Online Series: She-Hulk Disney+

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, Hulk characters aren't dependent on physically fit and built bodies like other characters.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Sure, if they want to go full CGI Hulk, but the She-Hulk could actually be played by a fit woman. She was rarely that bulky in the books.
Bigger movies/shows like this have proven time and time again that they don't want to put too much thought to body type for female action characters, at least those who are in the lead role. Brie is in that wrestling show, I feel like casting could look at something like that and just say "good enough". I think the bigger consideration would be to height for her as she's only 5'3. I think the character of Jennifer Walters is nearly 6'0 in most of the representations of her. It's kind of like the Gal Gadot thing for Wonder Woman, she didn't have the typical body type for the role, but she did have the height and overall look otherwise.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Bigger movies/shows like this have proven time and time again that they don't want to put too much thought to body type for female action characters, at least those who are in the lead role. Brie is in that wrestling show, I feel like casting could look at something like that and just say "good enough". I think the bigger consideration would be to height for her as she's only 5'3. I think the character of Jennifer Walters is nearly 6'0 in most of the representations of her. It's kind of like the Gal Gadot thing for Wonder Woman, she didn't have the typical body type for the role, but she did have the height and overall look otherwise.
True, in my first post I was more thinking about height. But they care even less about height (Thor and Wolverine, for instance).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
True, in my first post I was more thinking about height. But they care even less about height (Thor and Wolverine, for instance).

I believe at one time they had Thor in marvel comics as something like 8 feet or taller but these days they have him listed at 6 feet 6 inches but his weight is an insane 640 lsb.

Sure, if they want to go full CGI Hulk, but the She-Hulk could actually be played by a fit woman. She was rarely that bulky in the books.

I would not be surprised if they did since it has been said over and over that each show will be like a mini movie and have a much higher budget that a normal TV show would have.

Anyways I nothing is confirmed I just posted the speculation as a number of outlets independently reported about her as the obvious option because of the casting call.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I believe at one time they had Thor in marvel comics as something like 8 feet or taller but these days they have him listed at 6 feet 6 inches but his weight is an insane 640 lsb.

I would not be surprised if they did since it has been said over and over that each show will be like a mini movie and have a much higher budget that a normal TV show would have.

Anyways I nothing is confirmed I just posted the speculation as a number of outlets independently reported about her as the obvious option because of the casting call.
Oh, I didn't know they shrunk Thor again. It has been a while since I read Marvel. That weight, though...

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I could never see Disney being able to use a non-CGI approach for She Hulk at this stage. Most people's expectations would be to see something similar to how they've handled the Hulk thus far.

They're budgeting for productions that rival the films, so it's not a cost issue. Biggest challenge is if the character is more human like, you veer into uncanny valley territory with a cgi rendering, but the Endgame Hulk was well received, that I don't think it will be an issue for them.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Anyone here a fan of She-Hulk? Never even came across her myself so I don’t know much about her.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Anyone here a fan of She-Hulk? Never even came across her myself so I don’t know much about her.

I stopped collecting comics in the mid 90's, but I remember Sensational She-Hulk being written and drawn by John Byrne. The comics were pretty satirical and regularly broke the 4th wall, sort of like a clean version of Deadpool humour.

Not sure how the character evolved from then.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
"Yeah, I'm a big She-Hulk fan" said no one ever. :laugh:

I'm guessing she's just a female version of the Hulk. Not very interesting in my opinion.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I'm guessing she's just a female version of the Hulk. Not very interesting in my opinion.

You could say the same thing about Hawkeye, Black Widow, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc....

These were all boring, C-list/supplementary characters before the MCU that only got screen time because Marvel didn't have much to work with because they sold off the movie rights to the most popular characters to keep from going bankrupt in the 90's. They turned out okay.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Far from it. While she did have the same savage, angry form as the Hulk did at first, she quickly gained back her intelligence and has continued her career as a lawyer and embarrassed being green and practices law and lives in that form all the time.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
hmm I dont know much about She Hulk feels like were completely done the A listers and getting into the B,C and D listers. I hope MCU can keep the magic going forward. they have been quite impressive in terms for how far they brought the Super Hero genre. it wasn;t looking good before with the original X-Men's being prettymuch the best Hero movies. Dare-Devil and Electra sure didn't help and Batman was a mess. I can't remember if in 08 when Iron Man started if Christopher Nolan's Batman's started but that;s the best we got before MCU really got going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->