GDT: Sharks Vs Flames 24/3/14, 6PM.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
You guys scared about Couture?

Yes. Terrified.

I actually do think this team is better than the Kings (unlike most around here it seems). It's pretty obvious that even if it's subconciously, this team just does not take inferior opponents seriously. Which is a huge problem... but not in the playoffs.

However... if Couture's out with a broken anything. All bets are off, we're ****ed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't really care about the playoff positioning. People are overrating the Kings and how big of an impact they'd have against this team in a series. I would rather play the Wild or the Coyotes or the Stars but that's because they're worse teams. Kings aren't going to tax the Sharks in a series as much as people like to think.

The primary focus right now is Couture's health. They will be in it tough without him for an extended amount of time.

The PP looked better in all honesty with Burns on it instead of Couture but that's not really a knock on Couture. It could've been anyone of the regular five off for Burns and it probably would've looked better. They need to fix it as it is costing them games and likely already has cost them a better spot. It will cost them the playoffs as they aren't good enough, imo, in the other areas to beat the best teams in this league w/o it going for them.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Some of the reactions are priceless on here. Like there's people who will reply twice in 5 minutes at their disgust. - Ok they lost,.. In a shootout..

It's not like they were hammered terribly. Yes, the race to the pacific title is close and you need every point you can take, but they're not going to go 9-0-0 until the end of the year.

Yes, its just one shootout loss...

We will forget that it is to Calgary, and that it is in a series of losses to bottom feeders this year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Edmonton, Winnipeg, Nashville, so many bums coming up.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I'm tired.of people acting like LA is a bad matchup and an automatic loss. These teams are as even as it gets. Could make a great series and a great rivalry.

Who cares about the rivalry? Our odds of winning the Cup are greater if we win the division and have the higher seed. Let Anaheim and LA beat up each other in the 1st round.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, missing Hertl is hurting that depth to get Pavs back to the third line I hear that. Who's a better choice in the shootout? I'm perfectly fine with Shep in the shootout.

Thornton has done really well in the shootout this year.

Maybe send out Burns... he's done it before. Hell I don't think Nieto's had a shot this year. I would have been ok with seeing him try it.

I also wouldn't have had him go last where all the pressure could potentially be on... let someone with experience in that situation shoot there.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't really care about the playoff positioning. People are overrating the Kings and how big of an impact they'd have against this team in a series. I would rather play the Wild or the Coyotes or the Stars but that's because they're worse teams. Kings aren't going to tax the Sharks in a series as much as people like to think.

The primary focus right now is Couture's health. They will be in it tough without him for an extended amount of time.

The PP looked better in all honesty with Burns on it instead of Couture but that's not really a knock on Couture. It could've been anyone of the regular five off for Burns and it probably would've looked better. They need to fix it as it is costing them games and likely already has cost them a better spot. It will cost them the playoffs as they aren't good enough, imo, in the other areas to beat the best teams in this league w/o it going for them.

Because Burns will actually shoot the puck and can play the point.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I've been saying this the last couple days but the guys on the top PP are not moving. They're just standing where they are and trying to pass it around for the most part. The second PP at least has bodies moving to try and get openings if not the skill to execute as well.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I've been saying this the last couple days but the guys on the top PP are not moving. They're just standing where they are and trying to pass it around for the most part. The second PP at least has bodies moving to try and get openings if not the skill to execute as well.

They really should just use the top two lines as the PP units.

Pavs/Jumbo/Burns/Demers/Vlasic

Marleau/Couture/Nieto/Boyle/Irwin

Make them pretend it's just even strength with one less guys out there :sarcasm:

YoungSinatra

Fade Away
May 25, 2011
San Jose, California
Thornton has done really well in the shootout this year.

Maybe send out Burns... he's done it before. Hell I don't think Nieto's had a shot this year. I would have been ok with seeing him try it.

I also wouldn't have had him go last where all the pressure could potentially be on... let someone with experience in that situation shoot there.
Yeah, I guess my order would have been Shep, Marleau, Thornton but I don't know if I blame the coaches too hard.. it's just a loss. :(

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

How are people over rating the Kings when they have the season series and have beat SJ in every type of game. Meanwhile the Sharks have 1 SO win and that was against Scrivens.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Coaching decisions. Lineup decisions.

From the big things like continuing to destroy our depth by keeping Pavs up on Jumbo's wing when he hasn't scored in 6-7 games and deluding themselves into thinking (as much as he's improved) that Sheppard is anything close to a 3C on a playoff team. To small things like using Sheppard in the shootout tonight. Yes, reward guys for having a good game... but not when we need the points like we do.

I don't particularly agree with you here. Center depth has been a strength of the team but Pavs was on the wing for nearly half the season and the they won the vast majority of those games. Regardless of how they're playing now, it wasn't a mistake to have him play at wing. He should move back to center at some point soon but it's not what's breaking the team.

Also, the way Sheppard's been playing lately definitely shows that he can be a 3rd line center with other good quality 3rd liners. He's not going to carry marginal 3rd liners like Pavelski did but he can be a 3rd line center on most teams.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
I'm calling BS. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But if he wasn't they wouldn't ****ing tell us anyways. So until he's in a starting lineup again, TMac can **** off with his BS.

Yup. They said Torres was just having a maintenance day, and should be back any game now. Again and again. Can't trust them or our media.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, I guess my order would have been Shep, Marleau, Thornton but I don't know if I blame the coaches too hard.. it's just a loss. :(

Marleau, Pavelski, Thornton, Burns, Boyle, Nieto... would have had all of them go before Shep. It's not like these are meaningless points but the coaching staff sure did treat it that way tonight in the SO :shakehead

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They really should just use the top two lines as the PP units.

Pavs/Jumbo/Burns/Demers/Vlasic

Marleau/Couture/Nieto/Boyle/Irwin

Make them pretend it's just even strength with one less guys out there :sarcasm:

Seriously, the Sharks are always on the move at even strength. I don't know what they're thinking. They've got to be tired right now. If they think the PP is a time when they can relax then get the hell off the ice.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad