News Article: Should the Blackhawks drop the emblamatic Indianhead due to the times we are living in?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This one was designed by a native american artist and frankly, I think its cool as hell.

Even if they dont change the logo, Id buy one if they used this as an alternate 3rd or something.

upload_2020-6-27_21-10-22.jpeg

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Can’t believe people are actually thinking of changing the logo. This cancel culture is absolutely ridiculous. I feel bad for any of you that have kids that have to grow up in this bullshit. Stop being such p***yes already.

It‘s not about being a p***y, its about bothering to consider other peoples feelings. If its decided its not a problem, then great. But its absolutely a discussion worth havin in good faith.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
It‘s not about being a p***y, its about bothering to consider other peoples feelings. If its decided its not a problem, then great. But its absolutely a discussion worth havin in good faith.

Bothered? The real question. Seriously someone is bothered by this? You have a lot of time on your hands if this is a major concern.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Bothered? The real question. Seriously someone is bothered by this? You have a lot of time on your hands if this is a major concern.

Everything you're saying about people being "bothered" and "having a lot of time on their hands.." can be said about you. You're literally on a hockey message board calling people p***yes over a logo change.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
DO Native Americans / indigenous people have an issue with it?

Cause there was a poll done on the Red Skins name a few years back and over 60% didn't find it offensive. SO I don't see how the Hawks logo would be either.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
DO Native Americans / indigenous people have an issue with it?

Cause there was a poll done on the Red Skins name a few years back and over 60% didn't find it offensive. SO I don't see how the Hawks logo would be either.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04/native-mascots-survey/

"Eason and Fryberg’s study is estimated to be the most large-scale investigation to date of the relationship between Native American identity and attitudes towards Native mascots."

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Everything you're saying about people being "bothered" and "having a lot of time on their hands.." can be said about you. You're literally on a hockey message board calling people p***yes over a logo change.

maybe you are? There might be 2 people ready to accept a logo change on this board. It’s you and @JaegerDice No one else will admit it though.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

This really escapes me. Feelings? Grow up.

I’m sure I’ll be viewed as some type of asshole but this is getting ridiculous at this point.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

It’s a logo that’s been a mostly unchanged symbol of an iconic sports team going back to 1926. If it doesn’t mean anything to you then fine, but belittling the importance and appreciation fans have had for it over generations isn’t a cogent argument.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
It’s a logo that’s been a mostly unchanged symbol of an iconic sports team going back to 1926. If it doesn’t mean anything to you then fine, but belittling the importance and appreciation fans have had for it over generations isn’t a cogent argument.

Nah I’m going to burn all my jerseys to the ground because a few people find it offensive. Thousand bucks down the drain.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
This one I posted earlier is similar but looks more like a sports team logo. I like the alternate too.
chicago_blackhawks_bar_down.png
chicago_blackhawks_bar_down2.png

Yeah, it would be easier to identify the cleaner lines and block colors of those when you watch them in motion and from the stands.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
maybe you are? There might be 2 people ready to accept a logo change on this board. It’s you and @JaegerDice No one else will admit it though.

Ah yes, because "everyone on a niche internet message board agrees with me" is clearly how one should figure out what's right and wrong. Can't think of any counterexamples to that logic, it's sound!

Sorry, but I'll side with people not wanting a caricature of their people as a logo over sports fans all in their feelings over a logo change any day of the week. There's people on here belittling the feelings of Native Americans who take issue with a caricature of their people being used by a sports team, so sorry, I have no sympathy for people who are so distraught that they may have to look at a different logo while watching a sports game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad