Eklund Rumor: Shattenkirk talks heating up. Krejci involved??

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Does HF hold the stance that flaming Eklund is different than flaming Dreger or any other guy that will post rumors?

There's a difference between questioning the content of the rumor vs dumping on the thread itself simply due to the source. This is not really "flaming" so much as thread derailment. "Threadworthiness" posts are unwanted clutter no matter the topic/source.

"I don't believe X source because" followed by a good hockey reason is fine.
"Another Eklund thread why does HF allow these!?!?" is not.
"It's Eklund" or "oh great another Eklund thread" are not.

I think mouser's post from the rule, as quoted earlier in the thread, pretty much covers it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There's a difference between questioning the content of the rumor vs dumping on the thread itself simply due to the source. This is not really "flaming" so much as thread derailment. "Threadworthiness" posts are unwanted clutter no matter the topic/source.

I think mouser's post from the rule, as quoted earlier in the thread, pretty much covers it.

Fair enough.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Even on mobile you should be seeing the stickied rules thread at the very top of the page. There's nothing in there about "if you can't see the Eklund tag on mobile then it's OK to ignore all the other rules". Just exit the thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1927073

;)

That defeats the purpose of tagging Eklund threads.

The tag is there so posters can easily identify threads with Eklund as a source and decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussion. If folks don't care for this thread the forums are filled with thousands of other discussions they can participate in. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read these threads.

I can't easily identify threads with Eklund as a source on the Mobile platform. I could be participating in thousands of other threads, but I instead end up wasting my time entering and exiting a thread.

giphy.gif

;)

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
That has rarely stopped people before from being moved.

I dont understand why the blues would do this. It would have made more sense to keep backes
instead of trade for a guy who seems to be hurt all the time.
In the off season Krejci said he wants to stay a Bruin, and he is currently raising a family. So yes, his NMC will likely stop him from getting traded.
It's very likely st Louis would be one of the teams on the list I think... can't use the NMC to rain on this parade but that said the deal doesn't make alot of sense for managing the cap
Even if St. Louis is on the list, like you mentioned, it doesn't make sense for the Bruins cap wise, but in my opinion, asset wise as well.
In case you aren't aware.... Chara isn't 27 years old or anything...
Trading a #1C signed that has a longer term for an upcoming UFA #3/4D that is going to get a big raise or potentially leave your team once the season is over is horrible asset management when the Bruins will have a prospect like McAvoy ready to make the jump next season. Getting a RHD does not fix the Bruins problem that Chara, who has been playing a lot better than he has the last two seasons, is getting older as the two play different positions. If the Bruins want to add a #4RD this season for a playoff run, they aren't going to trade a #1C for one.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Now we know Shatty for Krejci definitely won't happen. His rumors are all made up. In this case, the rumor floated before, and he decided why not rehash it, makes it look like GMs returned to old thoughts. Can't believe people post his rumors. He's been proven a fraud so many times.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Weighing in on the rumour itself, if true it would be a welcome move for the Blues - and bad for anyone else in the Central. But I don't see Boston moving Krejci any time soon. Have they been rumoured to be shopping him at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Trade Shattenkirk for a coaching staff who can generate offense with all the talent that's on the roster.

On the roster, Shattenkirk is second to points under Tarasenko. He's been a solid contributor to offense and trading him for a player that Hitch would probably dump on the third line would be suicide. Shattenkirk being a Dman and Hitch being big on Defense probably helps give him opportunities on the top of the chart over offense, which he has shown to have no idea how to run. On any other team, this trade would be a Godsend. On this one...

In short, this trade would hurt offense, not help it.

Last edited:

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Bad deal for Boston it weakens their depth at center and Shattenkirk can bolt and why would he stay on a team that on the way down? I know Boston fans will come here and go "ya well we are 10-6 we aren't on the way down."

But that is ALL Rask he can't put up a 945 save % forever, he can't put up a 1.54 GAA forever he's stealing them games that will slow down when it does they will sink

Its pretty silly to suggest we're "on the way down" when the only player thats at the tail end of his career is Chara. The rest are either in their primes or entering them.

Bergy/Krejci/Rask are around 30, Marchand is 28 I believe, Krug is 25.

Arguably our best d man this year is 19 years old, and he has looked fantastic, not to mention Pastrnak is looking like he'll be a 1st line winger.

The team will look dramatically different next year I think, especially the defense. I completely disagree with the assertion that theyre "on the way down."

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No way will Krejci be included in the deal for Shattenkirk unless he signs an extension in Boston. And by all accounts Shattenkirk wants to play for the hometown Rangers so i doubt that this deal would ever happen any ways.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm still not convinced that Shattenkirk will be traded period, I'm thinking that Armstrong will hold unto him and hope for a long playoff run. And then just let him walk next summer. That's if St Louis even makes the playoff that is.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm still not convinced that Shattenkirk will be traded period, I'm thinking that Armstrong will hold unto him and hope for a long playoff run. And then just let him walk next summer. That's if St Louis even makes the playoff that is.

He's been trying to trade him for 2 years now. As for Kirk signing in NY....1 in 5 chance it happens.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I don't see this happening and it's unclear to me why this 'blogger' is viewed by the site as a reputable source for legitimate hockey rumors.... *shrug*

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I don't see this happening and it's unclear to me why this 'blogger' is viewed by the site as a reputable source for legitimate hockey rumors.... *shrug*
It's not, as is clearly stated in multiple places (sticky at the top of the forum, not to mention a post in this very thread).

The Eklund tag is not there to endorse or represent Eklund as a reputable source of rumors.

The tag is there so posters can easily identify threads with Eklund as a source and decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussion. If folks don't care for this thread the forums are filled with thousands of other discussions they can participate in. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read these threads.

And the folks that like to come into these threads and spam them with anti-Eklund comments are doing a disservice to their follow HFB members by making it harder for them to have an on-topic discussion.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
In case you aren't aware.... Chara isn't 27 years old or anything...

chara is a stay home left shot dmen that is huge... shattenkirk is a rh shot puck mover who is small

bostons known assets that figure into the long range plan include krug who is a lh shot puck mover who is small

carlo who is a large body stay home right shot

and then I would say mcavoy who seems to be an all purpose right shot dman that has some jam to his game

if we believe that mcavoy can play with krug as our offensive duo... then our budget needs to be spent on a parter for carlo. even if you think krug will play with carlo we are still looking for a partner for mcavoy

does shattenkirk as a right hand shot make sense when you know he will need a 6-7 year contract? is the need for shattenkirk likely to be a need in 2-3 years?

we are seeing the danger of ntc/nmc. will he sign an extension without one?

I am not opposed to moving krecji for a top 3 dman... but our need is for a lhs guy. so to answer your question, yes I do realize chara is nearing the end of the line. the guy we need would be his replacement

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Its pretty silly to suggest we're "on the way down" when the only player thats at the tail end of his career is Chara. The rest are either in their primes or entering them.

Arguably our best d man this year is 19 years old, and he has looked fantastic, not to mention Pastrnak is looking like he'll be a 1st line winger.

The team will look dramatically different next year I think, especially the defense. I completely disagree with the assertion that theyre "on the way down."

Well after being a contender for years you missed the playoffs the last 2 years and wouldn't be a playoff team right now without Rask putting up record breaking numbers a trend that continued last noight but this time it wasn't enough because your team can't score.

Yes, you are on the way down and if you can't see that now you will once Rask cools down even the SLIGHTEST bit.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Well after being a contender for years you missed the playoffs the last 2 years and wouldn't be a playoff team right now without Rask putting up record breaking numbers a trend that continued last noight but this time it wasn't enough because your team can't score.

Yes, you are on the way down and if you can't see that now you will once Rask cools down even the SLIGHTEST bit.

Ok so I checked it out they are 21st in scoring one behind the Flames who are minus 18. Bruins are plus 2 so scoring more then letting goals in is all you need. They did miss the playoffs with a above .500 record and one of them was the highest pt total to never make it 93 pts and 96 pts. That 93 total puts them in the playoffs last year in the mighty west. Not exactly floating at the bottom of the league. Pastrnak was not playing yesterday and they never score a lot of goals, pretty much a defensive team. On the way down, no, staying competitive while refurbishing the talent is what they are doing. They cannot like most teams put an AHL team on the ice for a complete tank :sarcasm:. The Bruin talent pool is really good one of if not the best for the College picks. They will be a different team style wise in a few years. Sweeney's drafting has stock piled them like never before and it will help keep them from going down. How far up is what I am looking forward too

I would trade Krech for Shatt, hope it gets done

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

I'm not sure I'd trust the expertise of a Leafs fan on what a good team should look like. ;)

Not all teams need total rebuilds.

I wouldn't trade Krejci for Shattenkirk. Spooner yes, maybe.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Would love to see Shattenkirk come to Detroit, Something around Nyquist+Mantha/Svechnikov+Detroit's 2nd round pick for Kevin Shattenkirk @ 7 years $6.5 million per or something close to that. He's what we need.

Were honestly log jammed in our top 9. With that said, weve had enough back and forth to say that Stl and Detroit could come to a deal that makes both sides happy

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
There's gotta be more to Shattenkirk if Krejci is involved. I doubt Boston would do this 1 for 1

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

The real problem is that other threads are allowed to have a conversation about the reliability of a source, but Eklund threads aren't.

Someone can come into a CBJ thread and ask "Is this Aaron Portzline guy legit?" and others will say "he is the best source for Jackets news, and never says anything that isn't ironclad." That is a-ok. No one complains because the source has a bearing on the validity of the rumor. It should be discussed.

But if a certain other insider post's a rumor, and people (rightly or wrongly) were to describe him as a "miserable, talentless, con-artist who can't even come up with a credible sounding lie," or "the journalistic equivalent of a streetwalker or a seller of snake oil," then suddenly the source isn't up for discussion.

Anywhoo.. I don't believe this Eklund rumor because I don't think the value is correct.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
If Shatty is extended and the blues take Quaid back in all over this. No idea how impossible that is because of the blues cap but I'm guessing impossible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad