McKenzie: 'Shocked' If Stone and Dzingel play tonight if no agreement by then

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
tenor.gif

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Has a professional team ever dove into the abyss like the Sens before? They had a very good core and a hopeful future 2 years ago and in two years they traded away (on top of my head):

Turris, Brassard, E. Karlsson, let go of Methot, Hoffman, 1st pick, Dzingel (soon?), Duchene (soon?), Stone (soon?)

Any other names I forgot ? That's a solid core and it plummeted so fast, and sure Duchene was got by trading away Turris but it just hurts.

I give you the 1993 Pittsburgh Pirates.

Lose a heartbreaking game 7 of the NLCS in 1992.

Barry Bonds leaves, they finish 5th in their division and begin their streak of 20 straight losing seasons.

1993 Pittsburgh Pirates season - Wikipedia

Reactions: krutovsdonut

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Has a professional team ever dove into the abyss like the Sens before? They had a very good core and a hopeful future 2 years ago and in two years they traded away (on top of my head):

Turris, Brassard, E. Karlsson, let go of Methot, Hoffman, 1st pick, Dzingel (soon?), Duchene (soon?), Stone (soon?)

Any other names I forgot ? That's a solid core and it plummeted so fast, and sure Duchene was got by trading away Turris but it just hurts.
That's definitely a playoff team, but not a stanley cup contender (despite that fluke run). Turris is bad this year, Methot has falled off. I KIND of applaud them for realizing that rather than going through 4-5 years of 2nd round exits like other middle of the pack teams. Unfortunatley, they've lost ALL their trades because of financial reasons and the 1st round pick fiasco is huge blow.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Still say, if Stone stays in Ottawa he's an idiot

yes but to be fair he probably sees the young core if chabot, batherson,white, tkachuk, and brown (formenton, balcers, chlapik and lajoie) as a pretty good one and hes already in ottawa and can lead the team. might be interesting for him. depends if he believes theyll start spending to the cap or not

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
yes but to be fair he probably sees the young core if chabot, batherson,white, tkachuk, and brown (formenton, balcers, chlapik and lajoie) as a pretty good one and hes already in ottawa and can lead the team. might be interesting for him. depends if he believes theyll start spending to the cap or not

He would be a fool to believe that. Spending to the cap.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I'm surprised pro scouts would even show up if they thought they were seeing these guys.
Makes no sense to play them, AND with ar least Stone and Duchene if your even considering making the trade you should know enough about them by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->