Confirmed with Link: Shesterkin recalled.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Georgiev can’t go down. They’ve been pushing this Hank is sick again thing but that’s been going on for a few days now. He’s already had the flu like twice before this season.

I think Georgiev gets traded. I can’t imagine trying this 3 goalie rotation. That’s a fail. But make no mistake this is the true changing of the guard. Georgiev is good but he’s not the franchise. Shesterkin has proven to me outside of the SKA bubble that he’s a beast

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wow now that is a heck of a way to start your Monday. He’s the best goalie in the organization
He's the most talented. He still has to actually perform in the NHL. And the shit he's going to see with the NHL defense in front of him is unlike anything he's really seen in the KHL or even Hartford. The Rangers D is an abomination night-in, night-out. Hartford had issues at times but still had structure. So, while I don't doubt he'll be great, he still has to actually demonstrate he's better than the two incumbents.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
A few injuries to goalies around the league recently. Wonder if any of them are worse than thought and they are looking for help. Coyotes, Jackets, Blackhawks. Though i doubt the Blackhawks would be buyers.

My guess is its Arizona. Kuemper and Raanta have been a great tandem. Keumper went down 7 games ago and is week to week. Raanta went down last night and is day-to-day.

They went out and traded for Hall and are challenging Vegas for the lead in the Pacific, right in the thick of things. Not sure how much they would pony up considering how good that duo has been. But if they know Kuemper is out longer than expected they might get desperate and Georgy would be a good fit there.

And we all know the trade relationship between the Rangers and Arizona.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s better. There’s zero doubt in my mind. In fact both our goalies have been average at best the last few weeks. Listen Lundqvist is a 38 year old man. It is what it is. He is not who he once was. Time waits for no one.

Georgiev while I like him has unfortunately proven to be extremely inconsistent when he’s had the chance to run with the job. He may just be a good back up and when asked to do more struggles.

Shesterkin and you all know I had my doubts because of SKA to me has come over and dominated. His save percentage is basically identical to his SKA one. He’s a stud you watch him and it’s clear as day he’s the best goalie we’ve got. He’s the most talented. He’s the most cool under pressure. He’s the most technically sound and athletically gifted. He’s ready.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Have to imagine this means one of Hank/G are not well enough to back-up unless a trade for AG is imminent, which is probably not the case.

Wait, maybe this is a 300IQ Jordan Binnington move where Shesty comes up and carries them to the playoffs after they fire Quinn; eventually leading to a Stanley Cup victory! WOO!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I feel like if this was an emergency recall they would have said that outright. Some of the messaging here seems like it very well is time for the changing of the guard.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I took a quick glance at this when logging on and thought it was talking about Shattenkirk
That would be quite impressive considering he is now on the Lightning :laugh:

If hank has the flu that bad again it’s odd to say the least.
Not really. There are multiple strains of the flu. Some years you don't get it at all. Some years (even with a flu shot) you get it multiple times.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad