Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
122499.jpg

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
So should the team have named another player captain since the obvious and best choice will miss the start of the season? That seems silly, no?

He's probably the best choice. I don't think Montreal needed to rush an name a captain so soon though. Why not wait a season, let things play out for a while? Just my opinion.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He's probably the best choice. I don't think Montreal needed to rush an name a captain so soon though. Why not wait a season, let things play out for a while? Just my opinion.
What would one season change? It's not like the team has a young player in the lineup now that would be a year away from being a better choice.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think he's the best choice.

it's a bit odd that he's injured for 6 months but if he's your clear pick what's the alternative? Pick a bad choice because he's injured? Or delay 1 year? Seems silly. Habs already went without a captain in recent past.

As a habs fan i'm happy with it. Weber has a very thick skin - he'll handle it fine.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
What would one season change? It's not like the team has a young player in the lineup now that would be a year away from being a better choice.

Understandable. But what happens if Weber comes back with even worse mobility than before and has trouble getting back to speed with for an extended period of time? It may to take time for him to be effective again (if ever), and the media is going to be up his ass for poor play. Then you have stories about washed up captain Shea Weber. No garauntees of that happening, but it's possible after such a major injury.

I just think they should have waited a year, get him playing again, make sure there are going to be no lingering issues for the season and start fresh next offseason. I guess I just don't see the rush, but that's fine.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Organization is in a mess, Weber's been captain before and is signed for another 7 years. He's basically the face of the franchise skater wise and Price can't be captain. They put all their money on Weber and are just doubling down. It's pretty obvious choice, no need to wait.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

I don't understand why they would wait if he's the guy. Toronto is the only organization afraid to name a captain.

Reactions: TychoFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad