Confirmed with Link: Sheary and Hunwick for Buf 2019 3rd (conditions to move to a 4th)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
You have no idea how important that conditional late pick will suddenly become if Sheary is anything short of an extremely productive player on this team. :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to this deal becoming "everything wrong with the organization" at some point.

I like it though. Good player at a position of need.

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Good move - low risk, possible high reward. I'm hopeful.

Of course we can revisit it in a year's time. But I liked Sheary in his first playoff a lot. Maybe Hunwick plays? Does he have any type of protection against going to Rochester? That's my one question on him.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Good move - low risk, possible high reward. I'm hopeful.

Of course we can revisit it in a year's time. But I liked Sheary in his first playoff a lot. Maybe Hunwick plays? Does he have any type of protection against going to Rochester? That's my one question on him.
Even if he did (which I doubt) contract clauses don't travel with the player unless both parties agree.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Seems like a good low risk, potential high reward type move.

And Buffalo was comp,eye ly void of talent at LW. So it was a HUGE position of need.

Interested to see what they do with Hunwick (buried, bought out, press box?).

Buffalo doesn't need any more LD. And we still have LD Brandon Hickey to get signed.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Good thought process for this trade. It was pretty much telegraphed from the moment Rust signed. Hopefully it works out.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kyndig

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Main board and Pens fans calling this a win/win and I agree. Pens fans really like Sheary a lot but understand the deal. These are the little moves that can really pay big dividends.

Even if we put Hunwick in Rochester I'd rather call him up that what we have been when injuries hit us the last couple of years.

Reactions: Paxon

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yes he is. I guess it's not quite so bad if you send Hunwick down to Rochester at a 1.2 million hit.
Unless something changes, not sure why people think Hunwick is going to Rochester. No room at all, unless things change. More likely, he’s the 7/8 in Buffalo.

Redmond
Pilut
Borgen
Tennyson
Fedun
MacWilliam
Hickey (likely)
Paetsch

And possibly Guhle at this point as well.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Not a huge fan of accumulating bad contracts but this is fine. Hunwick can't be worse than Beaulieu can he? Can we ship Beaulieu out now?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Unless something changes, not sure why people think Hunwick is going to Rochester. No room at all, unless things change. More likely, he’s the 7/8 in Buffalo.

Redmond
Pilut
Borgen
Tennyson
Fedun
MacWilliam
Hickey (likely)
Paetsch

Maybe you could combine three D into one SUPER D!

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

Redmond
Pilut
Borgen
Tennyson
Fedun
MacWilliam
Hickey (likely)
Paetsch

Maybe a trade of some of that depth for forward depth?

Reactions: brian_griffin

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Sheary was such an obvious move for both sides. Not surprised and quite pleased. He’s a competent NHL winger with speed, which makes him heads above most of the wingers we already have. Could be an option on Eichels wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad