Post-Game Talk: Shot at the Smiths causes first home loss

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
dude you do realize all those pics you showed are AFTER the season, IN THE SUMMER, after a cup win. ridiculous examples. again the 80s were different. also even if some athletes do it once in a while IN season, it's not right and will affect their play. this is why i think it's becoming more and more of a myth and more of a rare thing in season. Players, coaches and organizations are becoming wise to the sport science. Only dinosaurs like you think this still happens regularly in season. I think it's less of an occurance now and those who still endulge suffer the consequences. again, if you think teams can afford to lower their chances of collecting 2 points, even if it's once or twice a season, well then, party on. don't bi*ch and wh*ne when your team missed the playoffs by 2 points.

lol, in your eyes, part of the job description is getting d*** wet and having brewskies now and then. mine is trying to rest and recover your body the best they can. can you see how ridiculous you sound? it's not the 80s or 90s anymore. again, it's incremental differences. i never said they'd still be hung over or feeling woozy. but guaranteed more often than not they'll be at a bit of a lesser state than if they hadn't indulged. they play and practice and train at a high level. they need every minute they can afterwards to recover from the games and training. drinking and going out late interferes with that!

more and more you're hearing players go do tame and relaxing things during christmas and all star breaks. they say they're relaxing (going fishing, recovering the body etc). players, at least the smart ones know about this now. it's just you and a few DUUUDES and BROOOOs here that think the debauchery still happens at a regular occurance.

lol you're massively naive if you think guys are just staying locked in their hotel rooms drinking Gatorade all day.

Many of them have regular women in multiple cities and many of them are consuming some alcoholic beverages on a weekly basis.

You're a nobody never was stop acting like you're a pro athlete, you couldn't hold the jock strap of any of these guys. No one gives a crap what you would do in their situation.

Last edited:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
lol you're massively naive if you think guys are just staying locked in their hotel rooms drinking Gatorade all day.

Many of them have regular women in multiple cities and many of them are consuming some alcoholic beverages on a weekly basis.

You're a nobody never was stop acting like you're a pro athlete, you couldn't hold the jock strap of any of these guys. No one gives a crap what you would do in their situation.

lol, you have No idea what goes on there. You are ASSUMING those things happen. and sure they might have 10-15 years ago but like i said people are getting SMARTER, they don't think like YOU do anymore.
and buddy, you couldn't hold my jock, i promise you.
i never said they sit in their hotel room all day, i said go out and do fun things but just be responsible in it so quit misquoting me.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
lol, you have No idea what goes on there. You are ASSUMING those things happen. and sure they might have 10-15 years ago but like i said people are getting SMARTER, they don't think like YOU do anymore.
and buddy, you couldn't hold my jock, i promise you.
i never said they sit in their hotel room all day, i said go out and do fun things but just be responsible in it so quit misquoting me.

lol ok so because you play in some beer league you think you're hot shit.

These guys still have beers after games and more regularly than "once a month". And they have their regular sexcapades.

Their bodies have no problem dealing with that. In your 20s with peak testosterone production and weight lifting programs, a night of drinking a week isn't gonna do shit.

It takes more than 3 or 4 beers a night to throw off someone 200+ pounds with little body fat to begin with.

Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean squat.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
there are things you can't control like illness, family problems etc. You do what you can to control things that you. Why would any pro athlete put himself at even the slightest disadvantage when this is a game of milliseconds being quicker to the puck. milliseconds being able to process quickly enough the play in front of you, having just that extra bit of gas left in the tank etc etc.

no doubt some players hinder themselves with a bit too much drinking and sexcapades but no, that's not part of being a good professional. there's a reason why some players overachieve their potential and others underachieve. just because a star player can get away with it it doesn't mean he couldn't have been even better and more consistently better for his team if he didn't do those things.

you can go have your brewskies and ladies and stay up late now and then but it WILL definitely affect you in days to come. you can try to "perform anyway" but you'll still not be as fresh and as ready as you would have been if you didn't do such things. If you think it's ok to reduce your chances and ability to get 2 points in the standings here and there for the sake of "living life to the fullest" than sure. that's fine.
Go watch The Marinovich Project and think again about building your perfect athlete. Guys Dad put him on your kind of right path and it messed him up big time. He was not a successful pro at all.
https://www.espnplayer.com/video/the-marinovich-project

All these guys, just like you and I are human.

In your dream-world we'd all be working our perfect job, getting our sleep before every day of work, solving all the worlds problems, not going on HFBoards at work, etc. Maybe we'd have wold peace, no poverty or hunger, and so on... but yeah we're human so stop dreaming dreamer.

Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter on acid. Who knows what kind of experiences some athletes have had before one of their spectacular games (and trust me it's not just "a good meal and straight to bed").
I used to see Roloson around the country bars pretty regular. Maybe post-game beers was one of the keys to his success... is it possible? How much % of the game do "the experts" say is mental again?

If you spent any time around a room you'd realize how naive you're being mate. Yes, they have to train and take their job seriously, but they are also humans. We are complicated creatures in a complicated world.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
lol ok so because you play in some beer league you think you're hot ****.

These guys still have beers after games and more regularly than "once a month". And they have their regular sexcapades.

Their bodies have no problem dealing with that. In your 20s with peak testosterone production and weight lifting programs, a night of drinking a week isn't gonna do ****.

It takes more than 3 or 4 beers a night to throw off someone 200+ pounds with little body fat to begin with.

Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean squat.

you clearly lack the knowledge base in terms of the current sports science. I can promise you if we go and talk with some of the guys i know that work in elite hockey programs in edmonton and some around north america (GMs, perfromance trainers etc etc) they would tell you you're out to lunch. I've had these discussions with these people and it's a complete myth nowadays that what YOU think happens happens rampantly.

Guys are so much smarter and have so much more knowledge now that the smart ones steer clear of that stuff you talk about and dedicate themselves. they know how competitive it is to obtain roster spots in the NHL. I'm still playing some hockey with current and ex pros/jr college players now and then and especially in the summer. There's a CLEAR connection between the habits of those that make it to higher levels than those who cant get past Jr hockey. The pros are more dedicated and you can tell are smarter and less like DUUUUDES or basic bros. They are much smarter about taking care of their bodies. You'll see wildly skilled players you'd assume would just as good if not better than the pro but never get past Jrs because you can tell speaking with them in the room after, their attitudes and their love of partying and beer etc.

There was talk about Zibinajad earlier this year by a few former players and insiders. They said he really ramped up and turned around his career a couple years ago BECAUSE he dedicated himself much better and stop doing his late night DJing during the season. I'm pretty sure there was an article on it too.

Reactions: Porkleaker

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Go watch The Marinovich Project and think again about building your perfect athlete. Guys Dad put him on your kind of right path and it messed him up big time. He was not a successful pro at all.
https://www.espnplayer.com/video/the-marinovich-project

All these guys, just like you and I are human.

In your dream-world we'd all be working our perfect job, getting our sleep before every day of work, solving all the worlds problems, not going on HFBoards at work, etc. Maybe we'd have wold peace, no poverty or hunger, and so on... but yeah we're human so stop dreaming dreamer.

Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter on acid. Who knows what kind of experiences some athletes have had before one of their spectacular games (and trust me it's not just "a good meal and straight to bed").
I used to see Roloson around the country bars pretty regular. Maybe post-game beers was one of the keys to his success... is it possible? How much % of the game do "the experts" say is mental again?

If you spent any time around a room you'd realize how naive you're being mate. Yes, they have to train and take their job seriously, but they are also humans. We are complicated creatures in a complicated world.

It's not a rigid regiment. You just have to be smart about how to recover your body. No one's stopping them from having some harmless fun and unwind, just be smart. There are teams now that enforce curfews and prohibit playing Fortnight etc. As i said, the knowledge and intelligence of sports organizations are ever increasing. Stuff that you reference about being on acid etc was ancient history or at least long enough ago that it is irrelevant in today's NHL.

There are many ways to unwind and get into good mental states without having resort to regular alcohol consumption or occasional late nighters etc. It's just the "basic bro" mentality that that's the way we "men" do it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
you clearly lack the knowledge base in terms of the current sports science. I can promise you if we go and talk with some of the guys i know that work in elite hockey programs in edmonton and some around north america (GMs, perfromance trainers etc etc) they would tell you you're out to lunch. I've had these discussions with these people and it's a complete myth nowadays that what YOU think happens happens rampantly.

Guys are so much smarter and have so much more knowledge now that the smart ones steer clear of that stuff you talk about and dedicate themselves. they know how competitive it is to obtain roster spots in the NHL. I'm still playing some hockey with current and ex pros/jr college players now and then and especially in the summer. There's a CLEAR connection between the habits of those that make it to higher levels than those who cant get past Jr hockey. The pros are more dedicated and you can tell are smarter and less like DUUUUDES or basic bros. They are much smarter about taking care of their bodies. You'll see wildly skilled players you'd assume would just as good if not better than the pro but never get past Jrs because you can tell speaking with them in the room after, their attitudes and their love of partying and beer etc.

There was talk about Zibinajad earlier this year by a few former players and insiders. They said he really ramped up and turned around his career a couple years ago BECAUSE he dedicated himself much better and stop doing his late night DJing during the season. I'm pretty sure there was an article on it too.

Your last example there is hilarious and just part of the point -- many athletes don't live by your gospel. He was late night DJing, lol, what the f***.

The main thing that's changed now from the 80s is the acceptance of weight training/body building as staple elements of training and better nutrition and more convenient supplements. Players in every sport are smarter that way, not just hockey.

That doesn't mean stuff like:

Having beers multiple times a week, organizing trips to a club on lengthy road trips, having mistresses on the road and/or random hook ups

Don't happen and aren't uncommon.

I also think recreational drug use among NHL players is higher than what most people would suspect along with PED usage. It's not as rare as the Disney-clean image the NHL would like to present themselves as.

These guys are not boy scouts.

A few beers is not going to throw you off if you are burning the amount of calories pro athletes do with the testosterone level they have (due to limited body fat). High testosterone also leads to high sex drive and combine that with women throwing themselves at you constantly and that's a predictable combination as well.

Last edited:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
That's why I'd be doing everything in my power to dump Chiasson, Khaira, Gagner, Benning, etc.

GMs love reclamation projects, but you can't wait too long when there's no sign of that "potential" left.

Getting rid of any depth players on this team making more than what can be buried(and especially those with more years left on their deal) would be addition by subtraction.

I would actually like to dangle whoever (except Nygård, Jurco and Haas)in this uninspiring bottom 6 for to switch to gamble on Ho-Sang. Its bigger risk of just loose it all, but he has talent, something that is lacking in this organisation.
A winger for a winger, why not. There is risk of Ho-Sang ofC with McDavid, what if Ho-Sang thinks McDavid is big headed of maybe giving HoSang ciritic sometime for ex. But There could be a win situation also.

This team deesssperatly needs a 3C. In here, people talks about Nuge needs other stars to produce, if thats the case, its really worrysome.

Keep the two best PK:ers in bottom 6, whoever they are, even if its Khaira and Granlund (I guess it is actually) Try to trade everyone else. Dont bring up youngsters yet, except Gambardella,as he is the oldest, and maybe can PK.
Dont play Russell on the second pairing.. damn it! Get the head out of your ass Tippet.

Let Nuge and Neal create some chemistry, so they finally can be a two punch, Or Pair McDavid with Neal, it went very well in presason (wich means nothing at all, I know). The important thing, you have to at least try, or think what is the best long term. Patience and long term benefit, or will the other try result in scoring in two lines?

Let Jurco have another playmate with skill, like HO Sang for the speed 3rd line. Bringing in that 3C seems to be impossible (but the rational move).
Thats my fix

Nuge McDavid Neal
Nygård Draisaitl Kassian
Gambardella Sheahan Archibald
Jurco Granlund(its sad, I know) Ho-Sang

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Persson
Russell/Manning/Lagesson - Benning until Larsson is back

Gagner to fill in if someone is bad.

Khaira, Chiasson and what it takes is traded.

Oct 15, 2008
Your last example there is hilarious and just part of the point -- many athletes don't live by your gospel. He was late night DJing, lol, what the ****.

The main thing that's changed now from the 80s is the acceptance of weight training/body building as staple elements of training and better nutrition and more convenient supplements. Players in every sport are smarter that way, not just hockey.

Having beers multiple times a week, organizing trips to a club on lengthy road trips, having mistresses on the road and/or random hook ups

I also think recreational drug use among NHL players is higher than what most people would suspect along with PED usage. It's not as rare as the Disney-clean image the NHL would like to present themselves as.

A few beers is not going to throw you off if you are burning the amount of calories pro athletes do with the testosterone level they have (due to limited body fat). High testosterone also leads to high sex drive and combine that with women throwing themselves at you constantly and that's a predictable combination as well.

this poster insinuated for months that Hall and the rest of his cabal were out of control with partying, now he says times have changed and nobody does that anymore. He likes to slander players with unsubstantiated rumours and innuendo. When confronted with facts he resorts to name calling. Zero on the credibility meter.

Last edited:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I think both sides to this argument make solid points and are both kind of correct.

-players still do party and let loose. However, it is definitely less than what might have happened in the past. They do take care of their bodies and recovery. However, they're not robots and absolutely have some fun, especially on the road.
-recreational drugs are bigger than most people probably realize in NHL circles
-Tinder has helped players wheel on the road without having to even go out. Sit in their hotel room, swipe right and they can pull girls in no time haha (especially in Canadian cities where hockey players are celebs)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think both sides to this argument make solid points and are both kind of correct.

-players still do party and let loose. However, it is definitely less than what might have happened in the past. They do take care of their bodies and recovery. However, they're not robots and absolutely have some fun, especially on the road.
-recreational drugs are bigger than most people probably realize in NHL circles
-Tinder has helped players wheel on the road without having to even go out. Sit in their hotel room, swipe right and they can pull girls in no time haha (especially in Canadian cities where hockey players are celebs)

The meta point is the same though ... the "lifestyle" of most athletes being able to perform when you're not 100%.

That's part and parcel of the life.

That seafood salad from the hotel restaurant not sitting too well in the stomach? No one cares. Perform.

Wife at home nagging at you for catching some other lady's photos on your phone? No one cares. Perform.

Got your balls drained by two strippers the night before? No one cares. Perform.

Caught a touch of the flu? No one cares. Perform.

Going through a break up with your girlfriend? No one cares. Perform.

Didn't get enough sleep last night because the hotel bed was wonky? No one cares. Perform.

It's part of being an athlete really. Some people may not like that but this stuff is standard fare.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Your last example there is hilarious and just part of the point -- many athletes don't live by your gospel. He was late night DJing, lol, what the ****.

Google it. DJ Zbad. I'm guessing he was either going out doing this stuff or at least staying up late at night working on his music. Whatever the case the former teammates and insiders said it was taking away from his hockey and when he decided to bear down and set it aside a bit more and focus on hockey... that's when he flourished.

Again, you theorize. You don't KNOW that these things are rampant. It may have been 10 plus years ago but times DO change. Not saying it doesn't happen but it happens at a cost to their team. It's stupid to say that's "part of being an athlete". Ya, player/team A can go do that and player/team B can be more responsible. Let's see who performs closer to their potential. It's a choice. You NEVER HAVE to drink regularly, stay up late wheelin broads etc just because you're a NHL player. A lot of guys now are learning to be more professional.

How many times have we heard players, vets say, "ya as i grew up i learned to take care of myself better and not do those things (drinking staying up late) and take better care of myself (sleep habits, diet etc). I wish i would have known or done this earlier in my career." You hear it all the time. And i think more and more players are realizing. there are still some slow learners no doubt though.

Strudwick just again insinuating on the radio that the Oilers were "tired for different/specific reasons on Sunday and that they owe Tippett because of it".

Let's break it down.... these high level athletes are playing hard games, practicing hard, training hard, are sustaining minor damage to the body all the time (slight tears in muscle, ligaments, tendons etc). And yes s*** happens, with illness, bad mattress, personal issues etc. Their body is basically working 24/7 to recover and repair itself. so WHY, WHY the eff, would you
a) drink a TOXIN regularly, causing you body to divert energy, metabolism, substrates, protein etc to metabolize the toxin through the body and do minor repairs to the liver brain etc) away from repairing and recovering from your games/training or worse yet like YOU think, do drugs (which i doubt a lot of them do nowadays).
b) stay up late now and then and set back your rest and recovery that again, your body is constantly trying to accomplish non stop the entire season.

The things you think happen are being weeded out. I'm sure they happened even as recent as the Hall, Ebs days but in the last few years it's getting frowned upon heavily because sport science is quickly becoming very relevant.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Google it. DJ Zbad. I'm guessing he was either going out doing this stuff or at least staying up late at night working on his music. Whatever the case the former teammates and insiders said it was taking away from his hockey and when he decided to bear down and set it aside a bit more and focus on hockey... that's when he flourished.

Again, you theorize. You don't KNOW that these things are rampant. It may have been 10 plus years ago but times DO change. Not saying it doesn't happen but it happens at a cost to their team. It's stupid to say that's "part of being an athlete". Ya, player/team A can go do that and player/team B can be more responsible. Let's see who performs closer to their potential. It's a choice. You NEVER HAVE to drink regularly, stay up late wheelin broads etc just because you're a NHL player. A lot of guys now are learning to be more professional.

How many times have we heard players, vets say, "ya as i grew up i learned to take care of myself better and not do those things (drinking staying up late) and take better care of myself (sleep habits, diet etc). I wish i would have known or done this earlier in my career." You hear it all the time. And i think more and more players are realizing. there are still some slow learners no doubt though.

Strudwick just again insinuating on the radio that the Oilers were "tired for different/specific reasons on Sunday and that they owe Tippett because of it".

Let's break it down.... these high level athletes are play hard games, practicing hard, training hard, are sustaining minor damage to the body all the time (slight tears in muscle, ligaments, tendons etc). And yes s*** happens, with illness, bad mattress, personal issues etc. Their body is basically working 24/7 to recover and repair itself. so WHY, WHY the eff, would you
a) drink a TOXIN regularly, causing you body to divert energy, metabolism, substrates, protein etc to metabolize the toxin through the body and do minor repairs to the liver brain etc) away from repairing and recovering from your games/training or worse yet like YOU think, do drugs (which i doubt a lot of them do nowadays).
b) stay up late now and then and set back your rest and recovery that again, your body is constantly trying to accomplish non stop the entire season.

The things you think happen are being weeded out. I'm sure they happened even as recent as the Hall, Ebs days but in the last few years it's getting frowned upon heavily because sport science is quickly becoming very relevant.

Yes and "DJZbad" proves my point -- dude is out at parties DJing, lol until who knows when. If Fortnite, why are teams having to impose curfews, and that's just a stupid video game, that's a hundred things they know they can't ban.

Again I think you're very naive to this stuff. Drinking a few beers is not going to affect you that much, not when you 200+ pounds with under 8% body fat and have 36 hours to recuperate.

The amount of drug use in the NHL is a lot higher than the PR marketing department would have you believe too. For everyone Kuznetsov that gets caught there are 10-20 others that don't.

PED use is also a lot higher in the NHL and NBA than those leagues want to let out. We know what happened in MLB, the NHL and NBA purposefully don't test very rigourously and the players know full well how to cheat the testing most of the time.

These guys are up late all the freaking time too, lol. The game ends at 10:30 PM and you're wired like crazy, most of them don't get to bed until 1-2 AM.

A doctor actually used to tell Michael Jordan to simply drink a few beers after a game as way to come down from the extreme high of a game in the evening and he is as dominant, focused of an athlete that any sport has seen.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Again I think you're very naive to this stuff. Drinking a few beers is not going to affect you that much, not when you 200+ pounds with under 8% body fat and have 36 hours to recuperate.

The amount of drug use in the NHL is a lot higher than the PR marketing department would have you believe too. For everyone Kuznetsov that gets caught there are 10-20 others that don't.

These guys are up late all the freaking time too, lol. The game ends at 10:30 PM and you're wired like crazy, most of them don't get to bed until 1-2 AM.

A doctor actually used to tell Michael Jordan to simply drink a few beers after a game as way to come down from the extreme high of a game in the evening and he is as dominant, focused of an athlete that any sport has seen.

Again, you have zero knowledge of physiology and how these things affect rest and recovery.

And again, quit referencing the old days of the 80s and 90s. it's f***ing 2019 if you're unaware.

Ya, smartly winding down to go to bed to get optimal REM sleep is different than hitting the bars for a few brewskies. Alcohol interferes with deep sleep. It's common knowledge and known science. Deep sleep is required fro optimal recovery of body and mind.

Dude, trust me, you're well out of your element here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Again, you have zero knowledge of physiology and how these things affect rest and recovery.

And again, quit referencing the old days of the 80s and 90s. it's f***ing 2019 if you're unaware.

Ya, smartly winding down to go to bed to get optimal REM sleep is different than hitting the bars for a few brewskies. Alcohol interferes with deep sleep. It's common knowledge and known science. Deep sleep is required fro optimal recovery of body and mind.

Dude, trust me, you're well out of your element here.

I'm talking here, now, today.

There are players who

Drink, do drugs (recreational and PEDs), and have multiple women going on during the season.

That's not a maybe or kinda or sorta. That's happening, ok, it happens every night with someone on every pro sports team.

You are naive if you think "aw schucks, that just happened in the 80s, the guys today would never do that!".

The difference from the 80s to now is more weight training, guys actually have real lifting programs that they adhere to, and the shit of like eating McDonalds before a game or hot dogs or chocolate bars that stuff is the main difference. They know better on the nutrition side and strength training side.

But drinking, f***ing, and drugs ... yeah sorry to break it to you, that happens fairly regularly. And the NHL is full of shit too quite frankly when they try to push an image like they are so holier than the NBA or NFL or MLB.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I'm talking here, now, today.

There are players who

Drink, do drugs (recreational and PEDs), and have multiple women going on during the season.

That's not a maybe or kinda or sorta. That's happening, ok, it happens every night with someone on every pro sports team.

You are naive if you think "aw schucks, that just happened in the 80s, the guys today would never do that!".

The difference from the 80s to now is more weight training, guys actually have real lifting programs that they adhere to, and the **** of like eating McDonalds before a game or hot dogs or chocolate bars that stuff is the main difference. They know better on the nutrition side and strength training side.

But drinking, ****ing, and drugs ... yeah sorry to break it to you, that happens fairly regularly. And the NHL is full of **** too quite frankly when they try to push an image like they are so holier than the NBA or NFL or MLB.

Stop it, you know nothing. You think you know these players today, but you really really don't. Please prove to me that these things are as rampant as you say. It's just one of those thing s you heard years ago that happened and are likely exaggerated and now you think you know, but you really dont. I talk to the people involved in high level hockey and the culture is definitely changing. You're a few years behind dude.

Also the DJZbad proves my point because he's taken a step back from that during the season and focusing more on hockey and preparing himself.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Stop it, you know nothing. You think you know these players today, but you really really don't. Please prove to me that these things are as rampant as you say. It's just one of those thing s you heard years ago that happened and are likely exaggerated and now you think you know, but you really dont. I talk to the people involved in high level hockey and the culture is definitely changing. You're a few years behind dude.

Also the DJZbad proves my point because he's taken a step back from that during the season and focusing more on hockey and preparing himself.

Yeah 8 years into his career he decided to stop being at nightclubs and parties DJing?

lol that's "commitment"? lol. Please that's f***ing hilarious.

These teams struggle to get players to stop playing Fortnite, you think they're stopping them from chasing ass on the road?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
"Players are robots. I'm right. Everyone else is wrong."

The delusion knows no bounds.

ya, "players are robots", that's exactly what i said/meant. :shakehead

plus i'm more debating with soundwave that these things aren't or shouldnt be rampant as he says, few times a week drinking and wheelin chicks etc. we're not even talking about occasional 2-3 times a year events.

Last edited:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah 8 years into his career he decided to stop being at nightclubs and parties DJing?

lol that's "commitment"? lol. Please that's ****ing hilarious.

These teams struggle to get players to stop playing Fortnite, you think they're stopping them from chasing ass on the road?

again, you're guessing. If they said he took a big step away from the DJing during the season to focus more on hockey i tend to believe that more than you who really doesn't know a d*** thing.

The basic message from the teams is to spend your rest time responsibly and make sure you recover as best you can.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lets look at the last two Conne Smythe trophy winners

Ryan O' Reilly - Drunkenly drove his truck into a Tim Horton's.

Evegeni Kuznetsov - OK, Ovy won it (and he doesn't look like a guy who turns down many parties either), but really Kuznetsov should have won it, he was the Caps best player. Busted for cocaine use.

Yeah sure, sure, these modern players, they never indulge in anything. They are just random one off things that happened, y'know the usual, you have a beer and drive into a Tim Horton's or cocaine accidentally ends up your nose. Could happen to anyone. Yeah right.

I know stories on other players too, but unlike a certain poster I'm not a little snitch that rats out people like a 3rd grader running to teacher.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Lets look at the last two Conne Smythe trophy winners

Ryan O' Reilly - Drunkenly drove his truck into a Tim Horton's.

Evegeni Kuznetsov - OK, Ovy won it (and he doesn't look like a guy who turns down many parties either), but really Kuznetsov should have won it, he was the Caps best player. Busted for cocaine use.

Yeah sure, sure, these modern players, they never indulge in anything. They are just random one off things that happened, y'know the usual, you have a beer and drive into a Tim Horton's or cocaine accidentally ends up your nose. Could happen to anyone. Yeah right.

I know stories on other players too, but unlike a certain poster I'm not a little snitch that rats out people like a 3rd grader running to teacher.

awesome. 2 measly examples.... one of which happened in... guess what....SUMMER.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad