Confirmed with Link: Shesterkin recalled.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I completely get that and it's a common thing throughout the league with prospects but they don't usually want to up and leave their drafting team after being sent down, especially not the NYR.

3 goalies at this point in the season is nothing short of idiotic.
JG had all season to do this.

Why wait until half way through the season to do it when Geo is no longer waiver eligible?

Is he announcing to the whole league that he has a situation where he needs to get rid of a goalie and will accept pennies on a dollar?

JG is a fkn fool..

What have they proven?
Geo is here playing great for peanuts.
I'd rather keep Geo then spin the magic 8 ball..

and lose a player worth a late 1st rounder in the expansion draft while juggling 3 goalies?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
To have sent Georgie down 3 weeks ago before he lost his waiver free status. If you needed to see Shesterkin play why wait till now?
This isn’t fantasy sports though. Georgiev was playing great. It’s not the right message to send, in my opinion. Sometimes these things just have to play out as play dictates. I do hope they had a long chat beforehand with everyone involved.

Reactions: haveandare and bl02

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
and lose a player worth a late 1st rounder in the expansion draft while juggling 3 goalies?

for the 474 trillionth time that has been brought up. shesterkin is exempt, hank will be a free agent so we can protect georgiev

secondly you can only protect 1 goalie so it doesn't matter if we have 1 goalie for 375 goalies, there is ZERO impact on what forwards and dmen that we can protect

Reactions: Kallio

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Could not be handled worse. No other way to accurately look at it. They could have done this exact same move a month ago and let Georgie continue to play games and now he’s rotting in the Skybox and his trade value goes down each day he’s in this goalie rotation.
You are carrying on for no reason. It's not even close to the worst they could have handled this. It's not a big deal. This is a rebuilding team with a ton of youth. Everyone is learning. Everyone is gaining experience. Young players get hurt and miss months of entire seasons and they end up having great careers. Nothing here is even close to that bad. Stop freaking out about it. It is ok. If these guys have any talent then it will be just fine. Nothing that is happening now will hurt anyone or anything. Not anyone's trade value, not anyone's growth, not anyone's potential. The only thing potentially hurt is your hairline if you have any left. You are going to go bald from stress over nothing if this keeps up.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Unfounded Speculation: Lundqvist sees the writing on the wall and the direction the organization wants to head - he approaches management and informs them of his intentions to retire at the end of this season... Management decides they can now call Shesterkin up and get him some NHL playing time without fear of causing major problems/issues with the other two goaltenders...

(One could hope)

Reactions: Lion Hound

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
This isn’t fantasy sports though. Georgiev was playing great. It’s not the right message to send, in my opinion. Sometimes these things just have to play out as play dictates. I do hope they had a long chat beforehand with everyone involved.

I completely agree. I’m not sayin Georgie’s play earned a demotion. I’m simply saying that if they felt they needed to appease Shesterkin so he did not run to Russia or they really wanted to see what they have with him, I would bet had they approached Georgie about going to the minors for a bit to keep sharp while they see what they have elsewhere would probably be in Georgie’s better interest than having him waste away not getting games during a stretch right before they are considering trading him. If they still had an option with him they would not be in this situation and could hold out for the best possible assets back.

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Should have never allowed a Georgiev to play enough games not to be sent down if Czar was going to be promoted.

Reactions: mschmidt64

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Lots of armchair QB'ing going on around here. Its been less than a week since Shesterkin got the call. I trust enough has happened to force the Rangers' hand into rectifying this situation very soon. I think this issue is likely there is little to no market for Georgiev.

Reactions: 9darter

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Unfounded Speculation: Lundqvist sees the writing on the wall and the direction the organization wants to head - he approaches management and informs them of his intentions to retire at the end of this season... Management decides they can now call Shesterkin up and get him some NHL playing time without fear of causing major problems/issues with the other two goaltenders...

(One could hope)

Shesty could have gone back to Russia if he was in the AHL after the midway point.

Hank knew the call-up was going to take place for months.

Reactions: BreadKick

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Lots of armchair QB'ing going on around here. Its been less than a week since Shesterkin got the call. I trust enough has happened to force the Rangers' hand into rectifying this situation very soon. I think this issue is likely there is little to no market for Georgiev.
There's always a market for goaltending

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I much prefer Prince anyway
Most people don't even know what a tsar is, doesn't roll off the tongue either. Prince is a lot more straightforward and is the successor to the King

If i was in his shoes, i would not want a 'title', be it Tzar, Prince, or anything else. The implication that he is 'the successor Lundqvist'? I'd bet he rather follow his own path and have his own identity.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If i was in his shoes, i would not want a 'title', be it Tzar, Prince, or anything else. The implication that he is 'the successor Lundqvist'? I'd bet he rather follow his own path and have his own identity.

This fan base has been obsessed with naming an "heir to the King's throne" since Chad Johnson. You don't see Devils fans declaring every goaltender since Brodeur the next "Uncle Daddy."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad