GDT: Sharks vs Coyotes 7:30pm still playing games I see.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
That little pass to himself, around the defender, with one hand, while back skating, is exactly why I’m comfortable penciling Barabanov into the top 6 next year.

No comparison between his skill and guys like Melker and Sorenson
He has great puck awareness and even if he loses it he wins it back or breaks it up a lot of the time. We need this dude.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This is a regular occurrence with the Sharks broadcast. Poor play by certain players won't be called out (Ferraro and Couture the most).
That might just be Hannan giving credit to players for good plays rather than critiquing for bad play.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
That might just be Hannan giving credit to players for good plays rather than critiquing for bad play.

I'm definitely enjoying Hannan in the broadcast more than Hedican, but Hedi doesn't criticise Ferraro or Couture either.

I've been muting the games with Hedi lately, he just makes watching even more difficult than the on-ice product already it.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Randy: "As a good Canadian boy, do you know what that is in kilometers?"

Me: "Randy, as also a good Canadian boy, do you?"

disclaimer: As a good Canadian boy I don't because I almost never have to convert stuff to imperial since most things are in metric. Only time I tend to use imperial is height and weight and when talking colloquially (ie I'm gonna say "it's a few miles up the road" because "miles" is easier to say than "kilometers"

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Randy: "As a good Canadian boy, do you know what that is in kilometers?"

Me: "Randy, as also a good Canadian boy, do you?"

disclaimer: As a good Canadian boy I don't because I almost never have to convert stuff to imperial since most things are in metric. Only time I tend to use imperial is height and weight and when talking colloquially (ie I'm gonna say "it's a few miles up the road" because "miles" is easier to say than "kilometers"

I'm surprised that you say "miles" there. I had a Vietnamese international student friend once who didn't know what "miles" was when he was in America. He knew what kilomet was.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm surprised that you say "miles" there. I had a Vietnamese international student friend once who didn't know what "miles" was when he was in America. He knew what kilomet was.

Everything is officially in metric here, but imperial was chiefly taught in school through at least the 60s (my parents never learned metric) and as a consequence of a) being neighbors to the US and b) being descended more recently from the UK, which tended to resist the adoption of metric until at least the 60s as well, Canada tends to be a weird hodgepodge of both systems in terms of practical use where everyone over a certain age uses imperial, everyone under that age mostly uses metric, and certain quirky situational imperial uses remain widespread for even the latter group.

and balls, this one's coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad