Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Joonas Donskoi (2 year ELC)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
*Phew*

Something to be happy about. Really stoked about this signing, although I've only ever read about him (and seen one highlight video). Makes me feel a little better about this past season and TMac signing in EDM (I loved McLellan).

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
I can't help but think of sumo stuff because of his name.

Dosukoi! Dosukoi!

I feel these could get some use when Donskoi scores his first Sharks goal and we're scrambling for a nickname and image to start tradition :laugh:

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I feel these could get some use when Donskoi scores his first Sharks goal and we're scrambling for a nickname and image to start tradition :laugh:

B50vpiL.png

Joonas Dosukoi!
:laugh:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't even think they're valid comparisons in the slightest.

A highly "skilled" forward who couldn't make the NHL, and a highly-skilled forward who did. Because of all the stick-skills videos and general comments.

Thank odin because that's a real sophies choice of **** vs ****.

Ribeiro is no superstar, but he's a solid NHLer with a long career. Getting a player like that for "free" would be a major win.

Interesting to see the way the org. has handled prospects the past two years. Holding on to picks, all these free-agent signings, investing/drafting/signing out of Europe.....We know/suspect that Plattner was unhappy with the state of the development/drafting wing of the organization. Maybe that was all that it took for DW to address the issue?

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
When comparing Donskoi vs Goldobin in FEL is Donskoi far superior at this moment. And watching the games in WHC Donskoi played better than Hertl. I think he has a chance to make it, think about third liner in second powerplay-unit.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
When comparing Donskoi vs Goldobin in FEL is Donskoi far superior at this moment. And watching the games in WHC Donskoi played better than Hertl. I think he has a chance to make it, think about third liner in second powerplay-unit.

Donskoi is a great no risk / high reward signing and it seems like he has a pretty good shot at a NHL career but you can't compare 19yo Goldobin's first season in the FEL with 22/23yo Donskoi's who's been playing in Liiga for 6 years.

I also agree that Donskoi was better than Hertl in the WC but I'm not going to put much weight on a short tournament especially since Hertl didn't really play much.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I watched Donskoi at the WC's and a bit in the Liiga finals. He is very good. Puck seems to follow him and he's got elite skills. The biggest hurdle will be to see how he adapts when he has less time and space on NA ice. He did not look out of place at all playing on a line with Barkov and Jussi Jokinen at the Worlds.

As an Avs fan I'm very jealous of this signing. Reminds me of the Blues getting Lehtera last season.

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
Good start to get a free asset with good upside to the NHL. We are going to need a lot more on the defensive side to get back to being competitive. Hoping for some announcements there this offseason.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Off the top of my head Couture had a SHG on a breakaway against Anaheim and Marleau scored against the Jets.

Wingels also had one against the Kings.

Marleau, Wingels, and Kennedy had theirs literally in the first few games of the season and the rest of the way it was WAY too few and far between. Couture's one is pretty legit. But last season was a very bad one for burying it on breakaways for the Sharks, especially Patty.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
3rd line of Karlsson-Tierney-Donskoi would be a promising young line that in a few years could be very good.:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad