BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Brian Gionta
Max Pacioretty
Washed up Weber

They should have not named a captain. I like how the Leafs will not do so, even with Matthews, Tavares and Rielly. Someone on the first page said they’re scared to, no, I think they want a captain who will be remembered as a great. Shanny saw how the city treated Phaneuf.
Weber would be your best defenseman lol

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
I thought goalies couldn’t wear a C on the ice because they’re supposed to stay in their crease after a play is blown down and a captain needs to be able to skate over to the time keepers box or wherever the ref is at to speak with them at times and goalies couldn’t do that, or at least it would take too much time for them to do it and then back into position for the next play.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Was a joke, I never expected that was a thing tho. What’s the logic behind it?
nothing more than personal bias. The refs are all well known antigoalites, raging antigoalites, jerry.

seriously I heard they didnt want the goalies to shake to center ice to talk to the refs to figure things out which seems like weak sauce

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Why give captaincy to a player who was captain for another team? Clearly he was loyal to the other team and won’t be as loyal to this one. Big mistake.

Also giving captaincy to a glass player. Brutal. At least they have Kotkaniemi.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Weber is a good player and by all accounts a great guy. But this is just stupid. A band-aid, not a long term solution.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Guy breaks his foot blocking a shot (which could happen to anyone), and all of a sudden everyone has forgotten how elite he is....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad