Confirmed with Link: Shesterkin recalled.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A few injuries to goalies around the league recently. Wonder if any of them are worse than thought and they are looking for help. Coyotes, Jackets, Blackhawks. Though i doubt the Blackhawks would be buyers.

My guess is its Arizona. Kuemper and Raanta have been a great tandem. Keumper went down 7 games ago and is week to week. Raanta went down last night and is day-to-day.

They went out and traded for Hall and are challenging Vegas for the lead in the Pacific, right in the thick of things. Not sure how much they would pony up considering how good that duo has been. But if they know Kuemper is out longer than expected they might get desperate and Georgy would be a good fit there.

And we all know the trade relationship between the Rangers and Arizona.

From what I understand Arizona has good goalie prospects beyond Kuemper and Raanta.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If hank has the flu that bad again it’s odd to say the least.

Eh, Idk. I'm a year younger than Hank and it seems like the older I get the harder it becomes to battle through any sort of illness. Can't imagine how exhausting a road trip must be at his age if he was already fighting something.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
From Brooks:

Shesterkin recall is not related to goaltending health issues. No word at this point, team practices at 11, but expect Shesterkin to get the assignment tomorrow at MSG v Colorado. They didn't bring him here to dance.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Eh, Idk. I'm a year younger than Hank and it seems like the older I get the harder it becomes to battle through any sort of illness. Can't imagine how exhausting a road trip must be at his age if he was already fighting something.

yes but you and I get a couple crackers and a Gatorade Hanks a pro athlete. Not exactly the same.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Is this good for any of the goalies? How can you split practice reps between three guys?

it’s terrible for all 3. Move has to be made soon. Maybe not right away they may want to give him a look but they’ll lose all leverage when he proves its time to trade Georgiev.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
yes but you and I get a couple crackers and a Gatorade Hanks a pro athlete. Not exactly the same.

Sure but even if Hank is just going to miss a day or two, someone has to back up Georgie tomorrow night. Under normal circumstances they might let Hank sit on the bench, but this is simply a good opportunity to give him some rest and maybe get Shesty a game against a terrible Devils team on Thursday.

They need to see what he has in the NHL before they even consider trading Georgiev.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
It's on. Colorado is a good test to see where he stands against top competition.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Don’t be surprised if something happens with San Jose. That was a ridiculous loss yesterday. They may have hit the panic button and made a deal for a goalie.

Reactions: Alexei Kovalev 27

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He's been absolutely killing it in Hartford. They also play on Wednesday. Huska will just start, but they do need to recall someone to be his backup.

Really don't want to see Georgiev get traded, but if they're getting a good return, it works out for the team long term.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Shesterkin deserves the call up. He has played his ass off. The timing is curious though. The Rangers are seeing Lundqvist breaking down. They say he was not feeling well. Who really knows? Georgiev’s game has slipped a bit.

The European assignment clause. The Rangers made the move after game #41. Exactly at the 1/2 mark. If Shesterkin is not on the NHL roster by that date, he can return to the KHL.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
EAFE86BD-38C2-4393-9FCA-F1ED5E210D8F.gif

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Larry just tweeted that Igor had an out clause option to jump overseas this season at any time. I thought that wasn’t an option until next season?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hank’s contract and unwillingness to leave is killing this team. He’s the new Eli Manning.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Larry just tweeted that Igor had an out clause option to jump overseas this season at any time. I thought that wasn’t an option until next season?

he’s wrong on that. It’s for next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad