Sheahan off to a slow start

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Someone mentioned we should bump this.

Dude needs to pick it the **** up. I was hoping he'd take a step forward this season but he hasn't, I know it's still early in the season and pretty much the whole team doesn't look very good but Riley is not inspiring confidence at all.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Someone mentioned we should bump this.

Dude needs to pick it the **** up. I was hoping he'd take a step forward this season but he hasn't, I know it's still early in the season and pretty much the whole team doesn't look very good but Riley is not inspiring confidence at all.

That was me, thanks for digging this up.

I wanted him to make me eat crow, everyone was was saying 2nd line C. I still don't see it, he needs to be doing basically everything better. :shakehead

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Captain invisible so far this season. I don't think there's been a single game where I've looked at something Sheahan did as good or bad. He's just kind of been... there.

But of course you do have to factor in that he's been playing with offensive dynamos in Helm and Glendening.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Riley needs to ride the bench for a few games. He has been absolutely invisible all season so far.

Oct 18, 2006
Yep invisible is the right word to describe him so far this season. Needs to step up big time.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Captain invisible so far this season. I don't think there's been a single game where I've looked at something Sheahan did as good or bad. He's just kind of been... there.

But of course you do have to factor in that he's been playing with offensive dynamos in Helm and Glendening.
I think he's done some decent things, a couple of good defensive plays and the sort. But overall, yes very invisible. Disappointing.

Actual Thought*

Riley needs to ride the bench for a few games. He has been absolutely invisible all season so far.

To be fair every skater on the team no named Hank has taken a step back. I can't think of any other players who look as good this year as they did last year.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
The silver lining for us is that Helm/Miller-Sheahan-Glendening is a killer 4th line.

But that's bad news for Sheahan if he considers himself anything more than a 4th liner, now and into the future. Guy needs to wake the **** up and start playing to his strengths and using his size and strength to win battles and create offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2012
He could be so damn good. Gotta give him more time but its been a disappointing start for sure. Having Glenny and Helm on your wings doesn't help though.

johnnyarmstrong

Jun 14, 2015
He leads the team in dcorsi impact. He has been one of our best players. (Because everyone has been bad). He is the least of my worries.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Considering last year was his first full NHL season, I would consider this season his "sophomore slump". But I think he'll turn it around this season and we'll forget about his slow start.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He leads the team in dcorsi impact. He has been one of our best players. (Because everyone has been bad). He is the least of my worries.

I don't think he has been great. But some people hate on him way too much. He's pretty much invisible for me. which isn't a bad thing. what really needs to happen is we need to score 3 goals a game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yah Holland ****ed up big time on that.

Blaim Jim Nill if you want to blame drafting.

And drafting Russians was a bad idea on that time. Economy has changed in a huge way since that. Sheahan was the "safe" pick. Kuznetsov would have been nice but big gamble, which turned in a good way for the Capitals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad