News Article: Should the Blackhawks drop the emblamatic Indianhead due to the times we are living in?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Some want the clearly racist cartoon picture gone, some hate there's a slur or misapplied historically name

Clearly racist? How can you be a fan of a team and support them if they have a clearly racist logo?

You don’t even believe what you’re saying. Can’t expect anyone else to take this crap seriously either.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Is that a problem? I seen talking about this for around 5 years going back to some other boards, people always being up this notion that its new or why wasn't it an issue in the past? It was, you just weren't hearing those voices.

There have been organized movements since the 1960s. The link to one I posted a couple pages back about their fight against the Redskins and info about how their stances are on other teams like the Chiefs.

You can disagree with their reasoning or think its fine its sitll a minority opinion. But its better to know these views have existed awhile being their visibility is what they care about too.

Yes. I couldn't give a f*** if a small percentage of a small group of people is offended by something.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Clearly racist? How can you be a fan of a team and support them if they have a clearly racist logo?

You don’t even believe what you’re saying. Can’t expect anyone else to take this crap seriously either.
If you can't understand I was showing a range of issues and that was talking about Clevelands old logo.

Beyond that I don't get to that point some people get where they become defensive about these things. We are not the logo or team or anything of that sort.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you can't understand I was showing a range of issues and that was talking about Clevelands old logo.

Beyond that I don't get to that point some people get where they become defensive about these things. We are not the logo or team or anything of that sort.

Really? Sounded like you were talking about the Blackhawks to me. People are defensive because they don’t agree with the premises being discussed. It’s not some childish attachment to a sports team.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Really? Sounded like you were talking about the Blackhawks to me. People are defensive because they don’t agree with the premises being discussed. It’s not some childish attachment to a sports team.

Being defensive doesn’t stop other people from having the conversation without you. The Hawks organization would be best served by continuously telling the story of its logo, and separating it from those of the Indians and Redskins.

Failure to do so will only help build momentum for the opposing side and increase the likelihood of a change, imo.

Reactions: featherhawk

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Then read it again. The part of that sentence says some what a slur name gone... what slur is connected to the Blackhawks? Or misapplied name? Again, its building up the difference of complaint between Indians logo, Redskins name, and the Indians name.

The premises of why they are wanted to be changed are different from those.

But most people defensive reactions don't want to see its not just a matter of being "offensive." Anytime i see that term brought up it just repeatedly seems to be a person who does not care to discover "why" it isn't liked. They aren't disagreeing with the premises, they're confused and not understanding the different premise being applied.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Lol. So much stupid in this thread.

Bernstein is a clown btw. He shouldn't even be on sports radio in this town. He's a f***ing disgrace.

That may be true, but the fact is he is on the radio and he has an audience in the third largest media market in the U.S.

Him saying stuff like he does has an impact.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That may be true, but the fact is he is on the radio and he has an audience in the third largest media market in the U.S.

Him saying stuff like he does has an impact.

Minimal. Only fools take him seriously. The guy is a blowhard with a soapbox. Nothing more.

Stop panicking

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Minimal. Only fools take him seriously. The guy is a blowhard with a soapbox. Nothing more.

Stop panicking

Im not panicking, why do you keep pretending like I am?

I’m saying this is an issue that the franchise needs to do a better job with and not just expect it to blow over.

When you have people in your own city spouting off and not even coming close to telling the story of the logo, and not making any differentiation between it and the Indians and Redskins, that’s not good.

The Hawks have a different story to tell, they’re not telling it. Instead, they’re letting people like Bernstein and Telander run away with the narrative. You’re also seeing it in the Sports Net article I shared, the Hawks logo lumped in with the Indians logo without any explanation of a difference.

The train is beginning to move down the tracks is all I’m saying. Danny’s comments today won’t reverse that train. The franchise needs to be more aggressive and open in sharing its story, and that’s not just a page on the website or a few social media posts.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Pretty sure The Score has like 8 listeners these days.

Haha, I’d be curious to see.

I’m assuming since he has survived multiple rounds of layoffs that he actually pulls listeners.

I did like Boers and Bernstein, but really haven’t listened much to Bernstein since Boers left — except when I see them promo upcoming Hawks content.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Haha, I’d be curious to see.

I’m assuming since he has survived multiple rounds of layoffs that he actually pulls listeners.

I did like Boers and Bernstein, but really haven’t listened much to Bernstein since Boers left — except when I see them promo upcoming Hawks content.

Bernstein has always been a condescending piece of shit who thinks he knows more than he does. The Score is consistently rated terribly. Not sure how they haven't cut the station out completely yet.

Nielsen Audio Ratings

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bernstein has always been a condescending piece of shit who thinks he knows more than he does. The Score is consistently rated terribly. Not sure how they haven't cut the station out completely yet.

Nielsen Audio Ratings

Based on these ratings, the Score seems to have about triple the audience that ESPN 1000 has.

You can’t really compare the sports formats to the non sports formats, but head to head the Score seems dominant here among Chicago sports radio.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Based on these ratings, the Score seems to have about triple the audience that ESPN 1000 has.

You can’t really compare the sports formats to the non sports formats, but head to head the Score seems dominant here among Chicago sports radio.

They're the lowest rated station for that entire ownership group. They're rated lower than WBBM, which is 780am and 105.9fm. They're f***ing terrible. The fact that they beat ESPN radio is more a testament to how bad ESPN radio is than how good The Score is.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They're the lowest rated station for that entire ownership group. They're rated lower than WBBM, which is 780am and 105.9fm. They're f***ing terrible. The fact that they beat ESPN radio is more a testament to how bad ESPN radio is than how good The Score is.

I get that, definitely lowest rated in the ownership group. But still, the highest rated Chicago sports station by far. They do have an audience, a 3.2 rating in the Chicago market is like 253,000 people.

According to this, ESPN 1000 has like 71,000 listeners.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I get that, definitely lowest rated in the ownership group. But still, the highest rated Chicago sports station by far. They do have an audience, a 3.2 rating in the Chicago market is like 253,000 people.

I never said they didn't but most their audience is the boomer-aged dumbasses that still think Ditka was a good coach. :laugh:

There's a reason that anyone worth a damn has moved on from The Score to far bigger and better things. And why mooseknuckles like Bernstein are still there. It's trash. Again, them being the highest rated Chicago sports station is a testament to how shitty the sports coverage in this city is, and has always been.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I never said they didn't but most their audience is the boomer-aged dumbasses that still think Ditka was a good coach. :laugh:

There's a reason that anyone worth a damn has moved on from The Score to far bigger and better things. And why mooseknuckles like Bernstein are still there. It's trash. Again, them being the highest rated Chicago sports station is a testament to how shitty the sports coverage in this city is, and has always been.

Ya, I get that. I was just saying the stuff that Bernstein spouts actually reaches a fairly significant number of people. That’s the only thing that could matter to the Hawks.

But if it all falls on deaf ears that will have no reaction, I guess it isn’t a huge deal.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ya, I get that. I was just saying the stuff that Bernstein spouts actually reaches a fairly significant number of people. That’s the only thing that could matter to the Hawks.

But if it all falls on deaf ears that will have no reaction, I guess it isn’t a huge deal.

It will, because The Score has no Hawks show in any way whatsoever, and rarely covered hockey during the best of the Hawks run, let alone before that, or post-dynasty. The Score has always been almost entirely football convo, with some baseball, and a little basketball mixed in.

Reactions: Pez68

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It’s funny that Bernstein now wants to talk about the hawks. Zawaski is his friggin producer and they don’t have a regular hockey segment at all.

For real. Clown was perfectly fine talking for hours about the 2-14 Bears and what Cutler had for breakfast hell he could even talk about the mediocre Sox during the peak of the Hawks dynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad