is just scared of getting hit, its sad to think or say but every time someone comes close to him he throws away the puck and doesnt just stand up and take it like a man. I love Kane but seriously come on dude you are not made out of glass, take a hit or two its ok...

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Bickell was okay. Saad had a much more noticeable game.

I'm liking Teravainen in the playoffs, that's for sure, and as for Dejardins- what a great addition him and Darling will be for our cap next season, at a combined like 1.2 million!

Nothingman*

Kane is just scared of getting hit, its sad to think or say but every time someone comes close to him he throws away the puck and doesnt just stand up and take it like a man. I love Kane but seriously come on dude you are not made out of glass, take a hit or two its ok...

He never has been that way. He needs players to get open to distribute. it is not all on him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

He was fine, and far from lazy.
yes, he whiffed on a shot, he also almost got a goal that glanced off of Andersens shoulder. He also provided a key net front presence on the 2nd goal that was much needed. That's leaving out his big hits throughout a game that definitely helped wear the other team down. Deny it all you want.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He was fine, and far from lazy.
yes, he whiffed on a shot, he also almost got a goal that glanced off of Andersens shoulder. He also provided a key net front presence on the 2nd goal that was much needed. That's leaving out his big hits throughout a game that definitely helped wear the other team down. Deny it all you want.

100% true. Bickell is playing his role.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Potentially being benched on horizon in series possible

Would getting benched for Kris Versteeg be final nail in the "Playoff Beast" myth?

:biglaugh:

Bickell isn't getting scratched for Versteeg unless he's injured, which is possible I guess, since he headed to the locker-room for a stretch in game 1 of the Ducks series after a collision with Belesky.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
100% true. Bickell is playing his role.

bickell has been awful...loses every battle, turns the puck over every time he touches it, cant catch a pass for the life of him, and that whole lines been bad defensively

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
bickell has been awful...loses every battle, turns the puck over every time he touches it, cant catch a pass for the life of him, and that whole lines been bad defensively

Bickell can't pass for his life...yet he has 5 assists which isonly 1 back of the great passers-by Kane in the playoffs. ..
Bickell is bad defensively. ..yet he is tied for 2nd on our team in +/- with Kane at +5...He probably leads our team in hits...Cannot find that playoff stat...true he has not scored any goals these playoffs but still has more points and a much better +/- than #1 line LW and the next give him $5 mil player...Saad..who really has done very little these playoffs given his exalted position on line #1 with the "great" Toews and the "great" Hossa who have exceeded all expectations with their lofty stats (lol) these playoffs..

BTW
IF tolld you that Bickell is tied in plus/minus with the now exalted Tyler Johnson of Tampa Bay...well the net effect in ES play is startlingly EVEN ...Bickell of course is not featured as much in playing time or PPS so has less chance of scoring as Johnson or Toews or Hossa or Kane.

But of course he has zero goals so he should be benched for the difference-maker Versteeg who is higher risk to turnover machine it and is not going to hit as much and will probably take more stupid penalties..

BTW...Bickell should have scored a goal last game ...the puck was about to go in off him into the net but Hossa...he of only 2 goals in last 36 playoff games decides he will help the puck go 9n ..but instead swats it away from the goaline. ..yet the puck then rebounds off an ANH player and goes back into the net so Hossa is credited with a goal and Bickell only gets an assist
..Hossa was lucky it bounced back in...Bickell was unlucky that Hossa prevented his getting credit for his first goal of the playoffs
.But goals are pour g in for Toews and Hossa and Saad (lol) so they should not get benched even if as a #1 line their offense is laughable as a line..Nope cannot bench those big producers even if some of them deserve to be..
AND OF course it is Bickell's fault that Kane is MIA the first 2 games against ANH..

I mean everything wrong with the Hawks is Bickell's fault according to the sick of Bickell crowd...but their heroes are so great that they are putting in Hall Of Fame playoff numbers. ..yeah sure..

I think Bickell could play better and score some goals..but so too could plenty others who have not exactly been lighting it up much...But the dump on Bickell crowd will not allow any call outs of the others who could /should also be better....especially those paid more than Bickell or those aspiring to get paid more than him

BUT BICKELL was so productive offensively in the 2 prior playoff seasons compared to this one that it seems like his fail is huge this time around..but so is Saad's decline and Hossa has not had good playoffs for several years now.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Those getting on BB are utterly clueless. Where's the ire directed at the five-million-dollar Sharp, who's all but invisible, except for his lazy penalty that gave the Ducks a powerplay in game 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad