Value of: Shayne Gostisbehere

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I would much rather keep Drouin.

Sergechev for Drouin for Ghost would just be ghastly asset management.

Eh, depends on a few things. If Drouin plays like he did at the start of this season and it's not really injuries slowing Ghost down, but rather he's just sucking, then yeah. If Drouin plays like he has aside from the start of this season and Ghost plays like he did before the injuries, then we make that trade look better.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Weber and Petry are both easily better.
Petry isn’t better than ghost and we both know that, weber yes and that’s why I said them on the same line lmao, you want me to be honest I wouldn’t trade you braun for petry straight up

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
A few seasons ago, Gostisbehere had 65 points in 78 games. He seemed like he was going to be one of the better offensive d-men in the league. Ever since 2017/2018, he has declined at a sharp rate. Now, it looks like he is stuck in AV's doghouse. He has 12 points in 42 games, and he's been a scratch for much of the season. As he has 4.5 million per year left at 3 years, I'm wondering what it would take to pry Ghost out of Philadelphia.
Straight up for a 2and. That's all

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Petry isn’t better than ghost and we both know that, weber yes and that’s why I said them on the same line lmao, you want me to be honest I wouldn’t trade you braun for petry straight up
Petry is better than Ghost and much higher floor at this time.

Now if you are saying 3 years of Ghost is more valuable than one year of Petry make your argument.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I'd love him on the Panthers. Unfortunately, Matheson, who would have to go, plus a first or one of our better forward prospects shouldn't even entice the Flyers.

Meta comment: whatever y'all did to these boards encourages double posting.
Is Matheson that poor defensively? Know 18-19 was not best year defensively. Of Florida games I watched I admit I wasn't paying attention to him. Thanks!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Well, at least you're honest about how bad your homerism is.

Petry would have also been the flyers top producing dman and the flyers. Flyers scored almost 20 more goals in 2 less games. Petry is likely to have even more points on the flyers while providing a great skating defenseman who's also good in his own end.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Understood and easy pass for Flyers UNLESS they are star hunting and need cap room which I hope not.
Think it's a pretty easy pass for most teams . He may fetch a tad more at trade deadline but his value has really dropped. For a straight up trade most teams would be comfortable with a low 2and round pick .. flyer cryers can keep him

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Is Matheson that poor defensively? Know 18-19 was not best year defensively. Of Florida games I watched I admit I wasn't paying attention to him. Thanks!
It's a system thing to a point, IMO, but he's not a consistently good or reliable defender to say the least.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Petry would have also been the flyers top producing dman and the flyers. Flyers scored almost 20 more goals in 2 less games. Petry is likely to have even more points on the flyers while providing a great skating defenseman who's also good in his own end.

Petry wouldn't be on Flyers pp 1 so no shot he would have most points. Flyers 4f 1d and right side is Konecky and Voracek.

Petry is a solid player who at 32 years old (33 when free agent)I am not extending/offering contract. Fantastic one year rental poor 4 year extension candidate.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Petry is a much better player than Ghost when you take into consideration all-round play. Ghost is a one-dimensional dman. That said, i can see the Habs having interest as they need that dimension on the back-end.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Petry is better than Ghost and much higher floor at this time.

Now if you are saying 3 years of Ghost is more valuable than one year of Petry make your argument.
He has much higher potential than petry does I should’ve elaborated, I think everyone knows ghost still can be ghost when given the right minutes and used right, he would thrive on a team like Montreal where in philly he is getting pushed out from our defensive depth and how they are playing

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

The team probably would’ve given up 20 more goals having petry tho

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Petry wouldn't be on Flyers pp 1 so no shot he would have most points. Flyers 4f 1d and right side is Konecky and Voracek.

Petry is a solid player who at 32 years old (33 when free agent)I am not extending/offering contract. Fantastic one year rental poor 4 year extension candidate.

That makes sense as to why that wouldn't have him on there. However, if Petry just magically popped on the team, Vigenault, at least at the start would give the right side to Petry, especially if it's him, or Konency because coaches like veterans over youngsters for whatever reason.

The team probably would’ve given up 20 more goals having petry tho

Not really. He has his bad moments, then next game he plays tremendous. Unless he was at his crap phase when the season was halted, then the Flyers would be 2-3 more than they are now.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
That makes sense as to why that wouldn't have him on there. However, if Petry just magically popped on the team, Vigenault, at least at the start would give the right side to Petry, especially if it's him, or Konency because coaches like veterans over youngsters for whatever reason.

Not really. He has his bad moments, then next game he plays tremendous. Unless he was at his crap phase when the season was halted, then the Flyers would be 2-3 more than they are now.
So you would give the power play to a 32-33 year old 1 year year rental because he is older over Konecky because we don't like 23 year olds having career years and scoring just short of a ppg. Glad you aren't AV.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

If you put Petry on the Flyers he would be the 3rd pair D 2nd line pp and score 30-35 points. Flyers need want Provorov, Sanheim to grow in aggression on offense and not vets who are gone in one year. It is why Niskanen was perfect trade as he is a veteran influence on Provorov and can be effective stay at home guy when Provorov pinches. Petry's strengths are pp1 and puck control/outlets. They are not stay at home guy.

I am not saying Petry isn't good and if you are a team needing a pp1 d guy you absolutely should inquire. I am not saying Petry isn't valuable to Canadians. Of course he is. But stop with Petry over Konecky over PP. That is just as much homerism as Braun over Petry.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
It only takes one good offer,
but its hard to see Flyers getting full value for Ghost after this incomplete season,
(obvi if Habs offered Drouin, but i doubt thats likely.

And already the shadow of Expansion Draft is a consideration, no team wants to overpay for a guy they may need to expose... and almost every team will face tough decisions re which D to protect...

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
And already the shadow of Expansion Draft is a consideration, no team wants to overpay for a guy they may need to expose... and almost every team will face tough decisions re which D to protect...
DING DING DING If you have 3 good d guys to keep you aren't trading more than Scraps for Ghost. And rather have Ghost than scraps.

Reactions: klingsor

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
If Gost is moved (and I do not want him to be moved) I young want top 6 forward back. At least 20 goal scorer. If not I rather go
Sanheim Myers
Provorov Niskanen
Gostisbehere Hagg
Friedman/Morin (if he ever decides to play hockey again)

next season with Hart. No reason to move Gostisbehere for less.

Trading Gost for 2nd round pick and some maybe prospect does nothing. Flyers were playing like a contender and Gost makes our D even better.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
If Gost is moved (and I do not want him to be moved) I young want top 6 forward back. At least 20 goal scorer. If not I rather go
Sanheim Myers
Provorov Niskanen
Gostisbehere Hagg
Friedman/Morin (if he ever decides to play hockey again)

next season with Hart. No reason to move Gostisbehere for less.

Trading Gost for 2nd round pick and some maybe prospect does nothing. Flyers were playing like a contender and Gost makes our D even better.

young top 6 forward 20 goal scorer for a guy that was scratched for 20 games because he was too shit defensively ?? Ouch

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
young top 6 forward 20 goal scorer for a guy that was scratched for 20 games because he was too shit defensively ?? Ouch

Was that the time he was injured and had surgery, the time he was conditioning in the AHL, or the time the Flyers were on a 9 game win streak so they didn't make line-up changes?

I agree it's too much at this point. So therefore he's worth more to us than trading him for low values. A 2nd or a player like Drouin isn't likely to get the Flyers to trade Ghost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->