News Article: Should the Blackhawks drop the emblamatic Indianhead due to the times we are living in?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We've been over this a hundred times on here before. The name Blackhawks, for one, is a military reference. The logo is not a racist depiction or anything of that nature. No one has ever considered it offensive, Natives included. Leave it as is.
That's not true. It seems like it's a 50/50 split. Did you read the article? There were definitely some who find it offensive.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's not true. It seems like it's a 50/50 split. Did you read the article? There were definitely some who find it offensive.

No, because I cancelled my Athletic subscription a long time ago. I highly, highly doubt it's anywhere near 50/50.

There has really never been a single, large, Native objection to the name and logo afaik. The only people who ever bitch about it are "woke" white people. And I don't give a rat's ass what they think. Lol.

Protests rare over Blackhawks' name, logo

Last edited:

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
upload_2020-6-27_16-32-0.png

Not a bad mock up

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
If there was a sports team called the "Berlin Maccabees" and their logo had a "respectful" Jewish caricature with a yarmulke I think it'd be pretty clear they should change it. It's essentially the same situation (using logos/references/etc of people who that country/peoples committed genocide against), so I don't see why we wouldn't just change it.

Like honestly, why not just change a logo that understandably makes people uncomfortable. I think it's a pretty easy rule to just not have native american iconography on sports teams unless they're native owned. Just change it, make some people happy that they don't have to see a caricature of their people on a sports team that has mainly white fans, and move on with life.

Reactions: AzHawk

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If there was a sports team called the "Berlin Maccabees" and their logo had a "respectful" Jewish caricature with a yarmulke I think it'd be pretty clear they should change it. It's essentially the same situation (using logos/references/etc of people who that country/peoples committed genocide against), so I don't see why we wouldn't just change it.

Like honestly, why not just change a logo that understandably makes people uncomfortable. I think it's a pretty easy rule to just not have native american iconography on sports teams unless they're native owned. Just change it, make some people happy that they don't have to see a caricature of their people on a sports team that has mainly white fans, and move on with life.

Swing and a miss

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Special kind of soft if the Blackhawks logo offends you. Check your priorities.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Better off with either a black bird head with the feathers or the feathers alone.

The tomahawk logo is a great arm patch but not good enough to be the main logo.

I like this logo I found online. I think minus the war paint and feathers it could be a ok logo
upload_2020-6-27_23-45-37.jpeg

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Can’t believe people are actually thinking of changing the logo. This cancel culture is absolutely ridiculous. I feel bad for any of you that have kids that have to grow up in this bullshit. Stop being such p***yes already.

Reactions: Fire Stan Bowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad