Montreal
giphy.gif

Ouch. Did he get suspended for that?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't advocate dirty plays or injuring a player, but that was pretty awesome. Like a movie, grabs his face slams it against the glass and down goes zetterberg. Shea can be a real monster sometimes, I just wish we'd see him use his size and strength and intimidation more in montreal.
I'd rather have a guy that bashes heads than a guy who gets his head bashed.

It's too bad he's injured, his play usually speaks for itself.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't advocate dirty plays or injuring a player, but that was pretty awesome. Like a movie, grabs his face slams it against the glass and down goes zetterberg. Shea can be a real monster sometimes, I just wish we'd see him use his size and strength and intimidation more in montreal.

Rather he hit people with the puck and not have his foot bashed.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Rather he hit people with the puck and not have his foot bashed.

Out power play is really missing that shot. Every game i keep thinking on the PP "just get the puck to that point"

Then I Remeber the only weapon we have back there is petry, which is good. But his shot is no where near as accurate or powerful.

Could be that when shea winds up, players tend to get out of the way - Good luck goalie! Your on your own!

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

How is that awesome ? :laugh:

Reactions: groovejuice

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It's like that stuff where Subban used to slewfoot guys.

I'm not a fan of Weber doing that, nor Subban.

Maybe no injury, maybe heat of the moment but I expect better.
Weber was checked from behind and took exception to it. It was an awesome display of his physical strength. You are right. He should have just waited to catch him in traffic with a “legal” open ice hit and ended his career ALA Scott Stevens...

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Next time include Zet’s check from behind in the clip. Kind of dishonest not to.

I posted the head smash just for fun, because someone said Weber should pull a Zetterberg, and it reminded me of that incident.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Can't wait to see how hes gonna fit with this new fast play team. I'm not really worried cause hes always 2step ahead the play with his IQ despite the fact that hes not quick. He know how to close the ice and he taking a lot of space. But I still need to see him in action

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Can't wait to see how hes gonna fit with this new fast play team. I'm not really worried cause hes always 2step ahead the play with his IQ despite the fact that hes not quick. He know how to close the ice and he taking a lot of space. But I still need to see him in action
I don't see it being too big of an issue. He never really relied on his speed before and he'll have players who I think he'll mesh well with in Mete or Rielly. This team struggles a bit along the boards in their own end so it'll be nice to have him back.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
I don't see it being too big of an issue. He never really relied on his speed before and he'll have players who I think he'll mesh well with in Mete or Rielly. This team struggles a bit along the boards in their own end so it'll be nice to have him back.
Yes true. And the team will also be happy to get him back on the PP. It will open ice for fowards for the cross ice pass as the PK player will be cheating to prevent weber's shot our skills forward will play down low as a 4vs3. And if the ok player don't cheat on Weber then give the puck to the point for a rocket laucher

Reactions: larrypacman8167

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Benn looks fine playing with our fast transition game, so I don't see how it would remotely be an issue for Weber

He didn't look fine on Ovechkin's first goal. Not sure what he was thinking with his positioning at the blue line.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He didn't look fine on Ovechkin's first goal. Not sure what he was thinking with his positioning at the blue line.

Well that's his defensive play. It doesn't have to do with transitioning fast and making quick passes

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
Mete-Weber
Reilly-Juulsen
Schlemko-Petry

Schlemko, I thought was having a good camp before he got injured.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
It's defensive play that would be a concern for me for any player where there's a speed concern.

The goal was much more of a communication issue with Danault than a speed issue, and it has nothing to do with what I said.
A caps player scoring a goal against us is not related to how Weber will play in our fast transition game with OUR fast forwards.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The goal was much more of a communication issue with Danault than a speed issue, and it has nothing to do with what I said.
A caps player scoring a goal against us is not related to how Weber will play in our fast transition game with OUR fast forwards.

Oh ok. Well I'm concerned about Weber's foot speed in the new NHL on the defensive end. I just don't know how he'll do. We'll see when he 's ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad