Shea Weber's injury : Career ending?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Even if Kypreos knows 100% what the medical situation is, it's not his place to divulge it if there are career-impacting implications. He should have left the "and his future in question" out of it. That's just sensationalism at this point.
why is that? If he knows something to be true, hes going to report on it no?

Reactions: OldCraig71

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
He's in the Spezza/Carter category.
I dunno, I think the legend of Man Mountain Shea Weber will be enough with the Olumpics + four all star selections. Mats Sundin never really won any hardware, two all star team selections and the 1 Olympic gold, and I'd call them a similar calibre of player.

Lidstrom/Karlsson will be the excuse for never winning a Norris, and mediocre Preds/Habs teams will excuse him from no cup wins because he's already a pre-ordained WINNER with the Olympic stuff.

Reactions: Fixxer and Voight

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Guess what business he's in. Clicks. Guess what business the NHL is in.
Yeah, there is lots of clickbait and sensationalism all over the internet, for sure. Lots of people trying to profit off the misfortune of others too. Doesn't mean it's a good look for him.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
images

Montreal trades Shea Weber and a 5th round pick to Nashville in exchange for a 4th round pick.
start with a 2020 unprotected first

Reactions: Chrisinroch

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
That really is awful news for Weber. Such a great player, despite my dislike for his current jersey. This just feels way too early for a player of his caliber, but long-term health should be his priority. Maybe shutting it down in 2020 could lead to a return in 2021?

Reactions: dukeofjive

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
HHOF or nah?

I'm open to being corrected, but didn't Weber miss out on the Norris twice by razor thin margins?

I'm definitely not saying he's a lock, but I think the comparison to Spezza/ Carter might be selling him short.

EDIT:
I looked it up. Weber lost the 2010/11 Norris to Lidstrom 736 votes to 727 votes (3rd place was Chara with 688 votes). And Weber lost the 2011/12 Norris to Karlsson 1069 votes to 1057 votes (3rd place was Chara again, with 950 votes). That is a tight margin. Feels a lot like the Luongo vs. Brodeur thing.

Last edited:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Has Molson started joining Bergy in the gym to be the third Buff Brother?
The three of them in press conferences in those tight red golf shirts looking yuge

why is a thread about Weber being injured turning into a Molson/Bergevin bash fest

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm open to being corrected, but didn't Weber miss out on the Norris twice by razor thin margins?

I'm definitely not saying he's a lock, but I think the comparison to Spezza/ Carter might be selling him short.

EDIT:
I looked it up. Weber lost the 2010/11 Norris to Lidstrom 736 votes to 727 votes (3rd place was Chara with 688 votes). And Weber lost the 2011/12 Norris to Karlsson 1069 votes to 1057 votes (3rd place was Chara again, with 950 votes). That is a tight margin. Feels a lot like the Luongo vs. Brodeur thing.

The two smallest margin in Norris history not to mention his best season he didn't even get nominated.

I'd say his chances at the Hall are pretty high.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad