Eklund Rumor: Shattenkirk talks heating up. Krejci involved??

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah i doubt that Army plans on trading Shattenkirk now, Army wants him for a possible cup run here. Don't see Shattenkirk getting traded right now. Eklund being Eklunk making things up to get hits on his site.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Either way, this trade premise has been discussed a lot. Without an extension, there needs to be a pretty decent plus being added to Shattenkirk (just from a PR standpoint).

With an extension at a reasonable price, I'd honestly say it's pretty fair straight up. (although many Bruins fans are going to disagree with me).

This all said, with the emergence of Carlo and some of the prospects coming up (namely McAvoy), I'd say a Shattenkirk acquisition is less NEEDED than it once was. But I'd still entertain the discussion at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
ive always had a liking of a shatty/krejci type swap

seems like eklund is climbing up the right tree when suggesting this past few months

I could see it potentially happening

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Does Eklund not realize Schwartz returned to the game last night? If there's an injury concern, it's Steen not Schwartz.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Heinen Spooner Backes
Beleksey Nash Czarnik
Schaller Moore Accari/Hayes

Chara Shattenkirk
Krug Carlo
Liles/Kevan Miller/Colin Miller/McQuaid/Morrow ~ $10 million in cap space

IF something like this went down... and it won't because of Krejci's NMC... the Bruins would have a lot of dead cap in the press box without other moves. And their forward core looks a lot thinner.

Bruins are probably best just waiting for Kevan Miller to get healthy, enjoy Carlo's faster than expected impact, and cross their fingers on Morrow or Colin Miller making a push to be a top 4 guy in what might be their make or break season.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I like Dom Tiano's response to this rumor. I'm a fan of Shattenkirk, but I think Wintersej is right, I have a hard time seeing him come in without McQuaid or K Miller going out too.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Seems pretty awesome from a Blues perspective. Also seems not very grounded in any kind of reality or fact

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
What's truly incredible is the amount of users who come into an Eklund thread just to complain about him. I agree that most of what he posts looks to be pure BS, but honestly who cares, why bother posting just to complain about something we all know.

I'll also add that it's clear most people have never read what Eklund does and then take everything he posts as him saying "this is going to happen." I've always thought that most of the hate is from people who wish they were making money reporting on NHL rumors.

About the rumor: The big issue from the Blues is money. We would have to add some salary(ies) to make it work financially , but than the Bruins would have to add more value. It would be a tough one to get done.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah i doubt that Army plans on trading Shattenkirk now, Army wants him for a possible cup run here. Don't see Shattenkirk getting traded right now. Eklund being Eklunk making things up to get hits on his site.

Except this is exactly the type of move Armstrong would make.

I may not be Krejci's biggest fan but i would be happy with this trade if it happened. Whatever middling pick the Blues will get at the TDL most likely wont hold a candle to the service we get from DK.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Krejci won't get moved due to his NMC. That is not a trade I do one for one either. Shattenkirk becomes a UFA and is going to get a raise he won't be worth long term. Plus Eklund.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
<sigh>

The Eklund tag is not there to endorse or represent Eklund as a reputable source of rumors.

The tag is there so posters can easily identify threads with Eklund as a source and decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussion. If folks don't care for this thread the forums are filled with thousands of other discussions they can participate in. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read these threads.

And the folks that like to come into these threads and spam them with anti-Eklund comments are doing a disservice to their follow HFB members by making it harder for them to have an on-topic discussion.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Krejci won't get moved due to his NMC. That is not a trade I do one for one either. Shattenkirk becomes a UFA and is going to get a raise he won't be worth long term. Plus Eklund.

That has rarely stopped people before from being moved.

I dont understand why the blues would do this. It would have made more sense to keep backes
instead of trade for a guy who seems to be hurt all the time.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I love Shatty and want him in NY next summer with that said i dont see Boston trading Krejci for him. Will weaken their center depth alot. Shatty is a ufa aswell, would suck for Boston if Shatty decided that he want to play for NYR, NYI or NJ or any other team close to NY and Boston lost him in the summer for nothing.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Before Boston saw what they had in Carlo I think we all thought this deal made sense. Now throwing 6+ mill to a 2-3 rhs dmen for 6-7 years makes very little sense at all.

I could see Boston wanting shattenkirk for the pp if krug gets moved... I could see Boston wanting a lhs vet to play with Carlo/avory once character is gone...

Don't see much appetite to lock up a smallish rhs guy at that price and term now

It's too bad cause 3 months ago this rumor would have got me quite ecited

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

It's very likely st Louis would be one of the teams on the list I think... can't use the NMC to rain on this parade but that said the deal doesn't make alot of sense for managing the cap

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Before Boston saw what they had in Carlo I think we all thought this deal made sense. Now throwing 6+ mill to a 2-3 rhs dmen for 6-7 years makes very little sense at all.

I could see Boston wanting shattenkirk for the pp if krug gets moved... I could see Boston wanting a lhs vet to play with Carlo/avory once character is gone...

Don't see much appetite to lock up a smallish rhs guy at that price and term now

It's too bad cause 3 months ago this rumor would have got me quite ecited

In case you aren't aware.... Chara isn't 27 years old or anything...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mobile users dont see any tags. I just opened this thread thinking there was a reputable rumor regarding the title, read OP and saw a HockeyBuzz link.

This has been an issue for years.

Even on mobile you should be seeing the stickied rules thread at the very top of the page. There's nothing in there about "if you can't see the Eklund tag on mobile then it's OK to ignore all the other rules". Just exit the thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1927073

;)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bad deal for Boston it weakens their depth at center and Shattenkirk can bolt and why would he stay on a team that on the way down? I know Boston fans will come here and go "ya well we are 10-6 we aren't on the way down."

But that is ALL Rask he can't put up a 945 save % forever, he can't put up a 1.54 GAA forever he's stealing them games that will slow down when it does they will sink

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Even on mobile you should be seeing the stickied rules thread at the very top of the page. There's nothing in there about "if you can't see the Eklund tag on mobile then it's OK to ignore all the other rules". Just exit the thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1927073

;)

Does HF hold the stance that flaming Eklund is different than flaming Dreger or any other guy that will post rumors?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Bad deal for Boston it weakens their depth at center and Shattenkirk can bolt and why would he stay on a team that on the way down? I know Boston fans will come here and go "ya well we are 10-6 we aren't on the way down."

But that is ALL Rask he can't put up a 945 save % forever, he can't put up a 1.54 GAA forever he's stealing them games that will slow down when it does they will sink

Yeah, I prefer keeping Krejci too.

That said, maybe Rask can't be at 94.5/1.54 forever. And Bergeron/Krug/Krejci (and other less marquee players, like Beleskey... Or Hayes, with 0 points in 14 games... Etc etc) can't possibly be forever very significantly under their usual point production, either.
Furthermore, the team as a whole plays much better than last season. The improvement is significant. So...Maybe, just maybe, we will not sink...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00