McKenzie: 'Shocked' If Stone and Dzingel play tonight if no agreement by then

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Did Stone, Duchene, and Dzingel even get a chance to fish the puck out of the net at their last game in Ottawa?

Jul 6, 2016
Has a professional team ever dove into the abyss like the Sens before? They had a very good core and a hopeful future 2 years ago and in two years they traded away (on top of my head):

Turris, Brassard, E. Karlsson, let go of Methot, Hoffman, 1st pick, Dzingel (soon?), Duchene (soon?), Stone (soon?)

Any other names I forgot ? That's a solid core and it plummeted so fast, and sure Duchene was got by trading away Turris but it just hurts.

Right. One OT goal away from SC Finals to the ultimate NHL pit. That's a feat ! Methot and Turris were the glue of that team. Methot was the ideal partner for Karlsson. Turris was well-liked by all his teamates. All the Karlsson-Hoffman saga destroyed the team. What did Melnyck and Dorion and Boucher did to fix that ?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Watching Stone, Duchene and Dzingel walk into the press box will be Avs fans equivalent of Willis Reed coming out of the locker room for Game 7.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Has a professional team ever dove into the abyss like the Sens before? They had a very good core and a hopeful future 2 years ago and in two years they traded away (on top of my head):

Turris, Brassard, E. Karlsson, let go of Methot, Hoffman, 1st pick, Dzingel (soon?), Duchene (soon?), Stone (soon?)

Any other names I forgot ? That's a solid core and it plummeted so fast, and sure Duchene was got by trading away Turris but it just hurts.

You can also replace Brassard with Zibanejad.

Core for this year could have been:

Zibanejad
Karlsson
Methot (or equivalent FA D for 5-6 mil)
Hoffman
Dzingel
Duchene
Stone
Chabot
Tkachuk
White

Methot has fallen off a bit but the others seem to be doing well individually. Not saying it wins the cup, but surely it should have been competitive. How long/if ever, will it take Ottawa to get back even to this point?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I know Stone is a monster but if OTT can move Duchene Stone and Dzingle they can get some
Niven young assets and picks and build around Chabot.

If Stone stays hes definitely captain material though.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
They are promising him the "C" on his jersey and possibly a huge signing bonus.

I highly doubt that is enough of a motivating factor for him to stay...he can have a huge bonus anywhere and get paid likely to the city of his choosing, possibly a contending team with a legit owner and positive culture.

Reactions: derriko

Jul 6, 2016
I highly doubt that is enough of a motivating factor for him to stay...he can have a huge bonus anywhere and get paid likely to the city of his choosing, possibly a contending team with a legit owner and positive culture.

we will find out soon.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Solid but clearly not good enough, even with their playoff plunge

Jul 6, 2016
I know Stone is a monster but if OTT can move Duchene Stone and Dzingle they can get some
Niven young assets and picks and build around Chabot.

If Stone stays hes definitely captain material though.

To complete the cleaning job, Sens MUST get rid of Bobby Ryan.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You're going to need a helluva team to outtank the Sens.

Boston needs to get one of the 3.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Wait, I'm just being told, yes, as I leave the tour of the Bugatti factory, the money is on the way, Stone is sitting down to sign the papers today or tomorrow, possible Monday.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Montreal was a trashbag team last year. Toronto was a trashbag team a few years ago. Things can turn around quickly with some good luck and skilled hockey players. Unfortunately Ottawa don't have enough of either so Mark Stone should definitely GTFO.

We should also trade Chabot now while his value is about as high as it'll ever be. Every day we don't trade him is a day closer to him being traded at the deadline of his first UFA year.

Jul 6, 2016
Montreal was a trashbag team last year. Toronto was a trashbag team a few years ago. Things can turn around quickly with some good luck and skilled hockey players. Unfortunately Ottawa don't have enough of either so Mark Stone should definitely GTFO.

We should also trade Chabot now while his value is about as high as it'll ever be. Every day we don't trade him is a day closer to him being traded at the deadline of his first UFA year.

Maybe the Sens should be moved too to another city if I follow your drift.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Sens should 100% NOT be moved.
Ottawa fans deserve to have a team. They just need a new owner who understands the game better and isn’t afraid to spend money when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad