Shea Weber's injury : Career ending?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
images

Montreal trades Shea Weber and a 5th round pick to Nashville in exchange for a 4th round pick.

No thanks. I'd rather see him retire early to find out if Poile has the stones to tell the NHL to eat shit on stupid rule application. Really I'd rather see him regain his health and continue to play, but short of that let's throw shit into the fan see what happens.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
No thanks. I'd rather see him retire early to find out if Poile has the stones to tell the NHL to eat **** on stupid rule application. Really I'd rather see him regain his health and continue to play, but short of that let's throw **** into the fan see what happens.
See Luongo, Roberto, for what the league thinks about these contracts and whatever leeway Poile thinks he has.

Reactions: MasterDecoy

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Basically, Weber was in the hall years ago based on his resume. Forget the Norris, Yzerman put up 155 points one year and didn't win the Hart because of Gretzky. Weber had some great years and didn't win because of Lidstrom. Can't fault the guy because he happened to play in a time that coincided with an all time great. Not all Norris years are created equal. And obviously looking at those Norris finishes, Weber was no flash in the pan.

If he goes into the Hall, I hope it is as a Pred. That's how I will always remember him. His time in Montreal has been good but blase.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
See Luongo, Roberto, for what the league thinks about these contracts and whatever leeway Poile thinks he has.
I have been over this rule before, but it's crazy to think that the NHL would enforce a recapture penalty of 24 million on any team, I will just leave it at that.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I have been over this rule before, but it's crazy to think that the NHL would enforce a recapture penalty of 24 million on any team, I will just leave it at that.
Precedent has been set with Luongo, so I think they have no choice but to enforce it. That being said, I'm pretty sure they try and do everything they can to make sure he ends up on LTIR for the duration of his contract, ala Pronger working for DoPS while still under contract.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I hope not. I hope worst case scenario he comes back in 1-1/2 years in fantastic shape and tears the league a new one.

The doom and gloom prognosis seems way too premature though.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Precedent has been set with Luongo, so I think they have no choice but to enforce it. That being said, I'm pretty sure they try and do everything they can to make sure he ends up on LTIR for the duration of his contract, ala Pronger working for DoPS while still under contract.
Exactly, it will never get to the point where they would actually need to enforce it.
No team can survive the setback of 24 million to their salary cap if they want to be thought of as a legitimate NHL team. That team would be among the worst the league would have ever seen.

Reactions: Khelandros

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As a reporter, isn't it his job to divulge? His job is literally to get as much info as possible and to pass it on to his readers for clicks and views...

It is exactly his place...

Sounds like TMZ

A reporter jobs is to report news...a gossip queens job is to make up shit for clicks and views, AKA Kypreos's entire career in a nutshell.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Sounds like TMZ

A reporter jobs is to report news...a gossip queens job is to make up **** for clicks and views, AKA Kypreos's entire career in a nutshell.

If a reporter gets no clicks or views, they're out of a job...

This isn't rocket science. It's common sense.

That's why you should take every news with a grain of salt. They are also all biased owned by companies with certain views or directions.

It's all about power or money or both. Don't act like it's unique to kypreos. I don't even like the guy.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If a reporter gets no clicks or views, they're out of a job...

This isn't rocket science. It's common sense.

That's why you should take every news with a grain of salt. They are also all biased owned by companies with certain views or directions.

It's all about power or money or both. Don't act like it's unique to kypreos. I don't even like the guy.

Not for me.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If Nashville re-aquired Weber, would Montreal be on the hook for a re-capture penalty? How does it work?
The "cap benefit" never changes hands. Nashville had all the high actual salary years with a7.8m cap so they accumulated like 25 Mill worth of cap benefit. It would have been offset with the lower salary high cap hit years but they traded him away before that

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Sad thing about potential cap recapture penalties is the fact nashville didnt sign Weber to that huge contract, philly did which Nashville matched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad