GDT: Should we have a GDT? Kings host Flames. 8pm MT

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Terrible situation for the player and team. Especially with all the rhetoric to start the year about this season being a reset, and THIS is the result?

Going to be a very painful going forward. Can’t imagine it rubs well for anyone.

Hes been okay this season? Doesn’t really matter since the team all around has fallen off, so even if he was better we probably aren’t a contender anyways. And I mean there’s mostly upward room from what was a disaster 2022-23 season. Otherwise his stats speak for themselves, 904sv% and 2.75GAA, and that’s about what he’s provided for the duration of his contract. If you had told ppl at the start of that deal he was going to give us 904 goaltending through it the first 4 seasons of the contract, I think the response would’ve been mild disappointment.
That's fair.

As I said, with goalies playing a minimum of 20+ games, Markstrom would rank 13-15th in sv% (stats went down this game). Without the 20 minimum games requirement, he's 31st in sv%

Digging in a bit deeper, he ranks 17th in high danger unblocked shot attempt sv%.

10th in medium danger unblocked shot attempt sv%

39th in low danger unblocked shot attempt sv%..

All those stats with goalies that have played at least 10 games

Which again, corresponds with what I see. He's making a lot of big stops. Personally? I think he's a bit better than his current sv% would indicate, and I've been saying that since the start of the season when at one point his sv% was below .900.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Just so much wrong with this post. From the patronizing point about how fans should cheer for a team to just blatant lies.

Yes, fans are going to be more excited and patient for young talent that is the future of our team than mediocrity that has taken us nowhere. That does not mean ppl haven’t been positive about the veteran talent that has earned their pay and then some. It’s funny you mention one of our mvps as Nazem Kadri, a player who’s fortunes turned around at the callup of Connor Zary. The single most exciting forward on our team by a mile. He’s one of the few guys on the team who can cleanly carry the puck in on a pp.

Nobody has been gleeful seeing huberdeau in this situation, I think everyone agrees it’s a sad disaster. If anything, his situation has afforded far more rope than most fans would’ve given other players, but we’re talking 11 games without a point and over 100 games of mediocre play. Patience is running out, and rightfully so.

I’ll never understand why people on a discussion board make it about the positivity and negativity of posters rather than focus on the team that everyone here cheers for.
Proved my point entirely, deflected off of Kadri’s play to point out Zary (who has been fantastic). Then bashes Huberdeau for an entire paragraph to answer a post not even slightly about that.

It’s not about positivity and negativity, it’s about posters who only post positively about some and negatively about others, often regardless of play. Don’t think I’d have to go through your post history to confidently say you’ve never said an ill word about Zary, Pospisil, Wolf and co., yet never give any credit to Markstrom, Kadri, Huberdeau etc. Can tell every game Hanifin struggles, because that’s the only time you’ll see his name from other posters. Lindholm is starting to get his name dragged through the mud, and the least amount I’ve seen his name mentioned was after his three point night against Anaheim. Usually it’s posters just waiting for an excuse to jump on them, as shown by people complaining about Markstrom last game despite being the reason the game was close. If they play well it’s just crickets.

Like it has to be tiresome just waiting for excuses to be negative, regardless of how often or not they appear.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Proved my point entirely, deflected off of Kadri’s play to point out Zary (who has been fantastic). Then bashes Huberdeau for an entire paragraph to answer a post not even slightly about that.

It’s not about positivity and negativity, it’s about posters who only post positively about some and negatively about others, often regardless of play. Don’t think I’d have to go through your post history to confidently say you’ve never said an ill word about Zary, Pospisil, Wolf and co., yet never give any credit to Markstrom, Kadri, Huberdeau etc. Can tell every game Hanifin struggles, because that’s the only time you’ll see his name from other posters. Lindholm is starting to get his name dragged through the mud, and the least amount I’ve seen his name mentioned was after his three point night against Anaheim. Usually it’s posters just waiting for an excuse to jump on them, as shown by people complaining about Markstrom last game despite being the reason the game was close. If they play well it’s just crickets.

Like it has to be tiresome just waiting for excuses to be negative, regardless of how often or not they appear.
Control freak esk stuff here. As for the bolded, I’ve said positive things about those 3 when they’ve earned it. Hell, this was Thursday’s game:

“Marky solid the last 2 games.

Hope it’s the start of him turning it around. We need better from him, and this is what the flames are paying for.”

It’s just a case of seeing what you want to see. Can’t help you with that. But either you can be your own poster and let others do the same… or figure out which posters have their favourites and let it bother you. Ik which one I’d do (because Ive let it happen to on occasion too)

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, there exists a couple examples of posters who seemingly never say anything positive about anyone.. but super6646 isn't one of them. Don't agree with him all the time but he wants the best for the team. The ppl I'm thinking of are obvious trolls but there's no need naming anyone.

Reactions: joescores

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Man had 2 good games and he’s back lmao. Heard that at least 7 times last year.

If someone takes that contract and gives anything make that move and run.

Control freak esk stuff here. As for the bolded, I’ve said positive things about those 3 when they’ve earned it. Hell, this was Thursday’s game:

“Marky solid the last 2 games.

Hope it’s the start of him turning it around. We need better from him, and this is what the flames are paying for.”

It’s just a case of seeing what you want to see. Can’t help you with that. But either you can be your own poster and let others do the same… or figure out which posters have their favourites and let it bother you. Ik which one I’d do (because Ive let it happen to on occasion too)
Sorry your positive post is “we need better from him”, which you couldn’t last two days without walking back on? Despite him playing great all season? It’s just the general hypocrisy that baffles me. If it was Wolf’s name on the back of the jersey the mood of the comments would’ve been wildly different. Nothing wrong with calling out players who deserve it, just ask yourself if you’re calling out the player because of who it is, because lots of posters have themes to say the least. For example, any other Flame that you’d rush to post a main board thread on about their struggles other than Huberdeau?

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sorry your positive post is “we need better from him”, which you couldn’t last two days without walking back on? Despite him playing great all season? It’s just the general hypocrisy that baffles me. If it was Wolf’s name on the back of the jersey the mood of the comments would’ve been wildly different. Nothing wrong with calling out players who deserve it, just ask yourself if you’re calling out the player because of who it is, because lots of posters have themes to say the least. For example, any other Flame that you’d rush to post a main board thread on about their struggles other than Huberdeau?
Where did I walk back on that? I’ve said he was okay this season. Not great, not terrible, not a difference maker either way and not a player who is costing this team unlike last season. That doesn’t change the fact I hope we could still see flashes of the 21-22 markstrom lol. For 6m bucks I’d expect closer to that than mediocrity.

When Kadri had his terrible slump, culminating in that shitshow of a game against Chicago, I called him out. But then it’s another vet I dare spoke out against lol. I also mentioned Weegar’s solid play too, but I can’t win when you can handwave that as “playing favourites.” And as for huberdeau, you don’t think an under half a ppg player paid like a superstar isn’t main board worthy? It’s absolutely unprecedented in the cap era.

Reactions: joescores

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Which again, corresponds with what I see. He's making a lot of big stops. Personally? I think he's a bit better than his current sv% would indicate, and I've been saying that since the start of the season when at one point his sv% was below .900.
This is tough. We all want to say he's better than his current sv% and GAA is currently. But if you look at the league average, GAA is the highest it's been in over a decade, and sv% is amongst the worst in that same period. There's just a lot more scoring going on, and the fact that he's still better than league average on both speaks well for him.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Usually it’s posters just waiting for an excuse to jump on them, as shown by people complaining about Markstrom last game despite being the reason the game was close. If they play well it’s just crickets.
That's going to happen with a small user base.

When appropriately posed, dissenting or even outright negative opinions are still welcome here.

I choose to follow the teachings of the dude.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad