Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBettman

Aug 7, 2019
I want to see Weber cause havoc In front of the net on a power play just for jokes I feel like it could work

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It's ultra-previsible when he receives the puck... He press only the circle button... It makes his shots not menacing. Whether it's off the net or adding rebounds... Do like some unpredictable moves...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He was skating very well yesterday. Good speed and quickness, good lateral movement... no issues against one of the faster teams on the league. 27 minutes, no issues.

Not what I saw...

Petry, Rielly, Barrie... Those guys showed good skating, quickness, puck skills.
Weber was noticeably a step below.

27min....? And?
Chiarot played 26... Not indicative of quality.
Also, if min are your metric... Petry got more ice time... Perhaps CJ already knows weber isn't even the #1D at this point...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm sure Weber will have a lengthy career. He is a smart hockey player that will get away because of his excellent positioning. That being said, he isn't exactly the top end #1 dman he was when we got him.

Reactions: Miller Time

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
I'm sure Weber will have a lengthy career. He is a smart hockey player that will get away because of his excellent positioning. That being said, he isn't exactly the top end #1 dman he was when we got him.
Not much has changed in his game, which is great for us. When he eventually slows down, you move him down in the lineup and carry on or trade him.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Not what I saw...

Petry, Rielly, Barrie... Those guys showed good skating, quickness, puck skills.
Weber was noticeably a step below.

27min....? And?
Chiarot played 26... Not indicative of quality.
Also, if min are your metric... Petry got more ice time... Perhaps CJ already knows weber isn't even the #1D at this point...
No kidding man, those guys are elite skaters. One must use some common sense when comparing those types of things

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not much has changed in his game, which is great for us. When he eventually slows down, you move him down in the lineup and carry on or trade him.
His skating has gone down quite a bit. If he even pinches a little, he has to count on Price and/or Mete to bail him out. I think it would be wise to trade him to Seattle during the expansion draft.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
His skating has gone down quite a bit. If he even pinches a little, he has to count on Price and/or Mete to bail him out. I think it would be wise to trade him to Seattle during the expansion draft.
According to his coaches it hasn't but who knows. Nobody is untouchable if it makes the team better.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
I'm pretty sure Jeff Petry is our most used dman since March. Of course he is still a great player, but he's definitely gotten worse.
I don't know any that don't as they age, it's just the rate of the decline that is signficant and lucky for us, it's been minimal with Weber.

Petey is a good defensemen...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No kidding man, those guys are elite skaters. One must use some common sense when comparing those types of things

& How many top #1D in the league do you think aren't elite skaters?

I simply stated that Weber looked ill-suited to last much longer as a clear #1 Dman, in large part because his mobility & skating are getting increasingly laborious... & he lacks the puck skills to mask/mitigate those issues (the way a guy like Markov could)

Common sense is to recognizes that the clock is ticking... Louder & faster by the day.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't know any that don't as they age, it's just the rate of the decline that is signficant and lucky for us, it's been minimal with Weber.

Petey is a good defensemen...

Minimal?

Wow, you must have had quite a low opinion of him when he got here.

Most considered him still an elite #1d at that point... Now? He's regularly left out of any discussions about top Dmen in the league. Wasn't even included in a poll by the NHL network that went 25 Dmen deep

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Minimal?

Wow, you must have had quite a low opinion of him when he got here.

Most considered him still an elite #1d at that point... Now? He's regularly left out of any discussions about top Dmen in the league. Wasn't even included in a poll by the NHL network that went 25 Dmen deep
and Habs own coach seem to think Petry is ahead.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's ultra-previsible when he receives the puck... He press only the circle button... It makes his shots not menacing. Whether it's off the net or adding rebounds... Do like some unpredictable moves...

AO does the same thing from the same spot,yet succeeds.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Washington also has other threats, like Carlson on the point for example. That PP in OT was painful to watch, literally their only plan was to get it to weber for the bomb. Another shooting threat on the right side would help our pp immensely.

Ya it was clear what they wanted to do and Weber did unload a few times,just not on target. His misses didn't create and rebounds. Still early on in the season and that was an unusual situation,4 on 3. At least they had many shots,almost as many as Tampa had in a whole friggin game.

Reactions: Frank Drebin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->