GDT: Sharks Vs Flames 24/3/14, 6PM.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
SHARKS (46-18-8) at FLAMES (29-35-7)

TV: CSN-CA, SNET-W

Last 10: San Jose 7-1-2; Calgary 6-4-0

Season series: The San Jose Sharks and Calgary Flames will play for the fifth and final time. San Jose has won three of the four games, and Joe Pavelski has four goals and seven points for the Sharks.

Big story: The Sharks look to avoid losing two games in a row for the first time in almost two months, and the Flames will attempt to play spoiler as they begin a three-game homestand, all against teams that would qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs entering Monday.

Team Scope:

Sharks: San Jose has picked up points in 13 of its past 15 games to overtake the Anaheim Ducks for first place in the Pacific Division. The Sharks visit Calgary and then Edmonton, each of which they lost to during a trip through Alberta in January.

"We didn't [have success] the last time through, and they are both teams that are trying to work on their identity down the stretch here," coach Todd McLellan said after the Sharks' 3-2 shootout loss against the Washington Capitals on Saturday. "[Calgary] is bringing some useful prospects through their lineups. [Calgary] will be prepared to play hard, and we will have to match that."

The Sharks have won five of their past six road games.

"We played well. We probably should have won the game, but we didn't," captain Joe Thornton said after the game Saturday. "We just got to continue getting points. With 10 games left every point is going to be important from here on out."

Flames: The offensively challenged Flames have scored 28 regulation goals their past seven games, including an 8-1 victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday. Still, they rank 22nd in the NHL in goals with 2.48 per game.

"It's been a challenge for us to produce offense this year. It's nice to see pucks go in like they did. You don't expect to score eight goals every night, but it's nice to get that feeling where you feel like the puck is going to go in the net," forward Mike Cammalleri said.

Calgary might have a tougher time scoring against the Sharks, who allow 2.32 goals per game, fourth in the League.

Who's hot: Sharks goalie Antti Niemi has allowed seven goals in four games and has a .935 save percentage. Left wing Patrick Marleau has four goals in his past six games. … Flames forward Mikael Backlund has at least a point in six of seven games. Cammalleri has 10 goals in March, including eight goals in his past seven games.

Injury report: Sharks forward Tomas Hertl (knee) and defenseman Brad Stuart (upper body) are on injured reserve. Forward Raffi Torres (knee) is out. … Flames forwards David Jones (shoulder) and Markus Granlund (upper body) and defenseman Dennis Wideman (upper body) are out.

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
I've just boarded my flight to CGY, and then driving to EDM tomorrow as well. Can not wait to see the boys play in Alberta and represent teal in both stadiums! Go Sharks!!!

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I've just boarded my flight to CGY, and then driving to EDM tomorrow as well. Can not wait to see the boys play in Alberta and represent teal in both stadiums! Go Sharks!!!

have fun freezing your butt off :D right now it is -10 and feels like -16 in calgary. and for the americans on that is 14 and feels like 3.

tomorrow in edmonton the weather should be a high of -2 and a low of -11 or 28 and 12.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Go Sharks!

My Halvat SNOG: Get's his point today.

One point a week is all I am asking of Martin.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Oh please oh please get two points in Regulation Sharks. And get two points tomorrow.

And also NO OWN GOALS!

SNOG -

Sharks - 3 (Burns, Nieto and Sheppard)
Flames - 2 (Cammalleri and Galiardi)

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
have fun freezing your butt off :D right now it is -10 and feels like -16 in calgary. and for the americans on that is 14 and feels like 3.

tomorrow in edmonton the weather should be a high of -2 and a low of -11 or 28 and 12.

Cold weather, cold beer, warm Canadian women...sounds perfect to me. I've lived in very cold weather before, so I should be prepared. I hope. It's been a long time.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Sharks haven't been bringing their A game against non playoff teams,but I think this one will be aight. Flames are due a blowout after doing it to the oils
snog
6-1 Sharks
Pavs (2), Nieto, Jumbo, Desi, Boyle
Glencross

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
If sharks drop more games against bottom 5 teams in the league. That will be the reason we don't win the pacific. Real crappy that we would play la. Because we couldn't beat buffalo Florida Calgary oilers. Let's just hope they can string these next few together

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
Line-ups from daily face-off:

San Jose Sharks

Pavelski - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Wingels - Sheppard - Havlat
Brown - Desjardins - Burish

Valsic - Demers
Hannan - Boyle