Confirmed with Link: Shesterkin recalled.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Larry just tweeted that Igor had an out clause option to jump overseas this season at any time. I thought that wasn’t an option until next season?
he’s wrong on that. It’s for next year
I thought that was just Rykov, but Shesterkin said during training camp and early on in Hartford he understood the whole goalie situation and was willing to stay and deal with it

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
After yesterday, Martin Jones is going to hit the injury report soon after the Sharks strap him to a cruise missile and fire him into an active volcano

That's way too much trouble.

Just say he's allergic to his equipment and/or force him to get a surgery he does't need. Sincerely, Chicago.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Governor

Nov 8, 2019
Remember; Lundqvist stole Weekes' job when he got hurt. It is possible Shesterkin can steal Lundqvist's job if he sits for a decent while.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Remember; Lundqvist stole Weekes' job when he got hurt. It is possible Shesterkin can steal Lundqvist's job if he sits for a decent while.

Imo, one has nothing to do with the other simply b/c Hank is a paid a ton and has a NTC.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I feel like Hank is sick and this is a perfect time for his cup o java

we’ll see I guess but I don’t think we’re dealing Geo (right now)

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Are you aware of accepted trades that Hank vetoed?

I'd love to hear the details. Please tell us.

You actually believe the Rangers are the ones holding back a trade? Yeah, the Rangers really want to keep Hank and Staal b/c they are a huge part of a rebuild

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Honestly if they made this move to keep him from going back to Russia, playing for this team behind this group of D in this system is going to make it more likely that he bolts.

Reactions: Riche16

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Wow, ok. So they will be carrying 3 goalies and giving Shesty some well deserved NHL time to guard against his out clause?

Maybe a little birdie whispered in their ear, because it's one thing bringing up a rookie G and its another bringing one up and putting him between the pipes straight away against a top NHL team at home, with TWO other goalies on the active roster.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
This is by far and away the most exciting Hartford recall since Johan Witehall.

But, seriously, I think the writing is on the wall for Hank and/or Georgi. Or, they go to a three-goalie system, which will be painful and awkward, but hey, you only Rongos once.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Anything else you care to disclose?

I posted this below yesterday in the Lias Andersson thread. I heard no specifics other than something was brewing, likely a trade, but I have no idea about who. Will call around after dinner here.

Lets for a moment suppose (not saying this will happen or heard it will happen) that the following scenario instead ensues. Rangers hit a big skid in January. The entire coaching staff is subsequently fired. Lias gets a new chance from the new coach (after signing with Frölunda with the Rangers approval) - say it is Mike Babcock. He works his way up to a third line center role and is either dealt for an amicable return or becomes a staple of a future winning PO team. That is the better asset management procedure by GMJG. Personal vendettas may feel good - but they seldom are the correct path of a smart man. There are a lot of things we do not know anything about here. Or amongst the beatnix writers. Everyone is very tight lipped. But, something is up. That I have heard. Today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad