Confirmed with Link: Sheary and Hunwick to Buffalo for a conditional 4th round pick (2019)

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Just want to reiterate that losing Sheary is actually losing something and people who claim he's worthless have no clue. Little dude can flat out score goals. I understand he struggled in the postseason. I just hope it's a decent hockey deal or something is happening.

But I cannot stand when Pens fans say Sheary is nothing.

Couldn’t agree more.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Would you take Jack Johnson + Kunitz at let's say... 4m (omg i'm throwing up) or Sheary + Hunwick? :laugh: Okay - that is a double barrel staring you down.

All i'm saying is... I liked #43. I understand we have Simon, Sprong, Rusty, Jake, etc. But when Pens fans claim Sheary was garbage, it drives me nuts. That kid did a lot to become an NHL scoring winger.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
The second Rusts deal was announced this was inevitable.

The fact we're, seemingly, not taking any cap back is perfect.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Would you take Jack Johnson + Kunitz at let's say... 4m (omg i'm throwing up) or Sheary + Hunwick? :laugh: Okay - that is a double barrel staring you down.

All i'm saying is... I liked #43. I understand we have Simon, Sprong, Rusty, Jake, etc. But when Pens fans claim Sheary was garbage, it drives me nuts. That kid did a lot to become an NHL scoring winger.

I wouldn't take Kunitz no cap. My take on reading Tampas forum is that he had zero gas left in the tank come playoffs. And that was the reason for his abysmal playoff performance.

That do us no good.

Reactions: ColePens

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Sprong
Oleksiak
Sheahan

That has to be near all our Cap space, maybe like 1.5mil left....enough to sign god, Chris Kunitz.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don't see us going for Jack Johnson unless it is super cheap. He's awful and wants too much.

Aren't we going for Duclair?

This deal might seem low on the return but it is because of Hunwick.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010

Sheary could be frustrating at times but he always seemed to give it his all on every shift. I wish he could've trained with Crosby or someone to work on his lower body strength. If he could stop falling over and be able to protect the puck better he would be really good

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In the cap world - you have to pay a good player to give up a guy like Hunwick w/ NO retention. I'll be sad Sheary is gone but that's the NHL salary cap world and the Pens flat out have too many Sheary like players w/ signing of Rust. Time for Simon/Sprong to be the next 750k Sheary.

But if this is for JJ and Kunitz, boooooo. I'll miss #43. Good luck to him.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Hell no. I'd take the chance on JJ but no way we strike gold with both of them. Plus, we all know Kunitz isn't going to be strictly 4th line. He will weasel his way back to Crosby's line. Don't even risk it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad