Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Joonas Donskoi (2 year ELC)

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1431940825584.html

Two-year contract with the San Jose Sharks and moves to California next season. Top playing Donskoi earns $ 925 000 per season.

29690-super-happy-dude-gif-veiI.gif

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
so it's possible he plays with the big club?

Could mean NHL of AHL now with the Barracuda. I've seen some fantasy people that seem to like his chances of making the big Sharks.

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Hockey-Rambling/may-18-2015

"San Jose has reportedly signed Finnish star Joonas Donskoi to a two-year deal. Donskoi was a fourth-round draft pick in 2010 by Florida, but they failed to sign him and he was allowed to walk. Now, after eight points in eight games at the Worlds, and he was tied for fourth in Liiga scoring, Donskoi signs. With San Jose. Which is a better fit as the Sharks can work him into the lineup, especially if they move a body in the offseason. Donskoi is worth keeping an eye on - and perhaps the best bet of all the FA signings I've seen so far this year. I like this one better than Casey Bailey (Toronto) and Steve Moses (Nashville)."

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Could mean NHL of AHL now with the Barracuda. I've seen some fantasy people that seem to like his chances of making the big Sharks.

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/Hockey-Rambling/may-18-2015

"San Jose has reportedly signed Finnish star Joonas Donskoi to a two-year deal. Donskoi was a fourth-round draft pick in 2010 by Florida, but they failed to sign him and he was allowed to walk. Now, after eight points in eight games at the Worlds, and he was tied for fourth in Liiga scoring, Donskoi signs. With San Jose. Which is a better fit as the Sharks can work him into the lineup, especially if they move a body in the offseason. Donskoi is worth keeping an eye on - and perhaps the best bet of all the FA signings I've seen so far this year. I like this one better than Casey Bailey (Toronto) and Steve Moses (Nashville)."

At worst, he'll probably make for a way better 4th line than we're used to even if he's not great.

AngeFIN

Sep 18, 2005
Espoo, Finland
At worst, he'll probably make for a way better 4th line than we're used to even if he's not great.

He has a lot of potential, he has sick, sick hands and great hockey sense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him being a regular on the 2nd line before the end of the season. Awesome pickup guys, will be fun to watch. :yo:

- Ducks fan.

FlutteringSaucer

Apr 27, 2012
Congrats guys if true! Göran Stubb (Director of European Central Scouting Services) told that during the WHC four different NHL teams asked him whether he thinks Donskoi can play in the NHL next season. Stubb answered yes to all these teams.

I think he will be a solid skilled bottom 6 player already next season with 2nd line upside in the future. Then again you never know how fast a player adjusts to NA game.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks PR just outsourced it instead...

It is pretty comical how long it takes them to do basic things

The lone intern assigned to write press releases has finals this week? :sarcasm:

"Traditionally" it seems the Sharks take 1-2 weeks or more before announcing summer signings.

Still waiting on some of the collegiate AHL signed players who "also" apparently got a NHL deal to be announced. (And that Brodreau won't be signed)

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
At worst its a break even. A two year deal, one of which will likely be in the AHL. But if he breaks out then we pretty much have our forward depth. We are lacking high end scorers though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There is no denying this as a positive move. He nailed it last year with Melker Karlsson

Yes, there is denying it because there is nothing yet to say whether it's positive or negative. Getting a hit with Melker doesn't mean this one will hit. It wouldn't be the first signing that didn't amount to anything. Wait until he plays a game in North America before making a judgment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad