Online Series: She-Hulk Disney+

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
My wife and I can't be the only ones that thought the season finale was one of the worst episodes of a show ever, right? We thought the rest of it was decent enough but the finale totally ruined everything

What the hell was the thinking behind that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
My wife and I can't be the only ones that thought the season finale was one of the worst episodes of a show ever, right? We thought the rest of it was decent enough but the fubale totally ruined everything

It was literally like the comic. Did you read the free comic that was behind the QR code on the writer's room door? That's just an example of the kind of stories She-Helk has on her own comic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
IT was literally like the comic. Did you read the free comic that was behind the QR code on the writer's room door? That's just an example of the kind of stories She-Helk has on her own comic.
Nah, I didn't. I just thought the finale was a complete waste and ruined the entire series

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nah, I didn't. I just thought the finale was a complete waste and ruined the entire series
The finale was the true She-Hulk show and was the most accurate comic-to-live action adaptation. I did my research before the show, never read the comics but saw a bunch of panels from the comic. She doesn't just break the 4th wall, she demolishes smashes it. And she did it before Deadpool. In the free comic, she goes to Marvel HQ and complains about the writing/stories on her comic. As I've mentioned in the thread before, the finale was like very much like the Moonlighting show in the mid-to-late 80's so I was very much used to it.

Last edited:

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
My wife and I can't be the only ones that thought the season finale was one of the worst episodes of a show ever, right? We thought the rest of it was decent enough but the finale totally ruined everything

I have the complete opposite opinion. Not that I liked the finale much, it's still half-assed and it's a complete miss on the Daredevil character, but at least it wasn't just on-the-nose gender comment and desperate lady humor - they tried something. IMO didn't work that well (could have been so much better), but it was different enough to be interesting. And well, on the auto-reflexivity level, they hit the jackpot: she's right, the problem with the show is the dumb writers! ;-)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have the complete opposite opinion. Not that I liked the finale much, it's still half-assed and it's a complete miss on the Daredevil character, but at least it wasn't just on-the-nose gender comment and desperate lady humor - they tried something. IMO didn't work that well (could have been so much better), but it was different enough to be interesting. And well, on the auto-reflexivity level, they hit the jackpot: she's right, the problem with the show is the dumb writers! ;-)
That is if you think the Netflix version is the only live action version of the character. He is not like that in the comics all the time. Frank Miller Daredevil isn't the default Daredevil.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
That is if you think the Netflix version is the only live action version of the character. He is not like that in the comics all the time. Frank Miller Daredevil isn't the default Daredevil.
I get that, but it really looks like the same actor, so to me changing the character now, with Cox playing him, feels like a (dumb) miss. Maybe it's brilliant and I don't see it. I had the exact same feeling when Kingpin was ripping a car apart in Hawkeye (a very sad reminder of how he already killed someone with a car door in a better show).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I get that, but it really looks like the same actor, so to me changing the character now, with Cox playing him, feels like a (dumb) miss. Maybe it's brilliant and I don't see it. I had the exact same feeling when Kingpin was ripping a car apart in Hawkeye (a very sad reminder of how he already killed someone with a car door in a better show).
The Hawkeye version of Kingpin was much more closer to the comic Kingpin when it comes to fighting. He literally went toe-to-toe with Spider-Man several times.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
The finale was the true She-Hulk show and was the most accurate comic-to-live action adaptation. I did my research before the show, never read the comics but saw a bunch of panels from the comic. She doesn't just break the 4th wall, she demolishes smashes it. And she did it before Deadpool. In the free comic, she goes to Marvel HQ and complains about the writing/stories on her comic. As I've mentioned in the thread before, the finale was like very much like the Moonlighting show in the mid-to-late 80's so I was very much used to it.
I really don't care how close to the source material it was. I feel like it was just executed quite poorly. It could have probably worked if they did it better.

Reactions: Guardian17

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I really don't care how close to the source material it was. I feel like it was just executed quite poorly. It could have probably worked if they did it better.
It went exactly as it was intended to. Stuff happens that doesn't make sense, She-Hulk takes it up with the writers. That is the whole point of her stories.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't know why you have to defend everything Marvel does, especially when someone points out something they don't like.

ee0f7cf745aea722029abf420a79f868.png

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014

I thought the show was one of the worst things ever and the finale was also one of the worst things ever, so I at least agree with you on that. See my review above. You'll easily find it by looking for the floating dumpster fire gif.
It was literally like the comic. Did you read the free comic that was behind the QR code on the writer's room door? That's just an example of the kind of stories She-Helk has on her own comic.
Just because you break the fourth wall like the comic does, it doesn't mean you do it well. I believe you posted the ending from Moonlighting. I'd never seen Moonlighting, but I could tell from that few minutes the characters had charisma and chemistry and the writing was at least fun. It made me actually want to check out that show.

She-Hulk's ending was fine in concept, but the execution was a turd sandwich, in my opinion.

"Actors are pretty stupid"
-Sir Anthony Hopkins

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad