8) expected goals for (relative teammates);

on the PP:

1) Points per 60; and
2) Assist (primary and secondary) per 60; and

on the PK:

1) Goals against per 60;
2) Shots against per 60; and
3) scoring chances against per 60.

There are other areas Subban was better at too, but they aren't as relevant to hockey success.

Weber had one amazing month, but he needed a ton of luck and a Subban injury to look even comparable. Subban was the better player before the trade and after the trade. Weber is still a #1D, but Subban has been clearly better for a while now. Weber's probably the more entertaining one now though (with his physicality and slapper). But Subban does the little things better.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nice to see him on skates. Captain will be ready for tonight presentation. Grab that torch Shea.

I was wondering when he would start skating. He should be able to get in good shape the more he pushes himself in the next two months. Something tells me he returns early than expected. It was always a 4-5 month recovery and that put him mid Nov to mid Dec. Habs said mid Dec because they gave a conservative prediction

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Knee surgery was like mid June right? From what I have been reading, it's a 4-5 months recovery time. That puts him somewhere around now to mid November. Mid December is more like 6 months.

This is what I read about Meniscus repairs.

"Meniscus repair is low-risk. Complications are rare. They may include injury to skin nerves, infections, and knee stiffness. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics to help stave off infection. He may also recommend compression stockings to help prevent blood clots."

"If you have a partial or total meniscectomy, you can expect your recovery to take about a month. If your meniscus was repaired, it may take as long as 3 months."
This would be what your doctor tells your or I who are not sports athletes playing pro. So I guess 4-5 months is not far off cause NHL players would need more time?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Hope he recovers properly and they don't rush him back. Team needs him at 100% if they want to compete in a couple years.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Pretty impressed he’s on the ice already, wouldn’t be shocked if he’s playing for us by mid November.
I don't know, he was moving pretty gingerly....hope they don't push him to hard and he comes back fully recovered.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't know, he was moving pretty gingerly....hope they don't push him to hard and he comes back fully recovered.
We're talking about 5 weeks, which is lots of time. Definitely no need to rush him, but I think the Christmas timeline might have been a bit cautious.

Reactions: Deebs

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I'm no athletic therapist but looks like he was just getting a feel of certain positions, techniques more so than testing it. It's an obvious statement but his speed isn't what they care about, it's his comfort level pushing in various positions. I have no clue how far he is.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hope he recovers properly and they don't rush him back. Team needs him at 100% if they want to compete in a couple years.

a few weeks back TSN had an article where Weber said no matter what he won't rush back that he needs to make sure he's 100% or something to that effect.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm no athletic therapist but looks like he was just getting a feel of certain positions, techniques more so than testing it. It's an obvious statement but his speed isn't what they care about, it's his comfort level pushing in various positions. I have no clue how far he is.
I know. That's why I said he was moving gingerly aka cautious

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Except for at ES:

1) Points per 60;
2) Goals per 60;
3) Assist (primary and secondary) per 60;
4) Penalty differential;
5) Corsi % and Corsi % relative teammates;
6) Shots for and against;
7) expected goals for and against; and

on the PP:

1) Points per 60; and

on the PK:

1) Goals against per 60;

There are other areas Subban was better at too, but they aren't as relevant to hockey success.

Weber had one amazing month, but he needed a ton of luck and a Subban injury to look even comparable. Subban was the better player before the trade and after the trade. Weber is still a #1D, but Subban has been clearly better for a while now. Weber's probably the more entertaining one now though (with his physicality and slapper). But Subban does the little things better.

Why use expected goals for and against when you can use actuals. last time I checked the games were won and lost on actuals

2016-17 5 on 5
PK GF60 2.4 GA60 2.6 net -0.2 G60
Weber GF60 2.2 GA60 1.4 Net 0.8 G60

One of these things is not like the other.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Except for at ES:

1) Points per 60;
2) Goals per 60;
3) Assist (primary and secondary) per 60;
4) Penalty differential;
5) Corsi % and Corsi % relative teammates;
6) Shots for and against;
7) expected goals for and against; and

on the PP:

1) Points per 60; and

on the PK:

1) Goals against per 60;

Very true great post

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
Why use expected goals for and against when you can use actuals. last time I checked the games were won and lost on actuals

2016-17 5 on 5

Because when you use actual goals against you're giving skaters credit for the quality of goaltending behind them, which is something they don't control, and quality of goaltending at the other end, which over a single season will have a fair bit of randomness in it.

From 2011-2016 Shea Weber was on-ice for a 7.71% 5on5sh% and 92.7 5on5sv%.

From 2011-2015 P.K. Subban was on-ice for an 8.87% 5on5sh% and 92.44% 5on5sv%

The goalies on the teams stayed the same, why would you expect them to diverge as wildly as they did in the next two seasons because of the play of either defenceman?

2016/17 on-ice sv%: Subban 91.85 Weber 95.46
2017/18 on-ice sv%: Subban 93.4 Weber 89.96

Reactions: Pickles and Peanut

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

2016-17 5 on 5

expected goals for and against are actually slightly more predictive than actual goals and against, but I used both (see numbers 1 to 3).

Reactions: Peanut

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
When Shea comes back, who do you want him to play with? I'm kind of leaning towards Mete as I believe Petry needs Reilly more because of his defensive issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad