Shea Weber named captain of the Canadiens

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
So should the team have named another player captain since the obvious and best choice will miss the start of the season? That seems silly, no?
they could go without until man mountain comes back ( which looks like they will). the last thing the habs need now is a lame duck captain with his eye on the calendar.

Gallagher's play warrants the A, Byron is somewhat of a surprise, a little less after the extension. So long as it aint drouin or one of the new guys, I'ts all good.

Reactions: shello

Domonsky

Nov 6, 2016
Montréal
Safe choice...Nobody can complain to much.

But IMO the right choice was gally!
This is the man I want the young players to follow.

But Weber is pretty legit anyway...

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Poor guy won't deserve all the pain he's about to endure from media and fans this upcoming season. lol.

Reactions: HansonBro

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Makes sense. It's not seen as a shot at Gally since he's younger, hasn't been a captain in the NHL, and is still seen as the future. Naming Gally Captain (the only other realistic choice) would have been a shot at Weber and would have made it seem like he had one foot out the door, which with his contract would be difficult. Least awkward choice.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I thought the rule was the best player on the team is made captain. So it’s not Price?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It's cool to have a captain for 30/82 games per year until 2026.
Is it as cool as this?
mJ0_7Q.gif

Reactions: Heart Eater

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
In all seriousness, Weber was a great choice. Only down side is that he will not be on the ice for a couple of months and he needs to be committed to the rebuild.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Captain of a sinking ship unfortunately.

Cocky are we? I can tell you have not watched the Habs this preseason. Let's see who finishes ahead of the other this season: Panthers or Habs. :)

As for Weber, good choice. I still think he should not be on this team (Bergevin be damned), but yea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad