Should Dubas be fired???

Who is/was the issue?

• Total voters

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
A quixotic crusade. Good luck.

Not really. There’s more than a few members who don’t tire of pointing out the all too real and painfully obvious inconsistencies amongst the club’s constant detractors.

Felt like a little quixotic last season on the Hurricanes’ boards regarding Nylander’s value going forward.

But as this season continues to justify the gesture - in keeping - it feels a little more Gandalf the White exorcising Theoden than it does Don Quixote.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Not really. There’s more than a few members who don’t tire of pointing out the all too real and painfully obvious inconsistencies amongst the club’s constant detractors.

Felt like a little quixotic last season on the Hurricanes’ boards regarding Nylander’s value going forward.

But as this season continues to justify the gesture - in keeping - it feels a little more Gandalf the White exorcising Theoden than it does Don Quixote.
Trying to convert everyone to the same thinking is quixotic & futile from my pov, and not worth the effort. To each his own though. Good luck.

No idea what you're talking about re: Hurricanes/Nylander, but since I've been here (not that long), I see a few posters thinking they could entice Carolina to move Pesce by offering AJ (or Kapanen even). I can see why the Canes would not be interested in that.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Trying to convert everyone to the same thinking is quixotic & futile from my pov, and not worth the effort. To each his own though. Good luck.

No idea what you're talking about re: Hurricanes/Nylander, but since I've been here (not that long), I see a few posters thinking they could entice Carolina to move Pesce by offering AJ (or Kapanen even). I can see why the Canes would not be interested in that.

Not having an idea of what I’m referring to doesn’t remove its validity.

I’m not trying to convert anyone. Don’t believe I can. If some find my opinion persuasive then the more the merrier. If not, more’s the pity. But I wouldn’t have thought a contrary opinion (with explanation) to an opinion so flawed as the one addressed would be characterized so negatively and...taxing?

It’s not taxing in the least. And I’m hardly the only member who takes the odd stab at clarification here.

On Nylander...No, my participation was focused on Nylander’s value as deformed by many on the Canes boards during the contract negotiations. Less than Pesce and Slavin in some instances by a great margin. Disagreed. Nylander’s return to projected form is an anticipated justification.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Im not so sure all these heavy decisions occur from a Shit Show like Saturday.

Dubas has no doubt got himself in trouble for his comments yesterday, but the truth is Kyle has no assets or cap room.

Dubas has no assets? :huh:

He has too many second line wingers... are those not assets?

JB Maple Leafs

Aug 31, 2005
Barrie
I don't think dubas should be fired, yet. He's shown to be capable of finding low cost plugs for the lineup, who knows how this team would look with a healthy season together. His draft pedigree has shown to be pretty good (sda, Robertson, Sandin), his contract negotiations haven't been good but give the guy more than a year and a half with a sub-25 core (for the most part). Christ, we could do alot worse. We're quick to forget jfj, burke, and nonis. We'd cheer for those teams trying to claw to the playoffs. Another 2 yrs is enough to determine his true impact on the team.
Well Said....Agreed!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The hordes are a funny group.
They complained incessantly about Babcock comments and now turn around and praise Keefe for saying the same things. :huh:
Keefe isn't saying the same things, and if he was nobody would praise him for saying steady on the rudder and let's dig in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad