Should Andersen be dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontPanik

Jul 3, 2015
Martin, Slovakia
As most of us can agree, Anderson’s performance in the playoffs was Very Disappointing. With 3 years remaining on his contract and an inability to make big saves while under pressure, a trade might be a consideration as a way to get this liability of our team. We can take these Preventive Measures in case he struggles once again and deteriorates his trade value.

Some possible options could be Price, Talbot, Holtby, and Jones. These are all goalies that have proven themselves in the playoffs and are able to make key saves when it matters the most. The Leafs also have assets that could be added to the trade in order to land one of these Beasts. Mike Babcock also liked James Reimer so that could be a consideration as a Reclamation Project.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
As most of us can agree, Anderson’s performance in the playoffs was Very Disappointing. With 3 years remaining on his contract and an inability to make big saves while under pressure, a trade might be a consideration as a way to get this liability of our team. We can take these Preventive Measures in case he struggles once again and deteriorates his trade value.

Some possible options could be Price, Talbot, Holtby, and Jones. These are all goalies that have proven themselves in the playoffs and are able to make key saves when it matters the most. The Leafs also have assets that could be added to the trade in order to land one of these Beasts. Mike Babcock also liked James Reimer so that could be a consideration as a Reclamation Project.

okay.
what makes you think
Montreal
Washington
and San Jose

are going to give up those goaltenders?

You want to trade Andersen - who played relatively well all season and had a tough playoff (as well as others) but you want to trade for Talbot....who played really poorly all season and was a reason why Edmonton was where they were?

And I am not even going to indulge you with the Reimer thing.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
If we could get a sweet deal centred around a first round pick or good prospect, you would have to consider it. I wouldn't mind seeing what Sparks can do. It would be unfortunate to have to lose Sparks and Pickard.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Doesn't "need to be" moved, but should be available if a move makes sense (like everyone else in the roster).

Other goalies you mention make little to no sense aside from Talbot.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
This is going to be one long off season.

Yea, let's trade our MVP this season over a couple of soft goals.

What's that you say? Matthews is our MVP?
Well if we're making decisions based on one series.......guess we should trade him.

And Kadri? Well he made a bad decision, so.........

smh Trade Andersen lol

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
i'm sure Philly would be more than happy taking him

typical thread from a poster with 60 posts in almost 3 years

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I think it would be better if fake fans could be traded or buried on an island Lou Lam likes.:thumbd:

Maybe you should take heed of your forum handle.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No you don't trade away a top 10 goalie b/c he and his entire team in front of him struggled vs a good team in a seven game series.

Come on....

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
I think Andersen is a goalie you could win with, but I've seen a lot of goalies come and go and he's never shown me anything to suggest he's a big game player. The Leafs will have to have some sort of crazy offence and a much, much better defence if they hope to win it all with Andersen goal - I just don't see Freddy stealing us a series (based on history). I hope he surprises me, but I'm not holding my breath.
At risk of setting myself up for ridicule, I'd share your sentiment - though trading for Price isn't the way to go. I'd rather see an honest competition at camp for the starter role between Andersen and Sparks or an agreement to platoon until a clear winner emerges, but Babcock won't do that.

Reactions: ToMaLe

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
If you could move him for the right piece, sure.

The trouble is, who's going to play in net? Andersen has yet to prove himself in the playoffs, which is where an elite goalie needs to make his mark. Until he does that, to me he's very moveable. But again, if you don't have a plan B to pivot to, then it could be suicide. Unless we're trying to tank some more.

Reactions: ToMaLe

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
If you could move him for the right piece, sure.

The trouble is, who's going to play in net? Andersen has yet to prove himself in the playoffs, which is where an elite goalie needs to make his mark. Until he does that, to me he's very moveable. But again, if you don't have a plan B to pivot to, then it could be suicide. Unless we're trying to tank some more.
more or less this.....he is far from untouchable. too inconsistant.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Can we trade Nylander and Matthews too? They both were pretty disappointing too.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
more or less this.....he is far from untouchable. too inconsistant.

Who knows maybe Sparks is the real deal. If he wins a Calder Cup, I would be happy to bring him in to compete with Andy for the net all year.

Problem is Andy is one of these guys that looks like world beater for long stretches, but then is awful for others. You just have to hold your breath which guy youre getting on a given night.

Reactions: Kurtz and ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad