Should Dubas be fired???

Who is/was the issue?

• Total voters

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
A rookie gm and a rookie coach... recipe for disaster.

I think Dubas allowed the training wheels to come off much to quickly. Shanahan should have hired an experienced associate gm to work with him.

I really think Dubas is a smart guy, but i think he is making lots of rookie mistakes that couldve been avoided with a mentor.

I think Keefe was Dubas biggest mistake... the adrenalin of Babs leaving has worn off, the unexpected systems are now expected by opponents and they can prepare accordingly....and the leafs mostly look downright unprepared and outmatched.

Thought it was very interesting that Ken Holland said the first thing he was gonna do when he was hired as the coach of edmonton was go out and get a "experienced coach". This is a man with a lot of experience in the game.... he wasnt out looking for the next new young exciting coach, he wasnt even going to consider that guy. He was focused entirely on experience.

Last edited:

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
The GM is responsible for the parts. Why they play less than their sum is convoluted :teach:

Any idiot can point up the command chain, but if you're interested in why things happen and how they should be fixed the answer is more complicated than sorting the organization by job title.
Imagine attempting to make up an excuse for this lol

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He shouldn't be, or it would be a panic move.
Then again it would be perfect for this pathetic organization.

Reactions: MJK

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
upload_2020-2-22_21-44-12.jpeg

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It's interesting, there's not much I disagree with acquisition wise, but the effort level and compete isn't there. Even with guys who "work" hard.

Do you rip the heart out of the team and move Marner/Matthews? Was this what they meant when they said you couldn't rebuild in Toronto?

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
everyone should be fired and traded off this pathetic excuse for a team. For personal health reasons I gotta take a break from this shite

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Too many embarrassing performances this season.

Someone needs to be accountable for this.

Pittsburgh before firing
Chicago prior to all-star break
Florida prior to all-star break
Buffalo last Sunday
Pittsburgh on Tuesday
Tonight vs Carolina​

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
That the person who is ultimately accountable for this team isn't actually at fault
What a joke lol

He's responsible for assembling the team. I think the majority of people here would agree that they look one way on paper and another on the ice. So the question is, why? That's not an excuse, that's the question at the heart of the problem. What specific to this core of players leads them to perform so apathetically so goddamn always, across coaches, systems, goalies, and management? The answer to that question is the answer to where fault needs to lie.

If you want to jack off your rage boner in public that's all well and fine but don't act like "fIRe eVErYoNE" is an intelligent opinion and everyone who deigns to disagree is biased if you can't answer the question above. Have some humility.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad