Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Just how often have you been in the dressing room exactly?
It's really funny how the two most seemingly introverted players, two key leaders in Markov and Price, were his best buddies. You'd think someone who's too big and annoying would get on their nerves. Maybe he really wasn't as bad as things were made out? Oh no...that's impossible. Habs Fans who have never been in the room know the real issues right??..:facepalm:

I have no doubt that the dressing room issues are grossly exaggerated. Not too mention how happy/close a dressing room is, directly correlates to how much the team is winning.

As for Markov, he probably loved the fact that the spotlight was always on PK because that way it was rarely on him.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You seriously think that guy doesn’t rub people the wrong way? This has been talked about his whole career. Plus, why else would they deal the guy?
This has been talked about sure, yet no proof or stories ever came out. I think the only one is PK putting his Jersey on the floor and Gill telling him to pick it up. Gill also praised PK and told people to let him be.
Poile explained why he was moved, it was discussed ad nauseam. PK was a commendable teammate in Nashville, nothing but good things coming out of there. He was moved because they needed to make room for 1) Duchene and 2) Josi will need extension.
That's it that's all.

Has it never occurred to you that maybe..you're just wrong about the guy?..

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I got no clue but generally speaking the introverts aren't the ones who clash.

It's the extroverts. Saying the guys who don't take up a lot of room didn't mind Subban being too big then...sure.

What happens is when you have these dominant, extroverted types clashing, both wanting attention and room. If one guy takes too much, it rubs people the wrong way.

As for Subban. Who knows. Who cares. He's gone now.
Well apparently he had this big clash with Patches because our captain didnt laugh at his joke...Who's anything but an extrovert..loll

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
so I was listening to tsn690 yesterday with Pierre McGuire and Mitch Melnick mentioned that Shea Weber was being moved down low near the center position so that he could utilize his shot better and the team could get more rebounds since he’ll be up close to the goalie.

Anyone else hear of that?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Ok so Weber shoots super hard and everyone knows it, but am I alone in thinking that he looks like he misses the net a lot? He got 8 shots on goal yesterday which is crazy on its own but he could have had a couple more in OT and on the PP :eek:

Also Petry and Weber had 7+8 = 15 shots last night on goal :laugh: that's half the shots for the Habs!!!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ok so Weber shoots super hard and everyone knows it, but am I alone in thinking that he looks like he misses the net a lot? He got 8 shots on goal yesterday which is crazy on its own but he could have had a couple more in OT and on the PP :eek:

Also Petry and Weber had 7+8 = 15 shots last night on goal :laugh: that's half the shots for the Habs!!!

Misses a lot.
His passing is also pretty clunky, which slows down the puck movement on the PP considerably.

Ppl love the hits, and he does put up points (though how much is he a catalyst vs a reflection of the minutes/situations/linemates he plays with is debatable)....

But through the start of this year, he looks stiff & slow for a #1D. Will be interesting (in a train wreck sorta way) to see how he looks through this year & next... I suspect that sooner than we would hope, his play won't be on par with how we need to use him (top pairing).

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Misses a lot.
His passing is also pretty clunky, which slows down the puck movement on the PP considerably.

Ppl love the hits, and he does put up points (though how much is he a catalyst vs a reflection of the minutes/situations/linemates he plays with is debatable)....

But through the start of this year, he looks stiff & slow for a #1D. Will be interesting (in a train wreck sorta way) to see how he looks through this year & next... I suspect that sooner than we would hope, his play won't be on par with how we need to use him (top pairing).
He was skating very well yesterday. Good speed and quickness, good lateral movement... no issues against one of the faster teams on the league. 27 minutes, no issues.

Reactions: Vachon23 and the

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Misses a lot.

He will quickly become an above average #5 D that can kill penalties. Resigning Petry will be important and hopefully one of our young RD becomes a bonafide #1.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Leaf fan here, this guy is still a stud, only draw back I saw last night was that you guys seemed to be forcing it to him on the PP, though I don't think that's his fault.

Yeah a lot fans here have their own internal biases, and agenda driven narratives. So it's incredibly challenging in getting actual objective views, rather than subjective which has always been the plight of this board.

Which I guess is sports in a nutshell, but it would be incredibly refreshing to have actual conversation that is coming from a more neutral place. It would create a much more evolving conversation than devolving that this board has been trending towards over the years.

One can only dream tho. ;)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah a lot fans here have their own internal biases, and agenda driven narratives. So it's incredibly challenging in getting actual objective views, rather than subjective which has always been the plight of this board.

Which I guess is sports in a nutshell, but it would be incredibly refreshing to have actual conversation that is coming from a more neutral place. It would create a much more evolving conversation than devolving that this board has been trending towards over the years.

One can only dream tho. ;)

amen

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Mete is THE problem. Not the ideal partner for Weber.
I think they'll try Chiarot next, but among current personnel I want Kulak to get a shot.

Mete and Petry could be interesting to try against the right opponent. Or we can stress test Kulak and Chiarot and lean on the top4, and playing mete-fleury less.

Kulak-Weber
Mete-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury

OR

Kulak/Chiarot-Weber
Chiarot/Kulak-Petry
Mete-Fleury

I don't want to see Reilly yet.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think they'll try Chiarot next, but among current personnel I want Kulak to get a shot.

Mete and Petry could be interesting to try against the right opponent. Or we can stress test Kulak and Chiarot and lean on the top4, and playing mete-fleury less.

Kulak-Weber
Mete-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury

OR

Kulak/Chiarot-Weber
Chiarot/Kulak-Petry
Mete-Fleury

I don't want to see Reilly yet.

Kulak is the worst defenseman since the start of the season no way we put him with Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad