Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He was so good in the 2017-2018 season and was voted 10th for the Norris trophy, and now he’s sunk so low that he was sent down to the AHL for a couple of games.
Injuries/surgeries had him in the AHL, not due to poor play. Idk if you just didn’t know that or created a poor story to back your point of view.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Feel like MTL would be in on it
Would have been till we saw what he was during these playoffs.The Flyers can keep him.He was complete garbage.So bad that the Flyers benched him in the playoffs against the lowly Habs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Drouin has zero interest to Flyers fans. Stop with that nonsense.

1)He would not be on the pp1. They are not benching Giroux, or Provorov (only D on pp1) on left side for Drouin. Ask any Flyers fan and we all screamed how Giroux was misused first half for not being on left side. With Drouin on pp2 he is at best 40 point 1 way player. For Drouin or Ghost to be traded it takes the other team to put him on pp1 else the the trade is stupid. HARD PASS.

2)You cannot play Drouin against other teams top line and Flyers all ready have that problem on lw with JVR. To play Drouin or JVR against even Malkin line come playoff time is suicide. You cannot win playoff hockey that way. I want players that add to playoff team wins. Not players that add to points and minus on plus minus at 5x5.

3)You are dumping Farabee's development for Drouin? NO THANK YOU! Give me the 2 way forward who needs experience and upper body strength to be good. Not the forward who can't play D.

4)The value of Ghost is a 2 and b+ prospect. And most Flyers fans say no thank you. Only reason is if you are star hunting. If you need to dump Ghost to trade for Johnny Hockey that case makes sense. To sign Hall for say 9.5-10m would be DUMB.
As bad as Drouin has been he still has greater value than Ghost.
Strange but Drouin >>Ghost as shown in this yrs playoffs.

Reactions: DarthProbert

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Petry isn’t better than ghost and we both know that, weber yes and that’s why I said them on the same line lmao, you want me to be honest I wouldn’t trade you braun for petry straight up
:laugh: Petry and a level or 2 above Ghost. The playoffs and the last 2 seasons have proved that.
Braun or Ghost would't get you a sniff of Petry's jock.

Reactions: Zahra Starker

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Flyers fans were adamant this guy got much more responsible defensively, which is why his point totals dropped. Now he doesn't even play, even as a 6D. What happened?

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Flyers fans were adamant this guy got much more responsible defensively, which is why his point totals dropped. Now he doesn't even play, even as a 6D. What happened?

AV has repeatedly shown a penchant for relying on "reliable" veteran scrubs, even going so far as to giving Nate Thompson almost as much even strength time as top 6 players in some games as well as chasing a Thompson-Barzal/Suzuki matchup despite getting Thompson getting constantly caved. They also go into a complete shell once they get a lead, which they got away with against Montreal but have blown a 3 goal lead and a 1 goal lead already against the Isles. When playing, Ghost has been their 4th best dman after Provorov/Sanheim/Myers, and even Ghost detractors can agree on that. In other words, don't assume him not playing every game is because he hasn't played like a top 6D, it's more that this coaching staff has been a HUGE disappointment so far this playoffs.

That said, I don't expect Ghost to have a ton of value around the league. I think injuries have accumulated and he's not as dynamic as he once was. If he's traded in the off season, it will more than likely be a trade that Flyers fans rage over.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
AV has repeatedly shown a penchant for relying on "reliable" veteran scrubs, even going so far as to giving Nate Thompson almost as much even strength time as top 6 players in some games as well as chasing a Thompson-Barzal/Suzuki matchup despite getting Thompson getting constantly caved. They also go into a complete shell once they get a lead, which they got away with against Montreal but have blown a 3 goal lead and a 1 goal lead already against the Isles. When playing, Ghost has been their 4th best dman after Provorov/Sanheim/Myers, and even Ghost detractors can agree on that. In other words, don't assume him not playing every game is because he hasn't played like a top 6D, it's more that this coaching staff has been a HUGE disappointment so far this playoffs.

That said, I don't expect Ghost to have a ton of value around the league. I think injuries have accumulated and he's not as dynamic as he once was. If he's traded in the off season, it will more than likely be a trade that Flyers fans rage over.
Ghost has been scratched because he can single-handedly cost his team the game. Flyers fans have overrated this guy for years, and not surprisingly, the most success they've experienced in the last 8 years has come with him in the press box.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Ghost has been scratched because he can single-handedly cost his team the game. Flyers fans have overrated this guy for years, and not surprisingly, the most success they've experienced in the last 8 years has come with him in the press box.

That's just blatantly and clownishly wrong. Ghost is capable of the same goal costing mistakes as half the defencemen in the league make on a fairly regular basis. Pre-injury Ghost was also capable of making game breaking plays that few dmen in the league could make. Post injury Ghost is still a net positive.

But I suppose the lack of success over the past 8 years is squarely on Ghost, even the 3 years before he was in the NHL and the first 3 years of his NHL career when he averaged .68 ppg and the 2 years he received Norris Votes...

Reactions: Vikke

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Canucks could use a player like Ghost. We lack offense from the right side of our D and don't really have anyone coming up that is a lock for ice time. I would look at a Virtanen for Ghost type deal. I think he is one of the things the Canucks need and his cap hit is reasonable for the player you could be getting.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Unless I'm mistaken, the Flyers need to deal Gostibehere or risk having him selected by Seattle in the Expansion Draft for nothing? They can only protect 3 defensemen, which I'm sure will be:

Provorov
Sanheim
Myers

If I'm wrong, my apologies.

Reactions: Flukeshot

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Canucks could use a player like Ghost. We lack offense from the right side of our D and don't really have anyone coming up that is a lock for ice time. I would look at a Virtanen for Ghost type deal. I think he is one of the things the Canucks need and his cap hit is reasonable for the player you could be getting.

I don't understand this. The Canucks have a better Ghost in Hughes. Both are LHD and both thrive on PP1. There's only one puck to go around and I wouldn't endorse booting Hughes off the top PP for Ghost. And, unless Ghost is hogging up PP time and putting up points, he's average at best. IMO, the last thing the Canucks need is another offensive-minded PP defenseman. Having two like that is a recipe for disaster--look at Toronto this year when they added Barrie. Unless Barrie was getting top PP time (which Rielly was) he was highly ineffective and wasted. The Canucks could use solid, puck-moving D that are above average in their own end. They would be better off with a Sanheim or Myers (from Philly) than a Ghost.

bretpatrick7

Apr 17, 2015
Petry isn’t better than ghost and we both know that, weber yes and that’s why I said them on the same line lmao, you want me to be honest I wouldn’t trade you braun for petry straight up
Petry isn't better than ghost? Ghost was BENCHED, while Petry was one of the most coveted players at trade deadline. Ghost would be a gamble on the second line at BEST. Honestly i wouldnt touch Ghost with a 10 foot pole, even less with the salary he is making with his poor performances.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Pens offer the return they get for Murray. Yeah, I know it ain't happening. But he'd be ideal in Pittsburgh.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Have no interest in trading Domi for Ghost. Ghost play has dropped so much i wouldn't even consider Drouin for Him let alone Domi
Ghost had his best game of the year in the round robin. Given consistent playing time I expect a return to form for ghost next season.

I don't know that even if he had another off year he'd get less than some of these offers.

I don't think the flyers will be protecting him in the expansion draft but he can absolutely play himself on to a team who will.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If they get a guy on the third pair that can be relied on defencively I think Ghost could make a decent come back next season. He definitely needs to round out his game, but in a sheltered role he can still bring the offence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad