McKenzie: 'Shocked' If Stone and Dzingel play tonight if no agreement by then

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
One could argue they didn't even get that for Karlsson. Watch them settle for a 2nd and a bag of pucks.
They have no leverage. None. And it’s a buyers’ market.

They need to get real. What did Kane go for last year? A conditional second? And the oilers want a second for Chiasson?!

These garbage teams need to be relegated.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Has a professional team ever dove into the abyss like the Sens before? They had a very good core and a hopeful future 2 years ago and in two years they traded away (on top of my head):

Turris, Brassard, E. Karlsson, let go of Methot, Hoffman, 1st pick, Dzingel (soon?), Duchene (soon?), Stone (soon?)

Any other names I forgot ? That's a solid core and it plummeted so fast, and sure Duchene was got by trading away Turris but it just hurts.

The Edmonton Oilers after Messier went to NYR.

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Has a professional team ever dove into the abyss like the Sens before? They had a very good core and a hopeful future 2 years ago and in two years they traded away (on top of my head):

Turris, Brassard, E. Karlsson, let go of Methot, Hoffman, 1st pick, Dzingel (soon?), Duchene (soon?), Stone (soon?)

Any other names I forgot ? That's a solid core and it plummeted so fast, and sure Duchene was got by trading away Turris but it just hurts.

Canadiens after the 1993 Cup, AINEC. Gone in three seasons or less were Roy, Desjardins, Carbonneau, Muller, Bellows, Keane, LeClair, Schneider, Odelein, Savard, Lebeau, Dionne, Daigneault, DiPietro, Haller. If you're counting that's one HoF goaltender (and arguably the best ever), all of that teams centers including the team captain, the Top 4 defensemen as well as their 6th & 7th D, and all the wingers on their top two lines except Vincent Damphousse. Absolutely ghastly mismanagement in the wake of that Cup victory.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Iirc they basically said they wanted to play to keep the pick from being where it is right now. Maybe Dorion early season ... can’t recall.
It was Dorion, he also said we are going to keep together our good core, our owner recently stated we will be spending to the cap in 2 years, there is literally nothing that comes out of Dorion or Melnyk's collective mouth in the last couple years that can be believed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad