Should Andersen be dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If the return is McDavid, why not?

For real, pls name all the goalies who are better than Andersen, from that list, choose the ones who is available by trade. I have done that and I could not find anyone.

I can see someone posting about trading Jake or Willie or Kadri or even TommyLil, but to suggest Andersen, like come on.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Reimer wasn't good enough to beat Boston, so they brought in Bernier. Bernier wasn't good enough to get into the playoffs, so they brought in Andersen. Andersen wasn't good enough to beat Boston, so they should bring in......Reimer!!!

If you plan to bring in Price and his monster salary, then who should the Leafs not sign? Marner?? Matthews?

I doubt Holtby is about to be traded, especially with Grubauer being a free agent. Speaking of Grubauer, he started the playoffs for Washington due to Holtby playing so poor at the end of the season.

As far as Andersen goes, may I remind you of games 5 and 6 when he stood on his head to give the Leafs a chance to even play a game 7?
Game 5 - 42 saves on 45 shots against.
The Leafs are outshot at over a 2:1 ratio in this game, but The Great Dane stood tall.
Game 6 - 32 saves on 33 shots against.
The Leafs live to fight another day.

Yes, in the 3rd period of game 7 he let in at least 1 goal that should have been stopped. But trading the player that was the Team's MVP all season long, over a couple soft goals does not seem like a good idea.

Reactions: NCoRe

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
LOL You want to acquire Price? He makes more than DOUBLE Feeddy's cap hit and was worse last season. He is 31 and has 8 years left at 10 million per.
There is no one available who is better.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Andersen should not be dealt.
He's provided us the most stability we've had in years.
It's the holes we have around him that need to be addressed.
Don't add another.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I question the eyeballs of people who think that Freddy was the only thing wrong in that series.

Nevermind that our offense didnt show up

Nevermind that Kadri went crazy eyes and got himself suspended for half the series

Nevermind that Ron Hainsey and Roman Polak make up half our top 4

But ya, all the goalies fault
this post makes too much sense so it cant be right.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The Hawks won a cup with Anti Niemi. We can contend with Freddy.

And our reward for being the #4 team in the conference was getting to play the #2 team and Stanley Cup contender. Its not like we got beat by the 8th seed, we got beat by a serious contender for the Cup

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
And our reward for being the #4 team in the conference was getting to play the #2 team and Stanley Cup contender. Its not like we got beat by the 8th seed, we got beat by a serious contender for the Cup
Yup. And really will it be every year that the majority of our core plays poorly? We took them to game 7.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Just looking at Andersen's performance, I agree that it was very disappointing. Definitely a small step back, in terms of his skill and career progression. I had been looking forward to the the 2nd round, because in my head I thought he had an "A" performance in him for this series.

That being said, because of his youth and inexperience, it cannot be said that this is what he is. He still has room to grow and learn, and perhaps this is just a stepping stone, a learning moment, until he moves on to greater things.

Be patient, young Jedi.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If we could get a sweet deal centred around a first round pick or good prospect, you would have to consider it. I wouldn't mind seeing what Sparks can do. It would be unfortunate to have to lose Sparks and Pickard.

We wouldn't consider it. This is HF prospect fetishism and has no basis in reality. This post is neck and neck with the OP for silly post of the thread.

We are not the old Detroit Red Wings who were a goalie away from the cup. We're a young team on the rise learning to win, he's part of that. If in another couple years he proves he cannot play in the playoffs then this becomes a reasonable conversation.

Let's put a contender class blueline in front of him, have our forward group seasoned and then see how he does. Until then this is a panic move and I highly doubt management is thinking about Andersen at all right now.

Gardiner with 1 year left on his deal might be another story.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
This is insane. He won game 6 for us with some amazing saves... it was a big game just like game 7. One night he was on and one night he was not... doesn’t mean we should trade him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I question the eyeballs of people who think that Freddy was the only thing wrong in that series.

Nevermind that our offense didnt show up

Nevermind that Kadri went crazy eyes and got himself suspended for half the series

Nevermind that Ron Hainsey and Roman Polak make up half our top 4

But ya, all the goalies fault
how did our offense not show up? in game one the entire team sucked, but then they got 19 goals in the last 6 games. Our defense was bad, but Andersen shares a large portion of the blame. Certainly more than the offense

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
This is why the Leafs can't have nice things.....

1 bad series and your out the door in some people's mind...
well to be fair, Reimer got run out of town for his playoffs against Boston, and that was a much better performance than Andersen's. Not that I want to give up on Andersen now, but he's on pretty thin ice to me if he can't have a good playoff series

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
well to be fair, Reimer got run out of town for his playoffs against Boston, and that was a much better performance than Andersen's. Not that I want to give up on Andersen now, but he's on pretty thin ice to me if he can't have a good playoff series
It is true but the big difference is the Leafs broke records this year with Anderson in net.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
For what it's worth, the goaltending throughout the playoffs in general hasn't been great this year with only a couple of exceptions.

Freddy is way too good to contemplate trading at this time.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Reimer wasn't good enough to beat Boston, so they brought in Bernier. Bernier wasn't good enough to get into the playoffs, so they brought in Andersen. Andersen wasn't good enough to beat Boston, so they should bring in......Reimer!!!

If you plan to bring in Price and his monster salary, then who should the Leafs not sign? Marner?? Matthews?

I doubt Holtby is about to be traded, especially with Grubauer being a free agent. Speaking of Grubauer, he started the playoffs for Washington due to Holtby playing so poor at the end of the season.

As far as Andersen goes, may I remind you of games 5 and 6 when he stood on his head to give the Leafs a chance to even play a game 7?
Game 5 - 42 saves on 45 shots against.
The Leafs are outshot at over a 2:1 ratio in this game, but The Great Dane stood tall.
Game 6 - 32 saves on 33 shots against.
The Leafs live to fight another day.

Yes, in the 3rd period of game 7 he let in at least 1 goal that should have been stopped. But trading the player that was the Team's MVP all season long, over a couple soft goals does not seem like a good idea.
They need to trade for dell because he's a backup of a California team

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
We would have faced Pittsburgh in round 1 if the old formation was being used. Not really a great solution.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Is this one of those 'school's out wonder what I should post on HFboards' threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad